What were you doing on 9/11?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was the first day of school in 9th grade. I heard the hosts of the local morning radio show we listened to freaking out on the way to school. When we arrived we made callous jokes about it with our classmates :wow: before my English teacher chimed in and called us out on our lack of sensitivity. Then we got lectured for a minute or two and watched CNN for the rest of the class.

It didn't sink in until I couldn't watch any television or listen to any radio or talk to any adult without hearing about the tragedy.

I remember this tribute was on TV shortly after:

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was sitting in 9th grade social studies class. another teacher ran into the classrom and said that the wtc had been hit. me and my friend started cracking up because we couldn't believe that could actually happen to the united states. we thought it was just a joke. my teacher turned on the radio, and wow...i don't think i've ever felt like such as ass in my whole life. the whole shiit just seemed surreal.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
I was 11 so I remember being in school and the teachers started to act weird. That day we got out early and I was wondering why......came home seen the buildings going down on every channel. At first I was like is this real because I never seen something like this happen before.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i was in my Junior year of college.
i was supposed to go on a class trip but i decided not to because i was listening to the news on a radio that i kept in our studio.

eventually hooked up with my boys.

watched it in my boy's dorm room with one of my best friends who grew up in the LES just blocks away from the WTC...dude was in tears saying "why are they destroying my home?"

what he said and felt sank in more as i got older.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
It was my first week of high school but I wasn't going to school that day, me and my older brother were on our way to the Bronx. We were still in JC at the Colgate train station which is directly on the water front, you step off the escalator and your lookin across the Hudson at manhattan. I'm not even sure why we were at that station that day because there are 2 other stations we normally would have caught the train at. We were standing on the platform waitin when we heard this big ass bang, couple of seconds later we could hear all the commotion on the street level. We ran up the escalator to the street and the people were damn near hysterical, we still had no idea what was goin on. Finally got somebody to tell us what happened in time for us to look across the river and see the second plane hit

Daps
Woke up to get ready for work

In traffic late to work when 1st plane hit w

first year college. teacher turned off tv and proceeded to teach us about philosophy

I'll never forget it. Was in grade 11 at the time

i had just gotten up for the day, i was 25 and pregnant

old.gif

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HS freshmen yr bio lab (nys students know about regents)..lol that Math A exam had the game on lock....made ppl wasnt graduating on time hahaha

anyway i was rocking a red fubu Hawaiian shirt ,black jeans and and red and black nikes...looking real 01 fresh.
I remember the school was put on lock down and we couldn't leave the classroom....

i played ball that day and was killing it on the court too

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Was in 6th grade, chillin in class. Next thing I know, everyone starts getting picked up, one by one, announcements came for kids in my class.

Everybody was like wtf and hoping they'd get picked up. Then my teacher rolled out and then rolled back up in that bytch with a tv and showed us what happened. I didn't even know what the twin towers were.

My name got called and I got to go home. Turns out my mother already picked up my sister and came for me and my brother. As we were leaving there was another girl being picked up and she was crying her eyes out. Turns out her moms worked at the Pentagon.

I got to spend the whole day at home and watched a bit about it on tv til I got bored and watched something else.

Didn't really understand it til I saw this picture and it freaked my 10 year old ass out:

s02_2H469523-930x826.jpeg

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
middle school in the BX

teachers informed everyone but nobody in my class knew what it really meant.

shyt stopped for like 45minutes then the day went as normal :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Family_Guy_Your_Mom_Navy_Shirt_POP.jpg

jk

I was actually on a field trip at a jewish synagogue and it was my senior year of high school. Still remember that day cause I was in NY a couple of months earlier on a school trip to Portugal and Spain.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
I remember being in my 3rd grade math class, they showed some of it on a tv we had in the classroom.
When I went home my mom was watching it and calling all of our family in Manhattan. No casualties on our end :whew: