What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Neo would have been different definately as Will has charisma and Keanu doesn’t have any and is pretty wooden. Will charisma would have been injected into the character but the movie would still have been dope.

Dope yeah but Neo just would've been a different character. Will said at the time he wasn't ready to play a character who didn't know it all or have it all figured out. Keanu is perfect for that. Not a diss to him but he knows how to play someone who is learning as he goes along and figuring things out on the fly. Will would've played him too cocksure and not with that doe eyed wonder

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I don't think it is a shame. Putting people on a pedestal because they can sing and act is pretty dumb. The profession needed to get knocked down a few pegs.
I hear what you’re saying but it’s not so much putting them on a pedestal, it’s the fact the art of acting is longer respected when they put any Tom, dikk and Harry in a film because of how many YouTube subscribers they have.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I hear what you’re saying but it’s not so much putting them on a pedestal, it’s the fact the art of acting is longer respected when they put any Tom, dikk and Harry in a film because of how many YouTube subscribers they have.

Who are you talking about? I don't think I've encountered a youtube celebrity in a movie ever.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Imagine how he would be viewed had he done the Matrix or Django. I still will watch anything he puts out but I wish he chose better movies/scripts throughout his career. Gonna watch Bright tonight, hope its good.

Matrix wouldn't have changed anything. It would have been just another Enemy of The State.

Django kills his brand.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
His big blockbusters like Suicide Squad still make bank. It’s his smaller “Oscar” type movies that the critics savage that he can’t carry to box office gold anymore.

If you look at his upcoming slate of movies he’s back to blockbusters. Bright is Netflix’s most expensive budgeted film. He’s doing the voice of the Genie in Disney’s live action Aladdin, which if it’s even half as good as Beauty and The Beast will do HUGE numbers and he’s signed on to be in Suicide Squad 2.

The ONLY thing I’m mad about is that they axed Bad Boys 3:mjcry: other than that Will Smith is still one of the last true movie stars on the planet.

What?:gucci: I thought they was going through with BB3?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will was never loved by critics you dumbasses :heh:

Will Smith

Only Men In Black was really critically acclaimed

Six Degrees Of Separation
Men In Black
Ali
Pursuit Of Happyness

Are his “critically acclaimed” films

I Am Legend
Hancock
Focus
Concussion

Are his “Critics were lukewarm on the movie but praised his overall performance” films

Everything else ranged from “this is complete trash” to “it’s a fun dumb summer blockbusters so whatever” when it came to critics. Of course audiences loved ID4 and Bad Boys.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Dope yeah but Neo just would've been a different character. Will said at the time he wasn't ready to play a character who didn't know it all or have it all figured out. Keanu is perfect for that. Not a diss to him but he knows how to play someone who is learning as he goes along and figuring things out on the fly. Will would've played him too cocksure and not with that doe eyed wonder

I agree without a doubt.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Let's examine that breh:

Bad Boys was no critical darling. Independence Day wasn't a critical darling. It was a big hit movie. Men in Black was a critical darling and a hit so point there. Enemy of the State was also fondly received. Then you get Wild Wild West, which was a bomb all the way around. Ali got a tepid response critically. Men in Black 2 got shytted on. Bad Boys 2 was a hit but also got shytted on but was a hit, I Robot got a tepid response critically ( I love it tho)Hitch got a tepid response but also made a ton of money.

Pursuit of Hapyness obviously did its thing, I Am Legend a good response and made a lot of money in the process, Hancock got shytted on, seven pounds got shytted on, and the best thing people said about men in black 3 was, "at least it isn't men in black 2" and then we've got suicide squad, collateral beauty, focus, and concussion. From a critical standpoint, Will's been hit or miss since his career started. But since they always did huge box office and were crowd pleasers, shyt really didn't matter. He's never been that dude critically, even if his performances are rarely knocked.
The OP is a college age poster. He's probably too young to realize that Will Smith's blockbuster hits from the 90's & 2000's had mixed critical reception.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Six Degrees Of Separation
Men In Black
Ali
Pursuit Of Happyness

Are his “critically acclaimed” films

I Am Legend
Hancock
Focus
Concussion

Are his “Critics were lukewarm on the movie but praised his overall performance” films

Everything else ranged from “this is complete trash” to “it’s a fun dumb summer blockbusters so whatever” when it came to critics. Of course audiences loved ID4 and Bad Boys.
6 lbs?