What were you doing on 9/11?

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
I was in my 3rd grade Art class. I remember my teacher wheeling in a tv, she was rambling about something big happened in the U.S. All of us kids were confused thinking, 'what is the U.S.?' :dwillhuh: Then all of a sudden she started bawling. The principal came to each classroom and told the teachers to turn the tvs off and he told us our parents would come pick us up because we were done for the day. After he left we sat in a dark classroom for about 20s mins waiting for our parents.

It was eerie, I still remember that day so vividly.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i was in 11th grade american history in the bronx(jfk high school for my ny heads). i remember that day so vividly cause i remember the night before one of my favorite football players, ed mcaffrey, broke his leg really bad on monday night football so that was the topic of conversation for most of the morning with my classmates. then the teacher starts the days lesson plan which was about new york city in the 1800s and the immigration and crime. she goes "back in those days crime happened all the time but there wasnt many police in the 5 points, so u wouldnt hear sirens all the time like right now". even all the way up in the bronx, there were police cars and fire trucks flying down to manhattan and we had been hearing them nonstop for like 5 or 10 minutes. then, some kid came back from the bathroom and hit us with the news and immediately, my teacher went pale. her brother worked at the restaurant at the top of one of the towers. then, the period bell rang and we all went to homeroom and the principal made an announcement, but this dumass dead ass said "america is under attack!" and sent the whole school into a panic. then while i was at lunch right after homeroom, we heard jets fly overhead and EVERYBODY ran for their lives thinking we were about to get bombed. after that i went to auto shop and we were told to stay in their current class til the end of the day. crazy crazy day.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Damn some of yall are young....

I was in the 9th Grade the teacher turned on the T.V. and saw the building fall....
I remember it was this one woman running and dusty as hell and all of us started laughing....
it was this one chick...she was a senior...was like, "That shyt not funny....people are dying."

We didn't really realize how big of an event it was...

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I'll never forget it. Was in grade 11 at the time and headed to Media class (whatever the hell that was.) My buddy told me at my locker, said his Mom just told him it happened. I thought he was fukking with me so I just headed on my way. Get to class and no news had broke yet. This one guy, kind of the class clown, would volunteer to take the attendance sheet down to the main office. The teacher hated giving it to him cause he'd always take like half the time of class to get back, lol. He would get into shyt EVERYTIME. So on that day he volunteers, teacher still says yes cause most of us were like :yeshrug: ... he takes 30 min to get back. As he enters the room our teacher was like "Where were you???????????:damn:"
Him: Sir, a plane just hit the World Trade Center tower! :sadcam:
Us: :laff:
Teacher: You think that's funny?
Him: I'm being serious, we were listening to it on the radio at the main office :sadcam:
Sir: :childplease: Sit down and be quiet! :damn:
Us: :umad:
Him: :sadcam: :sadcam: :sadcam:
It was real unusual to see him like that, I was starting to wonder. Not even 5-10 minutes later we get the announcement over the PA system about the attack (the 2nd plane had now hit). Everyone starts freaking out, thinking the CN Tower was next and stuff. We actually had a radio in the class and turned it on. It was crazy not knowing exactly what was occurring in NY. They eventually sent us home early. I skipped class and was glued to CNN all week, hoping they'd find more survivors. Seeing the footage for the first time was just..... :wow: surreal. Still hard to believe it happened.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i was in 11th grade american history in the bronx(jfk high school for my ny heads). i remember that day so vividly cause i remember the night before one of my favorite football players, ed mcaffrey, broke his leg really bad on monday night football so that was the topic of conversation for most of the morning with my classmates. then the teacher starts the days lesson plan which was about new york city in the 1800s and the immigration and crime. she goes "back in those days crime happened all the time but there wasnt many police in the 5 points, so u wouldnt hear sirens all the time like right now". even all the way up in the bronx, there were police cars and fire trucks flying down to manhattan and we had been hearing them nonstop for like 5 or 10 minutes. then, some kid came back from the bathroom and hit us with the news and immediately, my teacher went pale. her brother worked at the restaurant at the top of one of the towers. then, the period bell rang and we all went to homeroom and the principal made an announcement, but this dumass dead ass said "america is under attack!" and sent the whole school into a panic. then while i was at lunch right after homeroom, we heard jets fly overhead and EVERYBODY ran for their lives thinking we were about to get bombed. after that i went to auto shop and we were told to stay in their current class til the end of the day. crazy crazy day.

What a fukking dumb ass. but yo...just the thought..

:laff:

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
I was 16 and it was the 1st week of my senior high school year
it was around 2pm going back home earlier since most classes hadn't started yet
saw people agglutinating in bars to watch tv didn't pay much attention until I reached the neighborhood and stopped at one for a minute to see what the fuss was about... just the 1st tower had been hit, as soon as I got home the 2nd tower got hit too and I remember being upset afterwards because I didn't catch it live
it was crazy

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I was in the 5th grade when our teacher told us what happened. I just shrugged it off and didn't realize how big of an event it was for another 3-4 years.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
I was cheating and in some p*ssy. I thought my girl had got killed in the towers, she didnt pick up her cell so I was like :manny: and I called up my sidepiece to smash in my car while watching the towers burn
7d3Ke6i.gif

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
i had just gotten up for the day, i was 25 and pregnant with my daughter. i was watching the today show and it was like breaking news and they were showing it live when the 2nd plane hit the tower