What's the Max Length of Time You're Staying in a Relationship without a Proposal?

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
someone asked if i was joking :gurl::gurl:
no, it was real answer

some of y'all are on the methuselah plan :wtf:
probably spent 7 years on your 4 year degree
1 hour thinking about what you want for dinner

i mean, you can't rush things :whoa:
but you also can't just passively absorb life
you have to learn how to read intent and correctly predict the next outcome in a timely manner
no, you still won't bat 100%
:ufdup:but the ground changes under your feet if you spend too much time on analysis
(there is a tide, etc.)

if you are apathetic or against partnering up, that's one thing
but if you really want marriage, then treat it with the repect and priority it is due
line up with someone who feels the same way
no way it takes 2+ years from first date to wedding day

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on the people, but its a discussion that should be had, otherwise it ends up being just happening when one or the other person is ready.

IMO if a man or a woman can comfortably being with someone for over 2 years and not want to get married that signals that deep down they want to keep there options open or there are larger issue at hand that when they do come up, instead of trying to work on them together they'll just bust out since you know...they aren't married.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
@MoonGoddess what changed your mind/opened you up to the possibilities of taking that dive into marriage lady?
The fact that i can actually picture us old and grey together. The fact that when he brought it up my heart didn't stop and i didnt' feel like running for the hills lol. First person i ever been with that i see us making this last forever.
If i can see that then i guess marriage isnt to far a stretch for us. :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that i can actually picture us old and grey together. The fact that when he brought it up my heart didn't stop and i didnt' feel like running for the hills lol. First person i ever been with that i see us making this last forever.

That's how it should feel

:salute:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
no way it takes 2+ years from first date to wedding day

exactly, every married man I have ever asked has said they've known within a year that they were going to marry their wives. My sister's husband said he knew he wanted to marry her after knowing her for two months and they weren't even dating. :heh: My fiance said he wanted to marry me after 6 months. I'm always like :wtb: when guys say they need 5+ years like wtf, how are we together for 2 years but you still don't know if you really want to be with me yet? :what:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps

:wow:Dope ish right there. Can feel the positive vibes right there. I pray for yall success.

Frenchie

Banned
Daps
Homie won :mjcry:
He a legend for cuffin u

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
My friend and I started discussing this after seeing one of the opening scenes in a movie where a woman was complaining that her boyfriend hadn't proposed yet. I think 3 years is my max. After that I'm dipping. My friend said 1.5 years was her absolute max. :huhldup: What's yours?

YOU would date A MAN??? :ohmy:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Another reason I ain't wearing dat tux :mjcry: nobody can do the time

Sure you'd like to say 3 years but I've known people in school that were together that long and now they aren't. 3 years as an adult? Time be flying. I (used to :birdman: ) fall easy but people change.

I'm my father's child :manny:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Another reason I ain't wearing dat tux :mjcry: nobody can do the time

Sure you'd like to say 3 years but I've known people in school that were together that long and now they aren't. 3 years as an adult? Time be flying. I (used to :birdman: ) fall easy but people change.

I'm my father's child :manny:
Get strung along brehettes.