What’s wrong with medium-well or well-done steak?

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Medium well by far

rare_graphic1.jpg

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: @ u thinking I take anybody that works at a chain restaurant opinions serious

Anthony Bourdain on his book wrote this about well done steaks in the restaurant business -
2. Ordering steak well done comes with a risk
A tough piece of steak found in a kitchen may be saved for the "philistine" who wants his meat well cooked, Bourdain wrote in the same piece.

"People who order their meat well-done perform a valuable service for those of us in the business who are cost-conscious: they pay for the privilege of eating our garbage. In many kitchens, there's a time-honoured practice called 'save for well-done'... the philistine who orders his food well-done is not likely to notice the difference between food and flotsam."

Bourdain was an executive chef at a high end restaurant for years before writing a book about what goes on in the kitchen and becoming famous for said book.

Eating well done steak is basically getting the worst steaks they have so they can serve it to you at a higher cost. Might as well stay home and buy cubed steak and cook the shyt out of that.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Nothing. Don't let these heathens force you to eat some bloody steak like some wild animal. Medium well is what I eat my steak at. Anything less than that and I might as well go and bite a fukking cow.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Well done just takes a long time to cook and in a restaraunt its the last thing to order if your in a rush. You would think people understand that but they dont. A thick cut of steak can take 20 minutes to be cooked well done, which means 25 to 30 to get to your table.
I had a waitress ask how I wanted my hamburger cooked. I said well done, like who wants to eat under cooked ground beef :mjtf:

She said you ordered the 1/2 pound burger and it's going to take twice as long to cook, you're better off getting the 1/4 pound.

I was like thanks for the heads up.:ehh:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Well done steak?

Even Bunny Colvin would slap you behind yo head if you ordered a well done steak at a restaurant.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Medium to well done is what I prefer. Nothing wrong with medium rare but Don’t care for that bloody mess all over the plate.