What's the point of jailing a man who cannot pay child support?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
One of my boys lost his job 3 months so basically he has been on hard times. Forced to move back in with his paps and everything.

Anyway he was making child support payments to his baby moms ($800) a month.

After he lost his job he can no longer afford to make those payments.

Family court told him to go fuck himself because they aint reducing the payments.

Baby moms took him to court for being 2 months late on child support and they have threatened him with Jail if he doesn't pay.

How does jailing him solves anything? Is putting the man in jail going to somehow make the $800 payments?

I don't get this twisted logic...please help me out.

Another reason why you will never catch me going inside any woman without a condom...its rough out there brehs

Shoulda strapped up

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I work in family court. They'll put you in jail from Friday at 7pm to Monday 5am. You lose your weekends

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
dont have children if you cant afford them...thats the penalty

:huhldup:

Many men can afford their children it's just gasp the outrageous child support payments compounded with rent or a mortgage taxes food etc.

Think about your life right now could you afford an extra 5-800 a month ?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:huhldup:

Many men can afford their children it's just gasp the outrageous child support payments compounded with rent or a mortgage taxes food etc.

Think about your life right now could you afford an extra 5-800 a month ?

There most def needs to be a sweeping reform in how child support is calculated and applied and enforced. There is also an epidemic of dead beats that keep breeding and ading to the problem...all while not doing shyt

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Its not that its just that he was messing with a hood rat with nothing to lose. Start messing with chicks that have a life/goals/aspirations and you wont have to worry about having to pay 800 a month.

he had a good job then.. paying 800 for 1 kid.. that means he was clearing like 2k a check.. and holding out :what:?

this is what I do and what i recommend all men do.. ya'll dont wanna put $$ in ya baby moms hands and HOPE she uses it on da seed..

Enroll your child in private school and add them to your insurance.. that way you KNOW where yo 800 going.. :manny:

but :scusthov: @ putting us in jail when we dont pay... where we CANT pay.. but if we was paying would we be in jail :leostare: feels like Inception support

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
He needs to get a modification ASAP. He can apply through the courts. I do agree putting someone in jail for non payment is stupid. The child support system needs to be redesigned.

:rudy: they dont give ZERO fukks breh...

the BABY moms.. thats who can get the shyt altered.. thats why nikkaz GOTTA have a relationship with they BM brehs

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

the BABY moms.. thats who can get the shyt altered.. thats why nikkaz GOTTA have a relationship with they BM brehs
I'm saying if dude lost his job and didn't communicate that to her, she is just going to look for her bread. He can fill out a change in income form himself.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

This is false. Like people been saying he has to go to court to report the change in income. Then it'll be reduced