What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
Cause for some of these simple minded MFs simply flipping a line gets you credit, doesn't matter if the flip is actually good like that wack A minor to D Major flip.

These the same ones saying Drake won for having better punchlines and that Kendrick didn't have many.

that b sharp line is fukking terrible

forced af

ill never forget when that song dropped and people were really acting like drake did something crazy with that line:comeon:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
that b sharp line is fukking terrible

forced af

ill never forget when that song dropped and people were really acting like drake did something crazy with that line:comeon:
To me a good flip is taking the line/concept and flipping it back towards the person you're battling or to big up yourself. Not just taking the line and flipping it to flip it without turning it back. Like the MJ/Prince flip was fire in Family Matters and he flipped it back on Kendrick. Or how Kendrick took "you rapping like you trying to get the slaves freed" into Drake being a colonizer on Not Like Us.

But taking someone saying you're fukking with A Minor into saying D Major was not saying shyt and flipping just to flip.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Hell both the fools have been taking shots at each other, but shyt went into overdrive after Control honestly.

shyt if he takes the same time he did with FM, MtG breakdown ain't coming til January at the earliest damn near.

Although dropping it near the SuperBowl would be a interesting move :patrice:
I don't think it'll take near as long because with Family Matters he was breaking down Buried, Alive, Family Matters lyrics, as well as the video for it. Plus Meet The Grahams is a lot easier to breakdown since it was a pretty straightforward diss. Wasn't as cryptic or have as many subs I don't believe as Euphoria or 6:16 in LA.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Looks like that WTD dude is crashing out on Twitter about people shytting on the FM vid
Knew that was coming. He knew he was on some bullshyt which is why he was so defensive in the FM breakdown. He was already arguing against strawmen during the video breakdown so he knew the heat was coming. He did way more reaching on this video than some of the others to try and make the diss seem more potent than it was.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not really gonan hate too much on him but i think what i am seeing here is someone who is used to living hip hop through the internet yet is trying to put himself in a position where he believes he dictates culture. People liked him for his unbiased deep dives which seemed quite neutral. However he is being more editorial now, which is weirdly coming across as him overstepping boundaries into places he doesn't know how to handle. The way he responds is very reddit cac style too, calling people snakes, and "shyt was foul", "i dont care im saying my opinion no matter what"... which is fine, but he is showing his immaturity here, and whilst this is entertainment, some of these topics are complex, nuanced and do require some stocism so he maintains his credibility. He basically exposing himself. Company Man yes had a clickbait title calling the video awful but he wasn't rude and was fairly respectful.

This sums him up sadly

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I don't think it'll take near as long because with Family Matters he was breaking down Buried, Alive, Family Matters lyrics, as well as the video for it. Plus Meet The Grahams is a lot easier to breakdown since it was a pretty straightforward diss. Wasn't as cryptic or have as many subs I don't believe as Euphoria or 6:16 in LA.
That's true, but at the same time with how OCD dude is, he may get hyper fixated and try to dig deep, or say fukk everybody and half ass some shyt lol.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

His response is very :mjpls:

He's having the typical white boy crash out. Where at first they realize they are visitors to a culture and move as such. At a certain point they go overboard trying to nerd out and prove how "they do this hip-hop shyt for real". Then eventually they get to the point they start thinking they are more hip-hop than everybody else and start talking down to anyone who dares question them.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis

Not really gonan hate too much on him but i think what i am seeing here is someone who is used to living hip hop through the internet yet is trying to put himself in a position where he believes he dictates culture. People liked him for his unbiased deep dives which seemed quite neutral. However he is being more editorial now, which is weirdly coming across as him overstepping boundaries into places he doesn't know how to handle. The way he responds is very reddit cac style too, calling people snakes, and "shyt was foul", "i dont care im saying my opinion no matter what"... which is fine, but he is showing his immaturity here, and whilst this is entertainment, some of these topics are complex, nuanced and do require some stocism so he maintains his credibility. He basically exposing himself. Company Man yes had a clickbait title calling the video awful but he wasn't rude and was fairly respectful.

This sums him up sadly

@2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This sums him up sadly

"I can tell."

:what: Cracker done lost his damn mind.

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
He better be quick with that Meet The Grahams analysis that insinuate that Drake is a weird sexual deviant. If he's gonna double down and call Kendrick a woman beater, put that same energy for Drake.

i expected his mtg video breakdown to drop 20 minutes after his family matters breakdown:troll:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Meet the grahams was the best character breakdown in the whole battle. It was received well and far from a flop. It alone killed family matters. Not like us was mad unexpected.

Stop it slime. Euphoria set the stage but NLU did all the work, MTG was immediately :francis: because the daughter didn't/don't exist. The entire conversation that night was does he have another hidden kid :lupe: ? But he didn't so Dot stepped on himself with NLU to save face...
And won the battle while doing so :ehh:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Stop it slime. Euphoria set the stage but NLU did all the work, MTG was immediately :francis: because the daughter didn't/don't exist. The entire conversation that night was does he have another hidden kid :lupe: ? But he didn't so Dot stepped on himself with NLU to save face...
And won the battle while doing so :ehh:
This is drake fan reframing(not saying that’s you) that said they can’t prove the daughter so the song sucks. There’s 3 whole verses of ether that have nothing to do with that. There’s a reason that song charted longer than family matters, or charted at all with an older hip hop beat.