What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Are there really? I don't see any real stars on the horizon just replaceable pieces.
Well, I think there are. They may not be able to get $100+ million by themselves but they'll still be household names (...eventually).

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
MBJ
Kaluuya
Donald Glover
Lakeith Stanfield
Zac Efron
Chris Pine
Andrew Garfield
Joseph Gordon Levitt
James McAvoy
Dane Dehaan
Margot Robbie
Jennifer Lawrence
Gal Gadot
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac
John Boyega
Domhnall Gleeson
Adam Driver

There’s probably more :yeshrug:

It’s not a super drastic overhaul, and veteran actors are still good. But Hollywood is currently going through a transition period.

All these people named are currently in big franchises, we’ve yet to see them be bankable outside of a franchise.

Out of the three major stars in the original Star Wars trilogy, only Harrison became a star while Carrie and Mark could never get a non-SW hit

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a great success story and I'm happy for him.

BUT..he's a limited actor. He thought the faux-Nigerian accent was enough to get him an Oscar nom. for Concussion, and when it didn't ,he hid behind his wife throwing darts.

He won't see the best scripts first anymore..won't be the first choice for the hottest projects. He hasn't come to terms with that yet and is still chasing hits.

All the established movie stars not named Leonardo DiCaprio are in danger from this DC/Marvel universe sh!t

but maybe he can revamp by turning his other movies into Franchises ( I am Legend 2 / I-robot 2 / An independence Day reboot/ Hancock 2/ Hitch 2 )

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
DSC_8447_CHADWICKBOSEMAN_4.jpg
MV5BNzA5MDEyMTY3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ0MjcxMDE@._V1_UY209_CR5,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

MV5BNzEzMTI2NjEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA0OTE4OA@@._V1_UX140_CR0,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

MV5BMzdiMzljMWEtZjg0ZC00ZWUzLTkxNjktMmNiMDhlOGJmNjlkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTkyMDQ2Mw@@._V1_UY209_CR13,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

MV5BMzk3MjE5NjE4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUzODY0OQ@@._V1_UY209_CR3,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

MV5BMjExOTY3NzExM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTg1OTAzMTE@._V1_UX140_CR0,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

MV5BMjEzNTgzNTI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc2OTM5MDE@._V1_UX140_CR0,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

jason_mitchell.jpg

MV5BNDg4OTczODE5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjgwMjA0Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR32,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMjY5ODUzNzEwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQzMjg1MTI@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
I don't think you know what "star" means.

Those are some talented actors you just posted but no ones going to see a movie because Andre Holland is in it. Or even Ali. If they were moonlight wouldn't be one of the lowest grossing best picture winners ever

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Big Willie just ain't got it no more. Just bad decision after bad decision. Focus was really the last aight movie he made, everything since then is bad or not talked about. He just hasn't aged gracefully acting wise into his 40's.

Plus the definition of a blockbuster hit has changed. You can't make a one off movie hit anymore, there has to be a sequel or tied into "a universe". Even when he tried that, Suicide Squad happened. :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think you know what "star" means.

Those are some talented actors you just posted but no ones going to see a movie because Andre Holland is in it. Or even Ali. If they were moonlight wouldn't be one of the lowest grossing best picture winners ever

Yeah seriously. Star isn’t the same as good actor or actress.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
he got to big for himself. At one point he had i rotobt, hitch, pursuit of happyness, i am legend, hancock, seven pounds back to back to back to back then he just fell the hell off

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I like him in the get down. Yeah as a person he seems bugged the fukk out but he can do his thing on film
I'm gonna be real with you...I didnt see a problem with After Earth. Will was hardly in the movie and Jaden wasn't even bad. The vitriol that came from the reviews of that movie had me thinking it was the worst movie ever and it was nowhere close but I think we all know what that was about. People in this very thread got bamboozled and said Will tried to put him in all his movies when he's only been in 2 (One of which everyone liked). People were itching to hate on that movie especially with M Knight being involved and Will trying to pave a way for his kid....."Hollywood" didnt like that at all...
As far as Will and his career you're right. He's always been a mixed bag. Top box office draw at one time and dominated for damn near a decade but movies never really been all that critically acclaimed. Times have changed and he's adapted pretty good IMO people just looking back caught up in nostalgia when the reality is he's always been this way.