What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Breh,...
If will and pacino/deniro/sorcese are on Netflix. After star wars that truly shows the move to the digital romance era being even closer to taking over. As the draw for blockbusters and the ideal of going to a movie theatre will start to wane.
Star wars being low quality is the beginning what will be the hermit digital era. Where motherfukkers stay in the house a slave to a digital chemical romance. As there is nuffin of value to warrant a consumer leaving their place of residence. Star wars being so low quality shows. These corporations have no idea how to ramp in draw, develop a draw, reverse engineer a draw via spread sheet profitability. Nor how to create an original blockbuster property based draw. The shyt dead after this.

The amount of star wars ahit still on the shelf going into and after this movie is gonna be et on Atari level of shelf sitting and later burial. This shyt could bring on the fall of shyt like, it is a call back to the fall of video games. That is how fukked up this shyt is now.

Art Barr

I do think movies made under a 50 million dollar budget will be Netflix/Amazon exclusively very soon. They'll still make flashy CGI flicks for theaters but the writing is on the wall.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
Besides DiCaprio and Dwayne Johnson no one goes to see movies because of any one actor anymore. It's other stuff, Beauty and the Beast, Despicable Me 3, The Last Jedi are the top grossing movies this year for every other reason than the headlining actor.
All those actors would get offered roles in big movies before Will Smith nowadays. Especially some Oscar bait shyt.

No one really goes to see the rock alone. He has to have an ensemble to pull it off which is ok
Leo has great acting chops and good scripts to choose from.

The rest are all either remakes or non original roles. Very few original work makes money tbh due to studio risking funds.

Will Smith is ok and will be bankable for a while

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Ahhh..got cha.

I blame after earth..it was the biggest mistake of his career and he hasn't been right since. I think that movie being such a failure critically and commercially shook him.

He started trying chasing Oscars as well in pandering ass roles.

I did like Focus personally.

The Matrix is his biggest mistake.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No one really goes to see the rock alone. He has to have an ensemble to pull it off which is ok
Leo has great acting chops and good scripts to choose from.

The rest are all either remakes or non original roles. Very few original work makes money tbh due to studio risking funds.

Will Smith is ok and will be bankable for a while
2 of the 3 top grossing movies are original not remakes and the remake is a twist in that it is a live action version of a cartoon.
Marvel movies, live action Disney movies, movies aimed at kids and Star Wars make the most bank. Most of them are original work.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
2 of the 3 top grossing movies are original not remakes and the remake is a twist in that it is a live action version of a cartoon.
Marvel movies, live action Disney movies, movies aimed at kids and Star Wars make the most bank. Most of them are original work.

Remake or a twist of an original means it not an original. It plays on the audience's emotional ties to the original animated or not... Well honestly there are few original pieces anyway. It's mostly adapted screenplays.

Hence the low risk by studios I alluded to earlier

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Remake or a twist of an original means it not an original. It plays on the audience's emotional ties to the original animated or not... Well honestly there are few original pieces anyway. It's mostly adapted screenplays.

Hence the low risk by studios I alluded to earlier
Star Wars, kid movies and Marvel movies don't fall into that category and they make the most bank. :yeshrug:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I seriously doubt the #metoo era lasts forever and it has actually helped him. Dudes were getting away with rape in some cases for decades while he was exonerated. In hindsight he will look better and likely get work again if he is still interested.

Hollywood loves a come back story.

SJWs are keeping their feet on the neck of the world it seems like :yeshrug:. I really don't see him striking it big at all, maybe becoming a mainstay in black films/tv.

Has Hollywood ever loved a minority comeback story :mjpls:? They loved washed up white junkies hitting the big time again though

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Imagine how he would be viewed had he done the Matrix or Django. I still will watch anything he puts out but I wish he chose better movies/scripts throughout his career. Gonna watch Bright tonight, hope its good.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
these old :flabbynsick: black actors need to get together and make a black biopic. like a high production value version of hoodlum or a frank mathews story.

reason being the new generation of black actors don't have enough respek on their name to get something like that bankrolled. once will, denzel, samuel l jackson etc go there's virtually no superstar black actors left.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The Matrix is his biggest mistake.

It wasn’t a mistake per say as no one could have predicted the success and praise that movie garned. Remember the matrix became a cult classic after its release as opposed to its cinema run. It would have been dope to have a main character black hero in a sci-fi film.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It wasn’t a mistake per say as no one could have predicted the success and praise that movie garned. Remember the matrix became a cult classic after its release as opposed to its cinema run. It would have been dope to have a main character black hero in a sci-fi film.

Also that movie would've been completely different with him as Neo instead of Keanu. I don't know if it would've been better or worse but definitely wouldn't have been the same movie

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
Let's examine that breh:

Bad Boys was no critical darling. Independence Day wasn't a critical darling. It was a big hit movie. Men in Black was a critical darling and a hit so point there. Enemy of the State was also fondly received. Then you get Wild Wild West, which was a bomb all the way around. Ali got a tepid response critically. Men in Black 2 got shytted on. Bad Boys 2 was a hit but also got shytted on but was a hit, I Robot got a tepid response critically ( I love it tho)Hitch got a tepid response but also made a ton of money.

Pursuit of Hapyness obviously did its thing, I Am Legend a good response and made a lot of money in the process, Hancock got shytted on, seven pounds got shytted on, and the best thing people said about men in black 3 was, "at least it isn't men in black 2" and then we've got suicide squad, collateral beauty, focus, and concussion. From a critical standpoint, Will's been hit or miss since his career started. But since they always did huge box office and were crowd pleasers, shyt really didn't matter. He's never been that dude critically, even if his performances are rarely knocked.
Wow. Well written.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Also that movie would've been completely different with him as Neo instead of Keanu. I don't know if it would've been better or worse but definitely wouldn't have been the same movie

Neo would have been different definately as Will has charisma and Keanu doesn’t have any and is pretty wooden. Will charisma would have been injected into the character but the movie would still have been dope.