What's the Max Length of Time You're Staying in a Relationship without a Proposal?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
marriage is a patriarchal institution, why would any black feminist want to engage in such oppression :mjlol:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
marriage is a patriarchal institution, why would any black feminist want to engage in such oppression :mjlol:
Aren't you all always whining about the divorce laws that are "heavily skewed in women's favor"? I'm also not a black feminist.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aren't you all always whining about the divorce laws that are "heavily skewed in women's favor"? I'm also not a black feminist.
oh, i'm sorry. "womanist", aka the same damn thing with a different label.

of course the laws are skewed in womens favor. that's why y'all are quick to sign up for PATRIARCHY when it benefits you.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
oh, i'm sorry. "womanist", aka the same damn thing with a different label.

of course the laws are skewed in womens favor. that's why y'all are quick to sign up for PATRIARCHY when it benefits you.
They aren't the same thing, but you know that already.
If the laws are skewed in our favor how can it be considered a patriarchal institution anymore? MArriage today is completely different than the marriage of the past that you are referring to.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They aren't the same thing, but you know that already.
If the laws are skewed in our favor how can it be considered a patriarchal institution anymore? MArriage today is completely different than the marriage of the past that you are referring to.

what's the difference between black feminist and womanist?

marriage is not different, and the same laws are on the books. patriarchy doesn't mean "benefits men only", patriarchy is an system/institution that protects and provides for women at the expense of male accountability.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
what's the difference between black feminist and womanist?

marriage is not different, and the same laws are on the books. patriarchy doesn't mean "benefits men only", patriarchy is an system/institution that protects and provides for women at the expense of male accountability.
How is marriage an institution that "provides for and protects women"? What if I provide for my husband? Am I not married. A black feminist is a a black woman who aligns herself with the ideals of white feminism, and a womanist is a black woman who thinks of feminism in terms of black women (and possibly WOC) only.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is marriage an institution that "provides for and protects women"? What if I provide for my husband? Am I not married. A black feminist is a a black woman who aligns herself with the ideals of white feminism, and a womanism is a black woman who thinks of feminism in terms of black women (and possible WOC) only.

'what if something that rarely happens, happens" :mjlol: how often are women providing for their husbands and not vice versa? you just acknowledged marriage benefits women over men. why else would you even want to get married after a certain period of dating?

"womanism is a black woman who thinks of feminism in terms of black women"

so basically womanism and black feminism is the exact same thing, got it.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
'what if something that rarely happens, happens" :mjlol: how often are women providing for their husbands and not vice versa? you just acknowledged marriage benefits women over men. why else would you even want to get married after a certain period of dating?

"womanism is a black woman who thinks of feminism in terms of black women"

so basically womanism and black feminism is the exact same thing, got it.
The number of women that are providing for their husbands is growing steadily, and it will be close to what will happen in my marriage. So, again will I not be married? I didn't acknowledge anything. I framed the idea of the supposed benefits as a figment of the male imagination. I didn't say they actually exist. People get married today because they love their partners, and they want to make a lifelong commitment to them.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The number of women that are providing for their husbands is growing steadily, and it will be close to what will happen in my marriage. So, again will I not be married? I didn't acknowledge anything. I framed the idea of the supposed benefits as a figment of the male imagination. I didn't say they actually exist. People get married today because they love their partners, and they want to make a lifelong commitment to them.

so that's why women constantly push for a patriarchal business contract? because they love their partners? :mjlol: if all these women wanted lifelong commitment, why are overwhelming the first ones to initiate divorce?

you still haven't explained all these stark differences between womanism and black feminism either.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
so that's why women constantly push for a patriarchal business contract? because they love their partners? :mjlol: if all these women wanted lifelong commitment, why are overwhelming the first ones to initiate divorce?

you still haven't explained all these stark differences between womanism and black feminism either.
There are many reasons that people initiate divorce. Infidelity being one of the top reasons. Yes, people get married today for love. Yes, I did. Black feminism exists in the sphere of white women and womanism doesn't.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
When I realized that I could live with him in a tent in the woods, that's when I knew he was the one... You've got to be able to love that person if everything (money, etc.) goes to shyt. If you can be happy with just y'all two and the sky overhead, you've got the right one.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When I realized that I could live with him in a tent in the woods, that's when I knew he was the one... You've got to be able to love that person if everything (money, etc.) goes to shyt. If you can be happy with just y'all two and the sky overhead, you've got the right one.
Are you talking about that new guy?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Yeah but what if you wanna kill him cause he didn't soak the pots in water. :leostare:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are many reasons that people initiate divorce. Infidelity being one of the top reasons. Yes, people get married today for love. Yes, I did. Black feminism exists in the sphere of white women and womanism doesn't.
that is not an explanation, its just empty rhetoric. black feminist constantly call out white feminist for their exclusion of black issues. that's the only reason y'all decided to rebrand the shyt as "womanism". there is literally NO ideological difference between the two groups.

women push men into marriage, get bored, withhold sex, then divorce the guy and ruin his life :mjlol: womanist/black feminist shouldn't even believe in marriage