What were you doing on 9/11?

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
What was real weird, my nigs, was how simple everyday life changed in the aftermath, especially with talk about anthrax and bombings. My NYC heads will understand, and there was even a funny part of a Seinfeld episode based on this. Sometimes on the train, someone will be reading the paper, and then when they get off, if they're done with it, they would just leave it behind. There's always this pregnant pause when that happens, people waiting one second to see if anyone goes to take the paper, maybe even eyeballing each other. So this one time in the aftermath, after the anthrax scares and stuff had jumped off, this dude gets off the train, leaves his paper behind. Immediately me and this other dude started for it, out of reflex, but then it was like we both simultaneously thought about the threat of anthrax, so we both were like :whoa: and fell back. We both kinda laughed about it, because we both knew, without saying anything, why we ain't want no parts of that newspaper.

Then there was the threats about blowing up tunnels and bridges. At my firm, if you worked OT, you could get car service home. For me, it was actually quicker to take the train, but sometimes I just preferred to hop in a car, sit back, and chill. Usually I would just tell the nikka to drive across the Williamsburg Bridge, stay on Broadway, make a left on Flushing, stay on Flushing and make a right on St. Nicholas. I see the driver headed towards the Queens Midtown Tunnel, which was a spot that they would pull trucks and stuff to the side to make sure they weren't packing bombs. Immediately I'm like :patrice: and I'm telling dude, yo, the Bridge is cool, and he's telling me, nah, the Tunnel is quicker, plus, we right here. He was looking at me in the rearview, and I could tell he was wondering why I was so amped to avoid the Tunnel. After we got out the Tunnel, he casually turned and said to me, "you know, it don't matter. Bridge or Tunnel, if they wanted to bomb it, there really isn't a way to stop them"

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
You are winning this thread so far. :wow:

Nbf8sv3.jpg

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
on this day i was at FT. Sam Houston , TX aka San Antonio , TX
training for my military job and saw it in class that day

the damn base got put on locked down real quick when it happened too :to:
such a sad day

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
I was in 3rd grade and in Music class. I was playing the shyt out of the recorder :takedat: I remember getting 10 pretzels that day. Then the principal made an announcement over the intercom and our teacher stopped class and put on the news. Most of my classmates were :ohhh: but to be honest, I felt nothing that day. :yeshrug: Maybe b/c I was 8 at the time and didn't truly understand the severity of what was happening but for whatever reason I just couldn't find a reason to care. Even now I have trouble caring or emphathizing about it. I just treat 9/11 like any other day and keep it moving.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I was living on campus in the dorms and my roommate at the time was an international student from South Korea he had class at 8 am that morning so he was already gone but my first class that day wasn't until that afternoon. I was up playing Diablo 2 online for a bit and noticed everyone in the lobby of the game was talking crazy about arabs and I remember thinking what in hell are they talking about but chalked it up to the usual reckless racist talk you see online in games from time to time. As I was reading through the chat my roommate came back and asked me "did you hear the news?" and I said "what news?". He turned on the tv and the first tower was burning we watched for a little while and then boom the 2nd plane hit, it was crazy. Later on that day I remember the RA for my floor was saying watch out for your roommate cause people might flip out on him cause he's foreign in light of what happened.(even though South Korea had nothing to do with it).

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
First year of college.. I only went to school M-W-F, so I was off. I think I woke up right when the first plane hit. I remember being on IRC chat and everybody freaking out. and even though I was in Maryland, I kept looking in the sky all day. and what was really crazy was how nice of a day it was. Beautiful weather...

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In third grade, remember my mom asking me if I had heard about what had happened and having no idea what she was talking about till I saw the image on CNN while flipping channels still remember the surreal atmosphere of that day and the year or so after it vividly

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I remember just sitting in my "den" just playing with my Hot wheels, then all I saw where 2 buildings on fire, Grandma in tears, had no idea what was going on, my grandma had CNN and Headline News on the whole week.