What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it's my favorite. It was the diss where he was TALKING to that nikka and just breaking him all the way down. He wasn't rapping to him, he was talking to him. Holding that mirror up on him and breaking him all the way down and telling him that lifestyle he things is so amazing is him overcompensating. It's my favorite diss ever.
MTG was nasty.

recap moments when you didn't fit in
No secret handshakes with your friend
No cultural cachet to binge, just disrespectin' your mother
Identity's on the fence, don't know which family will love ya
The skin that you livin' in is compromised in personas
Can't channel your masculine even when standin' next to a woman

That shyt was filthy :whew:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Imagine saying this proudly. You're 100% bias if you think the 3rd verse is trash.

but some of ya'll still hype up the flop of a response meet the grahams was.
You can't call Meet the Grahams a flop but then also blame it for Family Matters becoming a footnote. Those are literally contradictory thoughts :mjlol:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Meet the Grahams was on the Billboard 100 for 4 weeks.

Family Matters 6 weeks.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mother I sober angle doesn't work because he misenterpated the song, so it's literally a miss

You know what the funny thing is with Drake? Let's say we gave him the benefit of the doubt and he did indeed plant fake information about a daughter.

At the end of it all it didn't matter because Drake being a dead beat dad was the tamest of the accusations Kendrick made on Meet the Grahams

I can imagine Drake and his buddy's rubbing their hands together thinking they got Kendrick in a trap only to realise, Kendrick had effectly painted Drake as:
  • Sex predator
  • Gambling Addict
  • Pill popper passport bro that goes to Turks and pays for sex
  • Petter Pan Syndrome
  • Endangers the lively hood of his child by allowing known predators around him
By the time Kendrick was finished, the daughter shyt was a foot note.

If what you said is true then they must have been pissed because that was NOT how it was supposed to go :russ:
I don’t think Drake missed at all. I think he intetionally misinterpreted Mother I Sober and was delibretely trolling Kendrick to provoke both him and his fans. If that was his goal, it worked—Kendrick’s fans were defintely pissed.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I don’t think Drake missed at all. I think he intetionally misinterpreted Mother I Sober and was delibretely trolling Kendrick to provoke both him and his fans. If that was his goal, it worked—Kendrick’s fans were defintely pissed.
Well It's gone down as one of the worst responses in beef history.

But like you said maybe he wanted to self sabotage and troll on his way out :russ:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Supporting Drake was his mistake :mjlol:

But everybody including the Coli loved his video and sunglasses his praises for 616 in LA

he literally just said in a video on twitter he was reaching for the sun when he brokedown 616 in la too

It's my favorite song from the beef, but everyone with the kendrick was rapping from drakes perspective should've known that was bs i wander will they chance their minds now that he admitted he was reaching

but i see people have a problem with him counting the nwords? i don't know what's with that

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
He is definitely equipped for these breakdowns. the problem is that with tbis specific video it wasnt necessary to have a breakdown over 2 hours for a song that isnt very layered. there are moments that had me :ohhh: like the breakdown of the 3rd verse

but other than that it was reaching or just very “no shyt thats what it means:comeon:

as for him on twitter idk what is going on other than what buddy tagged me in a few posts above

Agreed. All his other vids was were well done. This one just come off as really sloppy.