What were you doing on 9/11?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I was in 3rd grade. Remember being in class and the teachers saying we all had to go home. Got picked up and saw what happened on TV when I got home.

Geek

Pro
Daps
In eighth grade; it was pretty surreal, everyone was getting pulled out by their parents through out the day.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In class in 2nd grade.

Teacher got a phone call in the middle of the class. "Children something very terrible has happened to our country." :lupe:

This kid started crying out of nowhere. :laff:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I was in the break room at my job watching it on tv along with everyone else. As soon as the second plane hit, people were hysterical and there was panic and crying. Although, I didnt know anyone in NY at the time, my heart was so heavy. Then sent everyone home and we didnt come back until 2 days later. One of the females that worked at my job lost her brother. She was crying in the bathroom before she even knew he didnt make it, I guess she felt it.

That's sad man. Sometimes you can just feel it. When my brother died, I knew the entire day something was wrong.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Woke up to get ready for work and decided to listen to music instead of having the TV on. Listened to Devin the Dude Mo 'fo Me on repeat :blessed:. I noticed that the streets seemed empty while I was driving to work that morning, but thought nothing of it. Got to work and nobody on my side of the floor was in their office so my first thought was, damn I'm missing a staff meeting! I went to the conference room and everyone was watching it on the TV. I immediately tried to contact my brother who was flying to Boston that morning from LA. Turns out that Boston flight was going to LA and was the flight my brother was scheduled to take to Boston later that morning/afternoon. Also, one of my coworker's wife was flying to Chicago that morning and that planed turned around mid-flight and came back to the Denver airport. She said nobody knew what was going on and the flight crew didn't say anything. She found out when she landed back in Denver.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh yeah and I met a brotha from NY a couple years later and he said he was in a post office around the corner from the Towers and when that first plane hit the impact blew out all the windows in the post office and everyone fell down. They got up and ran outside to see what happened and saw the first tower in flames. He said that was the scariest moment of his life.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
No New Yorkers here? Anyone see the towers fall?
I'm a New Yorker and black smoke covered the western sky like a thunderstorm. :wow:

My mom had picked me early from school and I went to school in Flatbush and walked home to Canarie.

Also I had no cable so the plane crash knocked out a lot of the channels as the broadcast antenna was on the roof of 1 WTC. Only CBS was working as they had a backup transmitter on the ESB.

I co sign the poster that said the city had an shocked silence in the aftermath of it.. :wow:

Always interesting to read threads like this...

My favorite is from a thread about this same topic on this Aviation forum I lurk, where dude worked at the airport and he found out what happened and the regular planes were grounded, dude said the fighter jets took off from the airport and before he took off, dude was like :to: and gave the Fighter Jet pilot the :salute: and the Fighter Jet pilot was like :myman: returned the :salute:

Had me at my computer like :banderas:

Sounded like something straight out of a movie :wow:

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I was in 3rd period, Roots of Oppression. Didn't find out exactly what happened until class ended when teachers were in the hallway crying saying two kamikaze planes flew into the Twin Towers. Remember the lines out the hospitals that day. My dad wanted to go give blood and the lines for hospitals were llike a mile long with people wanting to give blood or try and find out info on loved ones.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I was headed to therapy. I had just been released from the hospital like two days before after being in the hospital for like a month after being run over by a car(funny story actually) I was down like 50lbs and weak as shyt. So they had me coming in doing all these odd ass exercises for like old people or some shyt. My pops was going to run me to the hospital but just before we left the house my moms called and was like "They said a plane just hit the trade center" I'm like "Yeah, they saying its an accident" she hit me like "Nah, this ain't no accident that's a no fly zone"(She's originally from Brownsville so I'm like well whatever I guess you would know) And as I'm talking to her we both see the second plane hit the tower. nikka that shyt sent a fukking chill up my spine. I hang up on her and tell my pops what happened and we just started watching that shyt develop. So a while pass and we gotta go, so he takes me to the hospital and of course that shyt is on everywhere and being in a busy ass hospital made that shyt even more crazy. I'm in the waiting room, watching that shyt with like 20 strangers, Doctor, patients everyone looking and then that's when they say the pentagon got hit and showed that footage.

Everybody round that bytch looking like :damn:.

Pops looked at me and was like "A son, this some scary shyt" And till this day that's the first time I seen that nikka look legit frightened by some shyt. I know a couple of yall nikkas was like 4 or 5 when that shyt happened and probably played ya PS or was watching sesame street because you was ignorant to the scope of that shyt. nikka I was like 18 that shyt was Surreal and scary as shyt. nikka I thought they was finna reinstate the draft and everything.

Last edited: