What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
He's saying exactly what I said. I got a feeling this is gonma age better and nikkas hating on this are crazy. This is easily second after euphoria, but if certain things happen then it's automatically top 3 diss songs.
It's not gonna age anything because Drake stans are the only people who still listen to this shyt and try to get it popping again every month but get laughed at :mjlol: if anything, yall are making it get dismissed faster

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro really forced a 2.5 hour long breakdown cause of how much ovo-hoes pressed him and cried about the previous Kendrick ones :dead:

He said nikka 37 times cause he is 37 years old and to show he’s indeed born black! :troll:

That about sums up what it’s like trying to force a breakdown on fraudrey bars :mjlol:

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
I revisted Scary Hours 3 after watching this and it really put the beef into perspective. Most of the subliminals on the EP were definitely aimed towards Kendrick, and it foretold everyone switching up on him which he knew would eventually happen. Even though I still think Drake lost the battle I look at him in a different light given that he really blessed everyone who is now dissing him...even when some of them (i.e. Kendrick) never really like him in the first place

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
not acknowledging drake's flips and rebuttals throughout the battle is a dead giveaway that you're not dealing with someone prepared to discuss things in good faith
It was what made the battle wack. When Nas and Jay battled. nikkas discussed bars on both ends. Same with Beans vs Kiss.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
not acknowledging drake's flips and rebuttals throughout the battle is a dead giveaway that you're not dealing with someone prepared to discuss things in good faith
Because the battle is over and Kendrick won. If Drake's accusations are proven to be true we can come back and give him his props

The beef at this point had gone far beyond bar flips and had essentially become a mud flinging competition. Which of these guys was better at painting the other as the bigger POS and if we're being honest it was Kendrick.

Nas beat Jay because he was able to convince the audience that Jay was a snake that stole BIG's lines, rode other rappers coat tails to get to the top and was an ugly, insecure woman hater

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
I am def not wasting time on this breakdown. Most of the shyt was surface level bop anyways.

Like I said before, only the second verse is the best thing.

:mjlol:

What’s actually crazy is that Taylor Made had more bars towards Kendrick than Family Matters; going at his fake gang’ persona, the swifties and shytting on pgLang as a company. And I liked it.

But like a coward, he hid behind AI Tupac and Snoop with those bars

Wrong tactics all the way through

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Simple and to the point 👌🏽

The way it almost broke your brain during the beef was hilarious though :dead:

And dot could've easily flipped that "prince to a king" line but didn't lean into it directly for some reason

Cause I see the obvious so I'm sure he does :manny:
"What's a Prince to a King he a son nikka" was a dope line as well. Cause a Prince to a King is a son. But MJ's son's name is Prince Jackson. Lol. Drake was flipping the fukk outta lines during this battle and regardless who won it would've been way more entertaining if it wasn't so much dikkriding to the point nikkas couldn't even appreciate it.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Because the battle is over and Kendrick won. If Drake's accusations are proven to be true we can come back and give him his props

The beef at this point had gone far beyond bar flips and had essentially become a mud flinging competition. Which of these guys was better at painting the other as the bigger POS and if we're being honest it was Kendrick.

Nas beat Jay because he was able to convince the audience that Jay was a snake that stole BIG's lines, rode other rappers coat tails to get to the top and was an ugly, insecure woman hater
Nas won because he smoked Jay's boots. Jay was the one who put a bunch of opinions in his diss that followed Nas for years after I might add. But the difference between that and this is that. Jay and Nas had enough interactions and mutual connections to really air shyt out from first hand experience. This Drake and Kendrick shyt was just a bunch of throwing rumors out there to see which one sticks. It was just mad gossipy and girly imo. Drake ain't never seen Kendrick lay a hand on a woman let alone his fiance and he don't even know Dave Free. He just made that shyt up. Kendrick out here making up 11 year old children and all kinda shyt. No proof no nothing. nikka won off having the catchiest song in the battle. shyt was underwhelming from a bars aspect because these nikkas ain't know eachother enough to make the gossip shyt stick with me.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
"What's a Prince to a King he a son nikka" was a dope line as well. Cause a Prince to a King is a son. But MJ's son's name is Prince Jackson. Lol. Drake was flipping the fukk outta lines during this battle and regardless who won it would've been way more entertaining if it wasn't so much dikkriding to the point nikkas couldn't even appreciate it.

what are other lines that he flipped that were that dope?

people were able to appreciate the music. Its just that people preferred one side more than the other. Its really that simple.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
But his daddy a Prince. He the son of the son of that nikka :heh:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Nas won because he smoked Jay's boots. Jay was the one who put a bunch of opinions in his diss that followed Nas for years after I might add. But the difference between that and this is that. Jay and Nas had enough interactions and mutual connections to really air shyt out from first hand experience. This Drake and Kendrick shyt was just a bunch of throwing rumors out there to see which one sticks. It was just mad gossipy and girly imo. Drake ain't never seen Kendrick lay a hand on a woman let alone his fiance and he don't even know Dave Free. He just made that shyt up. Kendrick out here making up 11 year old children and all kinda shyt. No proof no nothing. nikka won off having the catchiest song in the battle. shyt was underwhelming from a bars aspect because these nikkas ain't know eachother enough to make the gossip shyt stick with me.
Dude, you're saying a bunch of nothing again. I don't care what you think, I'm talking about the general audience. Folks crowned Kendrick the winner when meet the grahams dropped.

I don't know who lied or who told the truth, but Kendrick was more convincing to the general audience. He was able to paint the most effective picture. None of these guys were trying to out-bar each other at this point. They were mudslinging.

And by the way, Kendrick and Drake were actually "cordial" at one point and even worked with each other. Nas and Jay always had a cold relationship and only worked together after the beef. Kendrick and Drake also have mutual connections. So again you're saying a bunch of nothing

Last edited:

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude, you're saying a bunch of nothing again. I don't care what you think, I'm talking about the general audience. Folks crowned Kendrick the winner when meet the grahams dropped.

I don't know who lied or who told the truth, but Kendrick was more convincing to the general audience. He was able to paint the most effective picture. None of these guys were trying to out-bar each other at this point. They were mudslinging.

Kendrick and Drake were actually "cordial" at one point and even worked with each other. Nas and Jay always had a cold relationship and only worked together after the beef. Kendrick and Drake also have mutual connections. So again you're saying a bunch of nothing
I don’t think anyone disagrees that Kendrick won. (I hope not anyway.) As hip hop heads we can still debate who won lyrically. Nas beat Jay by popular opinion but we still debated who won lyrically. The problem with this battle is it’s very hard to find people who aren’t bias and judge it objectively. As much as What’s the dirt reaches at least he’s giving props to both guys. He also by the way said Kendrick won. I have no issue if someone thinks Kendrick won lyrically. I thought it was a close battle that should be fun to debate. The landslide talk to me is where it feels there’s bias. I’ve seen folks say the top 4 songs in the battle are all from Kendrick. :beli: