What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
he literally just said in a video on twitter he was reaching for the sun when he brokedown 616 in la too

It's my favorite song from the beef, but everyone with the kendrick was rapping from drakes perspective should've known that was bs i wander will they chance their minds now that he admitted he was reaching

but i see people have a problem with him counting the nwords? i don't know what's with that

"37 times for being 37 years old and black every year" is some shyt only a cac could come up with :laff:

People already broke it down easily that he said it heavily in family matters as a response to Kenny saying it was cringe and he don't wanna hear him saying it anymore

This dude is doing too much lol.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"37 times for being 37 years old and black every year" is some shyt only a cac could come up with :laff:

People already broke it down easily that he said it heavily in family matters as a response to Kenny saying it was cringe and he don't wanna hear him saying it anymore

This dude is doing too much lol.

.that's hilarious hahahaha

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
He called Kendrick a woman beater in the vid?
No. He specifically framed it that way and fed into the debunked Mediafakeout story, but waved it away by saying "it's not enough evidence to put that jacket in him :manny:"

It's clear he believes it but doesn't wanna put his neck out there to get sued

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, the reason the "6:16" breakdown was better received was because there was no expectations. I don't even think dude's videos were ever posted on here prior to that.

"FM" on the other hand, people on social media (and even a few here) let their imaginations run wild. Talking about, what if What's The Dirt has a police report proving the DV accusation. Or an interview with an ex-girl friend Kendrick allegedly beat.

Based on nothing, mind you.

It's like people forgot dude is just a guy that breaks down lyrics for YouTube views. He's not an investigative reporter. He's not Barbara Walters. This was never going to live up to the hype leading up to it.

Fred.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Anyway, the reason the "6:16" breakdown was better received was because there was no expectations. I don't even think dude's videos were ever posted on here prior to that.

"FM" on the other hand, people on social media (and even a few here) let their imaginations run wild. Talking about, what if What's The Dirt has a police report proving the DV accusation. Or an interview with an ex-girl friend Kendrick allegedly beat.

It's like people forgot dude is just a guy that breaks down lyrics for YouTube views. He's not an investigative reporter. He's not Barbara Walters. This was never going to live up to the hype leading up to it.

Fred.

Yeah, he's in a lose lose situation because both sides are now expecting him to find some insane revelations. I can see his MTG video going through the same thing with both sides.

His not like us video should at least be entertaining/interesting with all the visual references

I could have sworn he said he was doing these back to back and that explains the wait because idk if he can sustain this until January at this rate

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
He says he knows Company Man doesn't say the "N" word because he's a "Carlton"
Dude almost went full mask off:mjpls:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Fred.
I actually like most of his videos, even it's not that special, especially if you grow up in this. But it's entertaining for what they are. I remember watching his Mobb Deep/2Pac video breakdown. He even used a post in the TheColi as a source in that video.

My biggest issue with this one was he's usually well researched, and even when he reached in the past, you can see how he got to that theory. It was typically backed by some evidence. With this, in a lot of these, it felt like he didn't like the backlash he got from Drake fans, being he's from Toronto, and tried to over correct and fished for more layers that weren't there. Kendrick wrote incredibly cryptically on 6:16 so it required an in depth breakdown of meanings for some of the bars. Relatively speaking, Family Matters was pretty straight forward. There were not many hidden messages or depth to the bars. It was just a dope ass diss record. By him trying to appear not bias, he came off as someone reaching for meaning behind things and just accepting things Drake said at face value, with very minimal evidence to back up the claims.