What's the Max Length of Time You're Staying in a Relationship without a Proposal?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I got married a year after our first date.

I've been married for 8 years and I look forward to at least 82 more.

I love my girl..... but hell naw

congrats on your marriage though

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Hard to say because it depends on the dynamics of the relationship. I would say if you have a great relationship, you spend tons of time together, you rarely argue than 3 yrs sounds a bit right to get married. The max would be 5 yrs.

I actually don't see the benefits of marrying someone after only knowing them for like 6mos-yr. some people don't even start showing their ass until 2 yrs in. I mean this is supposed to be the person you are with for the rest of your life.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I used to think years, the longer the better. Not dating necessarily but knowing the person.

But to be honest I think you probably know after the first 5 seconds of meeting them if you want them and after the first few conversations if you're compatible.

Anything after that is trying to find fault and reasons why you shouldn't be committing to them which means they're not the person for you.

Sexual compatability is a 21st century requirement. People have been getting married for eons without knowing and have made it work.