What’s going on with Will Smith brehs?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Will's movies critically have always been mixed:mjlol:

He made his bread and built up his clout/brand using blockbusters now he makes whatever he wants because he can :yeshrug:

Basically. Idk where this idea came from that he was bulletproof critically :russ: nikkas really letting their friends and family double for “critics”

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Basically. Idk where this idea came from that he was bulletproof critically :russ: nikkas really letting their friends and family double for “critics”
It's because people never gave a fukk about critics like that growing up. Most people are shocked to hear their childhood favorite films were critical bombs.

Rotten tomatoes has ruined people's perceptions now.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's because people never gave a fukk about critics like that growing up. Most people are shocked to hear their childhood favorite films were critical bombs.

Rotten tomatoes has ruined people's perceptions now.

I’d say it’s ruined people’s expectations more than perceptions. That and the fact it’s so much easier to read film criticism or come to a place like this and read people’s different opinions on every movie under the sun. There are plenty of movies I loved as a kid that got shytted on but I was a kid so I wouldn’t even know where to look for that shyt. Now tho? shyt is way too easy so the expectation is that the thing you love or want to love must be loved by the world at large or else it’s trash

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
His big blockbusters like Suicide Squad still make bank. It’s his smaller “Oscar” type movies that the critics savage that he can’t carry to box office gold anymore.

If you look at his upcoming slate of movies he’s back to blockbusters. Bright is Netflix’s most expensive budgeted film. He’s doing the voice of the Genie in Disney’s live action Aladdin, which if it’s even half as good as Beauty and The Beast will do HUGE numbers and he’s signed on to be in Suicide Squad 2.

The ONLY thing I’m mad about is that they axed Bad Boys 3:mjcry: other than that Will Smith is still one of the last true movie stars on the planet.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One more thing about will. And I’ve said it before whenever we have this discussion: he said when his dad passed during the aftermath of after earth, it was a wake up call for him. He felt like he didn’t need to have the 100 million dollar hit. Didn’t need to have the number one movie anymore. Which leads to him doing movies he wants to do as opposed to movies he feels like he needs to do. Even if fans aren’t with it or critics aren’t with it, the man is going to do what he wants to do. I’ll always salute that when it comes to any artist. Do what makes you happy even if it is misbegotten

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
His big blockbusters like Suicide Squad still make bank. It’s his smaller “Oscar” type movies that the critics savage that he can’t carry to box office gold anymore.

If you look at his upcoming slate of movies he’s back to blockbusters. Bright is Netflix’s most expensive budgeted film. He’s doing the voice of the Genie in Disney’s live action Aladdin, which if it’s even half as good as Beauty and The Beast will do HUGE numbers and he’s signed on to be in Suicide Squad 2.

The ONLY thing I’m mad about is that they axed Bad Boys 3:mjcry: other than that Will Smith is still one of the last true movie stars on the planet.

I’m sorry breh and this is foul but I’m still :russ: at everyone falling for that bad boys 3 pump fake. The writing was on the wall for so so so long.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He put him in two flicks breh. Two. And one of them was well received. Nothing wrong with giving your family a leg up if you can. There’s a fresh prince episode about that very thing

I feel like he woulda kept trying if he didn't get such backlash for after earth

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel like he woulda kept trying if he didn't get such backlash for after earth

Maybe maybe not. But I also feel like he did that more for Jaden’s benefit than his own.also seems to me that backlash existed on message boards and social media.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe maybe not. But I also feel like he did that more for Jaden’s benefit than his own.also seems to me that backlash existed on message boards and social media.

You may be right breh. Idk I love Will but Jaden really irks me. He was good as a lil kid though in Happyness