Whats up with this "spiritual" ideology women have these days?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
There's a harshness to it, but I do think there is something there about people lacking intelligence, and making up for it with nonsense about astrology, vibes, basically anything that can be learned or mirrored from social media.

Social media has become people's primary source of learning.
Imma write a research paper in the future about how much social media dumbed down the world's population among other things

It's the last days, friends

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
And for any non believer in this thread, God is not a racist judge just sending everyone to hell. You have to have a relationship with God to really  know the God people serve

And everyone doesn't serve the same God. Find your own answers. Just always be openminded. A closed mind is a dying mind

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Imma write a research paper in the future about how much social media dumbed down the world's population among other things

It's the last days, friends

You can roughly look at this as an overview,

2004: Facebook

2005: Gawker, BuzzFeed, Jezebel (the first viral journalism)

2008: Facebook News Feed/ Obama elected, in part, due to social media campaigning, young progressives online,

2010: The Like Function/ for the opposable thumbs on a smart phone

2012: Instagram, purchased by Facebook

Mid 2010's : Facebook finds that "moral outrage" is the biggest driver of what they call "engagement" on the platform

2014-2017: Older people are online, and some of the biggest engagers, also they are more conservative

2016: Trump election

then the rise of even shorter attention apps, like SNAP and TIK TOK.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad I found this thread cuz I was going to make one on the modernization of witchcraft. My aunt has been dabbling in tarot cards and crystals. Her daughters(19 and 11) are even participating:snoop:

They been moving like crackheads ever since they started practicing that bullshyt.
My mother just got tarot cards from her work friends.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
You can roughly look at this as an overview,

2004: Facebook

2005: Gawker, BuzzFeed, Jezebel (the first viral journalism)

2008: Facebook News Feed/ Obama elected, in part, due to social media campaigning, young progressives online,

2010: The Like Function/ for the opposable thumbs on a smart phone

2012: Instagram, purchased by Facebook

Mid 2010's : Facebook finds that "moral outrage" is the biggest driver of what they call "engagement" on the platform

2014-2017: Older people are online, and some of the biggest engagers, also they are more conservative

2016: Trump election

then the rise of even shorter attention apps, like SNAP and TIK TOK.
Repped
:salute:

Learning a lot from this thread :wow:
Intelligent Movement
:ahh:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
One of the hardest things about social media, is that no one wants to rail about technology, because they will be seen as old or out of touch

so, no one really wants to look at what may affect people down the road, or is this good/bad? What are the unintended consequences?

We are kind of seeing them now, 10 years or so into Facebook's reign. People have very short attention spans, people are essentially addicted to their phones, the rush of dopamine from scrolling, people are very subject to misinformation or just lies, people tend to be extremely reactive and quick to moral outrage (think about this in terms of dating and men/women in 2023 too), the affect on politics,

there's this whole area of this, and we are still tapping and scrolling, I am not, but I never had social media, and I used to regret that a lot more.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
its all good. She is also Gemini moon :leon:
:blessed: See how we clicking?!

There are two ways to consider labels. Sure it means that what you have labeled now can be categorized, but now it can NOT be anything other than your internal label. This is my disagreement with astrology in a nutshell. No intended animosity needed

IE just because I am associated with the ram does not mean wish to be anyone's fleece @Marks :ufdup:
I'm the bull and I ain't trynna be nobody's steak, but I WILL fukk you up if you interrupt me with my cud. :ufdup: (Also, the bull, Isis, Hathor, Age of Taurus/ 4320- 2150 bc, we in this thang!)

Labels are necessary to language, writing, and civilization, that's why God told Adam to get it going. But I will say, you only say this bc you're not well-versed in astrology. Its essentially a short hand for types of energy. Rowdy, calm, thoughtful, etc. If 12 categories are intended to cover all spheres of life, clearly, those 12 categories are wide af. And there are permutations. My brother is an Aries Sun... conjunct Saturn! That's a whoooooole different type of Aries. He don't even feel like an Aries, he feel like everybody damn 'daddy,' the literal descriptor of Saturn, ruler of Capricorn. There's space for everybody, and nuance.

The labels work fine for our purposes. We understand the limits. You're not locked into, and there's no one way of, being an Aries Sun bc that Aries Sun is gon touch and collaborate with other planets specific to your chart/ date, time, and location of birth, ie, YOU.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS