What's the point of jailing a man who cannot pay child support?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Why would I be full of shyt? I work in Brooklyn family court. Come down on any random day and see the line extending up the block. We handle hundreds of cases a day. Now you obviously had a bad experience with the courts cuz you taking that shyt out on people who speaking the truth. It's not my fault you got buttfukked in court and didn't know your rights.

Oh and appealing months later? You have 35 days to file an appeal. So thanks for proving AGAIN how much you know.

THIS is the only shyt you said that was actually relevant..

you tellin nikkaz that when you lose your job.. you can go get it reduced.. just like dat.. so why these MILLIONAIRE athletes who are NO LONGER millionaire athletes cant do that?? like ya'll sound like some hoes

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Off topic, a woman can choose not to have a man pay child support and they can work out the payments amicably.

She can take you off those "papers" at any given time regardless of if you have arrears or not.

But, if she went thru SCU, you are still obligated to pay those arrears.

The best option to remain on good terms with the woman and try to work out payment arrangements outside of the court. But at the same time know what the child support rate of your state is, so if she wants too much money, you can decide if you're better off going thru the courts.

My cousin seperated from his baby mama and he wuz just givin her money every month but she didn't. Put him on child support,most likely cuz she wanted the government assistance on top of what he wuz givin her off the books monthly.....She would always threatin him with child support when they fought and eventually she followed through with it.....then I guess since she wuz gettin government assistance they made him pay back ALL the years he wuznt payin?I think that's how it worked....he had to pay back all he should've been paying.

He told me if a female ever say she ain't gon put you on child support to decline and get put on it anyway....I nodded my head but gave the :childplease: on the inside:russ:.....I can't imagine volunteering to be put on child support if the chick is willing to work it out off the books.

Are there any situations where y'all can work it out on your own between the two of you,but she can't come back later and make u pay all the back child support?Since u were actually paying but just off the books,maybe a receipt:why:? Maybe not cuz its fraud:sadbron:?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
My cousin seperated from his baby mama and he wuz just givin her money every month but she didn't. Put him on child support,most likely cuz she wanted the government assistance on top of what he wuz givin her off the books monthly.....She would always threatin him with child support when they fought and eventually she followed through with it.....then I guess since she wuz gettin government assistance they made him pay back ALL the years he wuznt payin?I think that's how it worked....he had to pay back all he should've been paying.

He told me if a female ever say she ain't gon put you on child support to decline and get put on it anyway....I nodded my head but gave the :childplease: on the inside:russ:.....I can't imagine volunteering to be put on child support if the chick is willing to work it out off the books.

Are there any situations where y'all can work it out on your own between the two of you,but she can't come back later and make u pay all the back child support?Since u were actually paying but just off the books,maybe a receipt:why:? Maybe not cuz its fraud:sadbron:?

jus keep receipts of EVERYTIME you give any kind of money ..

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jus keep receipts of EVERYTIME you give any kind of money ..

That doesn't matter. If you have court ordered child support and you pay her directly that doesnt count toward your monthly obligation. You still have to pay the amount ordered.

As far as arrears goes, the mom can vouch if she wants that dude was supporting the baby before the order...if she wants. If not he will most likely be responsible for that too.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps

Technically, they can only start collecting arrears from the date the petition was filed. It was the Public Assistance that did him in.

For example, if the baby was born on 6/5/2008 and she files for child support on 12/10/2010 and the court case is set for 3/5/2011, then he should only pay arrears from 12/10/2010 and not from birth. Most judges would not even look past that.

However, if she was on public assistance when the baby was born, Public Assistance can get you for arrears on all of the money that they have already provided her before you were served. So if she received PA from 7/5/2008, then you would have to pay arrears on that regardless of when you were petitioned for child support. Only exception to this rule is if paternity was established after she got on Public Assistance. If this is the case, then you pay the arrears from the time Paternity was established, not when she started receiving Public Assistance

Hope I didn't confuse anybody.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
One of my boys lost his job 3 months so basically he has been on hard times. Forced to move back in with his paps and everything.

Anyway he was making child support payments to his baby moms ($800) a month.

After he lost his job he can no longer afford to make those payments.

Family court told him to go fuck himself because they aint reducing the payments.

Baby moms took him to court for being 2 months late on child support and they have threatened him with Jail if he doesn't pay.

How does jailing him solves anything? Is putting the man in jail going to somehow make the $800 payments?

I don't get this twisted logic...please help me out.

Another reason why you will never catch me going inside any woman without a condom...its rough out there brehs
When you dont pay child support you are passing your burden to the state which is money that could have been allocated for other things, now allocated to your b*stard child. In turn the state must recoup that loss so they jail you and then charge the tax payers money to incarcerated you, recouping their loss.

Its so demonic, friend :whoo:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
yea you can appeal.. MONTHS later like ya'll sound like the courts give a fukk... go and listen to these herb nikkaz cuz they work there.. i been through it and know a ALOT of hoes who puttin they man through the wringer

as if there IS a minimum payment smh whats wrong with ya'll.. this aint no credit card payment.. PAY 800 a month or anything your SHORT will roll over and there IS a threshold to be thrown in jail :mindblown:

SMH i sound like a nikka who KNOWS what the fukk im talkin about and not stories from the next nikka

You can google all of this stuff. I'm paying child support, but I know my options and resources. I check my child support account every month to make sure that everything is flowing right.

God forbid I ever lose my job, I will contact SCU immediately. My CS is automatically garnished from my check (the hassle free way to do it) so they would catch on eventually.

After that I would arrange a fee modification with the judge. I would come to court with my unemployment paystubs and a list of upcoming job interviews. Most judges would reduce your payments temporarily for 6 months. You could get an a$$hole judge, but it really depends on how you present yourself and your situation to the judge.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
That doesn't matter. If you have court ordered child support and you pay her directly that doesnt count toward your monthly obligation. You still have to pay the amount ordered.

As far as arrears goes, the mom can vouch if she wants that dude was supporting the baby before the order...if she wants. If not he will most likely be responsible for that too.

if you goin quote me bytch.. do it right .. ya'll ole duck dancing ass nikkaz.. i HIGHLIGHTED what i was speakin of.. son asked if there is any way to jus handle shyt outta the courts

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
You can google all of this stuff. I'm paying child support, but I know my options and resources. I check my child support account every month to make sure that everything is flowing right.

God forbid I ever lose my job, I will contact SCU immediately. My CS is automatically garnished from my check (the hassle free way to do it) so they would catch on eventually.

After that I would arrange a fee modification with the judge. I would come to court with my unemployment paystubs and a list of upcoming job interviews. Most judges would reduce your payments temporarily for 6 months. You could get an a$$hole judge, but it really depends on how you present yourself and your situation to the judge.

so all of this... you think thats immediate huh.. :sitdown:

by the time you get all ur docs together and get in front of anyone its goin be like 3 months +!! and u STILL goin owe what was PREVIOUSLY determined and again i like how ya'll dappin eachother but not acknowledging that if you been on papers for LESS than 2 years :pacspit: @ your request!!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you goin quote me bytch.. do it right .. ya'll ole duck dancing ass nikkaz.. i HIGHLIGHTED what i was speakin of.. son asked if there is any way to jus handle shyt outta the courts

Yo what are you so angry about? Calm down. I quoted you to follow up on your answer. I don't have any beef with you, you not knowing what you're talking about doesnt bother me one bit.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Yo what are you so angry about? Calm down. I quoted you to follow up on your answer. I don't have any beef with you, you not knowing what you're talking about doesnt bother me one bit.

you know fam.. I dont even know :russ:

these da internets.. my fault fam :obama:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
so all of this... you think thats immediate huh.. :sitdown:

by the time you get all ur docs together and get in front of anyone its goin be like 3 months +!! and u STILL goin owe what was PREVIOUSLY determined and again i like how ya'll dappin eachother but not acknowledging that if you been on papers for LESS than 2 years :pacspit: @ your request!!

Yes, you still have to pay something. There is a huge possibility that you will owe arrears for those 3 months, but your payments moving forward can be reduced. You can't get out of paying, but you can avoid being penalized for it. SCU is really quick. They will make a notation in your account and send a letter in a few days to you acknowledging your request. You take that with you to court.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Yes, you still have to pay something. There is a huge possibility that you will owe arrears for those 3 months, but your payments moving forward can be reduced. You can't get out of paying, but you can avoid being penalized for it. SCU is really quick. They will make a notation in your account and send a letter in a few days to you acknowledging your request. You take that with you to court.

My G.. all i am sayin is.. a nikka cant jus go to them courts and say.. i cant pay this :to:

cuz they goin say yes you can :umad:

it takes ALOT for them to reduce fam.. thats what i am sayin