Whats up with this "spiritual" ideology women have these days?

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Folks need something to believe in so I don’t usually knock it. But this stuff has been annoying me since I dated someone deep into it.

She would hit me with the most generic shyt that could apply to anything. “You’re a water sign so that means you like to be around family, your rising moon sign means you’re very focused on success. And you sometimes like solitude”

Just goofy shyt like that. Who doesn’t love family and success? Who doesn’t like some alone time?

They kill me as soon as you do something… “I should’ve expected that since you’re a Virgo. Those signs always blow things out of proportion.”

You can’t always look for meaning in something that’s not there

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I feel like these type of women have existed for a long time since the sixties when everybody was on that psychedelic self exploration drug tip. Talking about aligning chakras, vibrations, frequencies, astrology, interests in nature based religions, egyptology, witchcraft, tarot cards...doing yoga, going on spiritual pilgrimages to Tibet and India.

I won't knock anybody for trying to find themselves and discover the world outside of what they knew.
:yeshrug:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Pure comedy! 🤣😂

I am everything you all are complaining about :pachaha:

Tell me more.....

These dudes out here worshipping white and Arab religion having the audacity to talk down on spiritualism.

No direction just following the path of whites and their cousins.

They always mention Christianity and Islam despite the ancestors never followed such practices. They had a better understanding of the universe, akin to Buddhism in a way

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Every religion has it's mystical side; Christianity has Gnosticism, Islam has Sufism, Judaism has Hasidism/Kabbalah.

Mystery schools existed in antiqiuity. Elizabeth I Queen of England as it became a major power had John Dee an infamous mystic as one of her main advisers.

When the foundations of a civilization become unstable and there is a loss of trust in institutions people look for 'other' answers. For better or worse the age of Patriarchy is ending, the feminine is rising but it is rising with rebellion because it has been suppressed for centuries and the masculine is reacting. Crystals, Tarot, Divination, Astrology etc are all a very particular expression of this.

Surprised that in this day and age, folks still deny the validity of systems and practices that have been around for ages (i.e. astrology, divination thru cards, bones, scrying, etc.). Hell, if you're from the south, it's a good chance you had a granny or some older lady in your family who knew rootwork - even if she was in the church. I gather the only difference now is that many thibgs which have always been done in secret are being made known.

I don't understand the point of shunning these things. If you don't understand them, just say that. Objectively, consider how just as crazy it is to submit one's self to the tenets and beliefs on an organized religion, especially if it's only because you were raised in it.

I imagine there are occultists and spiritualists on this board which could explain the purpose of marrying the practical with the arcane to truly better understand and navigate this life experience but I guess there is no point.

:blessed:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Without men’s guidance they are going for more touchy-feely religion and less structured, less moralistic and less disciplined religion.
I was gon try to put it into words but this perfectly sums it up

Everything about women is running from structure and decisions. And society has coddled what’s actually a weakness and made it into something ‘cute’. ‘It takes women forever to get ready…happy wife happy life …I’m not hungry but I want your fries tee hee’.

Most women need/want structure. They aren’t meant to lead. When they do, you are essentially re-inventing the wheel and you get cooky results