What's the point of jailing a man who cannot pay child support?

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:russ: you kidding me breh?!? are u speaking from the nexts mans story or experience cuz.. my nikka i am speaking off EXPERIENCE :pacspit:

I'm not trying to argue with you dog. I WORK in family court. I see this shyt literally 5 days a week. I answer questions about this shyt 5 days a week. Now the laws in YOUR state might be different but in NYC, ANY provable change in income can get the support modified.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Did you miss the part where he was paying until he lost his job. :mindblown:

If you go to jail, you can't get a job, once you get out, you can't get a job, can't get a job, you can't pay, you can't pay, you go back to jail and the cycle repeats itself. More black men in jail. :snoop: Of course CACs will approve and black women are being played like fiddles helping speed up the process.

I said it before once you lose your job you have to go to court ASAP and get a motion to lower your child support obligations. Even unemployed you will get unemployment or gasp welfare and child support will be deducted based on that.

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
Its not that its just that he was messing with a hood rat with nothing to lose. Start messing with chicks that have a life/goals/aspirations and you wont have to worry about having to pay 800 a month.
Ya, but still. Piss a bytch off, you're paying an arm and a leg with child support. Especially if you make a lot, they take more.
:to:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I'm currently paying child support, so I'm 100% sure I know more than you do.

you go tell em you lost yo job.. :shaq:

your payments will STAY THE SAME! :stopitslime:

these nikkaz really think the stae gives a flying fukk bout yo financial situation :heh: if they throwing you in jail for being jobless.... wouldnt they say hey... how bout you pay 50 a month until you can get back right :russ: wake up nikkaz..

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Things you need to be aware of.

If you do something to get fired from your job, the judge can refuse to lower your payments.

If you get laid off, the judge has to by law lower your payments.

You always have to pay a minimum of $25 no matter what.

You can call SCU to make payment arrangements to cover your arrears and prevent your drivers license from being suspended or going to jail.

If you are employed on the books, you will never go to jail, they will simply take your tax return at the end of the year.

You have to owe thousands of dollars in arrears to be imprisoned

When a woman reports you for non-payment, the judge will ask why aren't you paying. Your answer will determine what happens next.

MY ex-wife tried to report me for not paying (3 months). When the judge asked me why didn't I pay, I pulled out a letter stating that the request for garnishment was sent to my job 2 months ago and they haven't started yet. The judge was told her "His job was notified, there's nothing he can do at the time. We will change the order to add the appropriate arrears (which was an extra $30 bi-weekly).

Some judges are a$$holes, but you can appeal their decisions.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
you go tell em you lost yo job.. :shaq:

your payments will STAY THE SAME! :stopitslime:

these nikkaz really think the stae gives a flying fukk bout yo financial situation :heh: if they throwing you in jail for being jobless.... wouldnt they say hey... how bout you pay 50 a month until you can get back right :russ: wake up nikkaz..

You don't know what you're talking about. Please stop with the misinformation.

Thanks in advance

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The misinformation in here shows why nikkas is getting caught up. KNOW the laws in your state gentlemen. I deal with folks daily that have no clue what their rights are. Come in here crying cuz they can't pay but never filed paperwork to alert the court to their situation. Just like folks thinking it'll automatically stop at age 21. Had cats paying support for 30 year olds. Wtf

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I also don't understand the point of jailing a non-payer, especially one that is active in his child's life. Could the mother just be spiteful?
It just seems to me that if you can't pay, your life will be negatively affected in more way than one. Hope you guys are strappin up!

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
The misinformation in here shows why nikkas is getting caught up. KNOW the laws in your state gentlemen. I deal with folks daily that have no clue what their rights are. Come in here crying cuz they can't pay but never filed paperwork to alert the court to their situation. Just like folks thinking it'll automatically stop at age 21. Had cats paying support for 30 year olds. Wtf

:what:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps

c/s

If you alert them early on, they will work with you.

Cats be waiting until they're thousands of dollars in arrears to say that they can't pay

:childplease:

Be pro-active with it

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also don't understand the point of jailing a non-payer, especially one that is active in his child's life. Could the mother just be spiteful?
It just seems to me that if you can't pay, your life will be negatively affected in more way than one. Hope you guys are strappin up!

Here in Maryland if the support is court ordered, then the court will automatically find the "offender" in contempt if they haven't paid. The custodial parent doesn't have to report anything.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood

YOU acting cuz you work in ONE fukking office in new york you know shyt :stylin: