What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think WTD is a bad dude, as of now he is not equipped to do these kind of breakdowns. It's interesting how some content creators get positioned as authority figures when they have no more skill or knowledge than the general public on a topic.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
I don't think WTD is a bad dude, as of now he is not equipped to do these kind of breakdowns. It's interesting how some content creators get positioned as authority figures when they have no more skill or knowledge than the general public on a topic.

He is definitely equipped for these breakdowns. the problem is that with tbis specific video it wasnt necessary to have a breakdown over 2 hours for a song that isnt very layered. there are moments that had me :ohhh: like the breakdown of the 3rd verse

but other than that it was reaching or just very “no shyt thats what it means:comeon:

as for him on twitter idk what is going on other than what buddy tagged me in a few posts above

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
This is drake fan reframing(not saying that’s you) that said they can’t prove the daughter so the song sucks. There’s 3 whole verses of ether that have nothing to do with that. There’s a reason that song charted longer than family matters, or charted at all with an older hip hop beat.
Kendrick unanimously won (minus Drake Stanleys opinions) and a lot of people went back and re-ran his tracks for weeks after, and his old music. Winners rightfully deserve to feast after the W. But MTG was easily the worst of his disses IMO, even if you nix the verse talking to the fictitious daughter :manny:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
you can tell this ruffled some feathers since there’s more discussion about the messenger than the messages he spoke on during the breakdown

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

Daps
Kendrick unanimously won (minus Drake Stanleys opinions) and a lot of people went back and re-ran his tracks for weeks after, and his old music. Winners rightfully deserve to feast after the W. But MTG was easily the worst of his disses IMO, even if you nix the verse talking to the fictitious daughter :manny:

go back and listen to that track:sas2:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And it’s my favorite :hubie: fukk a rap battle, this a long life battle with yourself is the most stinging quote from this, because it’s true. His ego and sensitivity caused everything.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
And it’s my favorite :hubie: fukk a rap battle, this a long life battle with yourself is the most stinging quote from this, because it’s true. His ego and sensitivity caused everything.
Yeah it's my favorite. It was the diss where he was TALKING to that nikka and just breaking him all the way down. He wasn't rapping to him, he was talking to him. Holding that mirror up on him and breaking him all the way down and telling him that lifestyle he things is so amazing is him overcompensating. It's my favorite diss ever.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

Daps
Yeah it's my favorite. It was the diss where he was TALKING to that nikka and just breaking him all the way down. He wasn't rapping to him, he was talking to him. Holding that mirror up on him and breaking him all the way down and telling him that lifestyle he things is so amazing is him overcompensating. It's my favorite diss ever.

Favorite diss ever?:leon:

its easily a top 3 contender

the delivery in some of the lines

the disgust in his voice

but to me what makes this diss even better is the simple little details that he adds in the verses

- the little throat clearing gesture when he tells his mom about why he doesnt like him
- the stopping of the beat when he says “and a fukking deadbeat…” especially when he finished it off with “meet the grahams:yes:
-but the nastiest:picard: part of this entire diss and maybe the entire battle is the background vocals when he says “you lied”. I still get chills:wow:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
This is drake fan reframing(not saying that’s you) that said they can’t prove the daughter so the song sucks. There’s 3 whole verses of ether that have nothing to do with that. There’s a reason that song charted longer than family matters, or charted at all with an older hip hop beat.

That song didn't chart longer than family matters. Family Matters charted for 6. MTG for 4. But yeah yeah, Drake fan reframing

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
That song didn't chart longer than family matters. Family Matters charted for 6. MTG for 4. But yeah yeah, Drake fan reframing
no way you looked this up just to lie? Meet the grahams peaked at 6 and last 6 weeks and family matters peaked at 7 for 6 weeks. :what: