What's The Dirt - Drake's Family Matters Diss Actually Explained

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
You pointed out the mistakes :russ: . That’s why it’s not a great track. The fed you the information was an effective rebuttal because there is no daughter. Doesn’t need proof. He’s saying his great reveal was not only false but the info came from him. True or not it’s an effective rebuttal and people would love it if the roles were reversed. The A minor bar on Not Like Us. He flipped it. His entire pedo angle he flipped with the mother I sober angle. I know he didn’t nail it perfectly but it still hit. The R Kelly bar also is flipping the pedo angle. Drake is saying some shyt on that track. He just made mistakes. He should’ve sat with that track for a few days before putting it out. I bet he would’ve cut some stuff out and it would’ve been better.
This is another fantastic poster with great knowledge of Hip hop :banderas::ohlawd:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
You pointed out the mistakes :russ: . That’s why it’s not a great track. The fed you the information was an effective rebuttal because there is no daughter. Doesn’t need proof. He’s saying his great reveal was not only false but the info came from him. True or not it’s an effective rebuttal and people would love it if the roles were reversed. The A minor bar on Not Like Us. He flipped it. His entire pedo angle he flipped with the mother I sober angle. I know he didn’t nail it perfectly but it still hit. The R Kelly bar also is flipping the pedo angle. Drake is saying some shyt on that track. He just made mistakes. He should’ve sat with that track for a few days before putting it out. I bet he would’ve cut some stuff out and it would’ve been better.
The mother I sober angle doesn't work because he misenterpated the song, so it's literally a miss

You know what the funny thing is with Drake? Let's say we gave him the benefit of the doubt and he did indeed plant fake information about a daughter.

At the end of it all it didn't matter because Drake being a dead beat dad was the tamest of the accusations Kendrick made on Meet the Grahams

I can imagine Drake and his buddy's rubbing their hands together thinking they got Kendrick in a trap only to realise, Kendrick had effectly painted Drake as:
  • Sex predator
  • Gambling Addict
  • Pill popper passport bro that goes to Turks and pays for sex
  • Petter Pan Syndrome
  • Endangers the lively hood of his child by allowing known predators around him
By the time Kendrick was finished, the daughter shyt was a foot note.

If what you said is true then they must have been pissed because that was NOT how it was supposed to go :russ:

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The mother I sober angle doesn't work because he misenterpated the song, so it's literally a miss

You know what the funny thing is with Drake? Let's say we gave him the benefit of the doubt and he did indeed plant fake information about a daughter.

At the end of it all it didn't matter because Drake being a dead beat dad was the tamest of the accusations Kendrick made on Meet the Grahams

I can imagine Drake and his buddy's rubbing their hands together thinking they got Kendrick in a trap only to realise, Kendrick had effectly painted Drake as:
  • Sex predator
  • Gambling Addict
  • Pill popper passport bro that goes to Turks and pays for sex
  • Petter Pan Syndrome
  • Endangers the lively hood of his child by allowing known predators around him
By the time Kendrick was finished, the daughter shyt was a foot note.

If what you said is true then they must have been pissed because that was NOT how it was supposed to go :russ:
I still can’t call it a complete miss. He took it out of context and ran with it. The main point is that Kendrick has past trauma in his life and that’s where the energy is coming from. The angle was sick he just didn’t quite stick the landing

I agree about Meet the Grahams. Even with the daughter thing it’s still a crazy diss record for the reasons you said. The angle he took was as nasty and personal as it gets. I don’t think the daughter thing was a footnote though. It’s the thing everyone was talking about after the track came out. So it being false did take some steam out of the track. It has to, he has an entire verse about a person who doesn’t exist. That’s a huge blunder. I wish he took that out cause the other 3 verses are deadly.

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Kendrick and Drake were actually "cordial" at one point and even worked with each other. Nas and Jay always had a cold relationship and only worked together after the beef. Kendrick and Drake also have mutual connections.
Their mutual partnership changed when Drake tried to put Kendrick on blast multiple times and dismiss his career as a rapper. They are not cool personally at all. Many people who are connected with both rappers had to pick a side.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Imagine saying this proudly. You're 100% bias if you think the 3rd verse is trash.

but some of ya'll still hype up the flop of a response meet the grahams was.
3rd verse was good
But I don’t listen to that shyt again as I feel they aged poorly plus dude is singing almost

I still bump 2nd verse now more than other songs during this battle though

:hubie:

Family matter (2nd verse)
6:16/Euphoria
Pushups
Taylor Made

Last edited:

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Imagine saying this proudly. You're 100% bias if you think the 3rd verse is trash.

but some of ya'll still hype up the flop of a response meet the grahams was.
The 3rd wasn't trash, however I would argue that he sung rather than rapped on a diss track.
Wasn't very cool to disrespect Michael Jackson though. MJ still had his complexion during Thriller and he was a commercial success. He didn't change his features to be white.

But you gotta agree the 1st verse was ass. Come on, now...

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
what are other lines that he flipped that were that dope?

people were able to appreciate the music. Its just that people preferred one side more than the other. Its really that simple.
Imo, it seemed like people had a preconceived notion of who is better due to Drake having ghostwriters (the whole, "this is dope... who wrote this:wow:" type posts on here and twitter that were really insults) and several other scandals prior to the battle even beginning.

I think that MTG is the best diss in the beef, with FM being the best song and 2nd best diss.

That last verse of NLU didn't really make sense to me because Drake was working with Atlanta artists when he was already established when it did nothing for his career (Tony Montana remix, Versace remix, etc.) Saying that he worked with them kats to leach off of them is disingenuous and a straight lie.