What Was One Significant Thing Iverson Did Significantly Better Than D Wade, Basketball-wise?

Daps
a point guard, guards the primary ball handler... how in the entire fukk is stealing the ball away from the other team one of the WORST ways to judge somebody???
I think what dude means is, steals as a tangible stat are one of the worst ways to measure defensive impact, which he would be right. Especially since it's used as a buzz stat for dudes to hype defensive ability.
how about we go super technical, new age stats then since we can trade blocks for steals....

d wade's defensive win shares... mean how much was his defense a reason why his team won the game... 37.3

ai's 38.1
Before we go on do you now how accurate (or should I say inaccurate) the formula for offensive/defensive win shares are without proper context?
i mean what other stats we gonna look at?? what would really solve this.. and i can't find it... is oppositions scoring... they have it tracked out with this new age stat shyt... exactly how many points or average points were scored vs a player... but i'm not digging for that
Well there's your problem right there. This is beyond what stats could tell you, and you'd know this if you actually followed Wade's career.
but one of the greatest shot blocking guards of all time... come on now
What do you mean come on now? Wade is the all-time leader in blocks for players 6ft4 and shorter.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a point guard, guards the primary ball handler... how in the entire fukk is stealing the ball away from the other team one of the WORST ways to judge somebody???

how about we go super technical, new age stats then since we can trade blocks for steals....

d wade's defensive win shares... mean how much was his defense a reason why his team won the game... 37.3

ai's 38.1

i mean what other stats we gonna look at?? what would really solve this.. and i can't find it... is oppositions scoring... they have it tracked out with this new age stat shyt... exactly how many points or average points were scored vs a player... but i'm not digging for that

but one of the greatest shot blocking guards of all time... come on now

Because going for steals constantly puts you out of position, forced your teammates to cover for you, opens up the lanes for penetration, etc.

Your using DWS now? Oh god...LMAO.

Do you even know how that's calculated? You know why Boozer has a relatively decent DWS despite being an awful defender? Because he grabs a lot of rebounds on a great defensive team which makes him look good. Bad defensive players on great defensive teams get higher DWS.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Because going for steals constantly puts you out of position, forced your teammates to cover for you, opens up the lanes for penetration, etc.

Your using DWS now? Oh god...LMAO.

Do you even know how that's calculated? You know why Boozer has a relatively decent DWS despite being an awful defender? Because he grabs a lot of rebounds on a great defensive team which makes him look good. Bad defensive players on great defensive teams get higher DWS.
i didn't even want to use that shyt honestly... and yes i know how it's calculated

but for nikkas to be in here talking bout "steals are the worst way to label a defender" nikka please

name a player with high steals who was a shytty defender... name some great defenders who were like, fukk steals

steals and turnovers and fast breaks and points from turnovers are some of the biggest winning ways in basketball.. turnover to steals ratio is one of the top ways to judge a point guard

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think what dude means is, steals as a tangible stat are one of the worst ways to measure defensive impact, which he would be right. Especially since it's used as a buzz stat for dudes to hype defensive ability.

Before we go on do you now how accurate (or should I say inaccurate) the formula for offensive/defensive win shares are without proper context?

Well there's your problem right there. This is beyond what stats could tell you, and you'd know this if you actually followed Wade's career.

What do you mean come on now? Wade is the all-time leader in blocks for players 6ft4 and shorter.
i feel what y'all saying.. it can't be all on stats.. i agree

none of us are experts.. so unless you followed every game of both player's careers, you're not gonna know any better than the next man... i paid attention to AI and watched his games cause i was a sixers fan... checking the heat when they played my team, during playoffs, or when they had a featured game.

again.. i never said wade wasn't shyt.. i just said i think ai was better... difference of opinion

how dare you say all that about stats then bring up shot blocking by players 6'4 and under and shyt.... was he top 10 blocking GUARD or not... not guard under 6'4 when playing on wednesday on a full moon :pachaha:

Daps
Man Shut the fukk Up
full

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didn't even want to use that shyt honestly... and yes i know how it's calculated

but for nikkas to be in here talking bout "steals are the worst way to label a defender" nikka please

name a player with high steals who was a shytty defender... name some great defenders who were like, fukk steals

steals and turnovers and fast breaks and points from turnovers are some of the biggest winning ways in basketball.. turnover to steals ratio is one of the top ways to judge a point guard

AI
Magic Johnson
Charles Barkley
Etc

Having loads of steals don't make you a good defender. AI was a chronic gambler and was out of position a LOT because of it. He was pretty quick so he got to a few more balls because of it but it wasn't great defense. Pops or Thibs would have blown a gasket dealing with that kinda stuff.

There is a LOT more to defense than box score stats. Wade was better at man to man defense, footwork, properly attacking closes outs, help defense, weak-side shot blocking, proper rotations, and he was still good at forcing turnovers.

AI was fast and a pest but he wasn't a great defender. He was good for his size but he didn't have anywhere near the total impact Wade did. That's the difference.

Daps
i feel what y'all saying.. it can't be all on stats.. i agree
:aicmon:
none of us are experts.. so unless you followed every game of both player's careers, you're not gonna know any better than the next man... i paid attention to AI and watched his games cause i was a sixers fan... checking the heat when they played my team, during playoffs, or when they had a featured game.
As if experts have the rule on what's true and what isn't in sports. I followed both their careers, and I do know better than any dude trying to claim that AI was a better defender. Oh so you were a Sixers fan? Tell me more.....

again.. i never said wade wasn't shyt.. i just said i think ai was better... difference of opinion
It isn't a matter of having a difference of opinion like on some what's the best color type shyt. This isn't a subjective matter.
how dare you say all that about stats then bring up shot blocking by players 6'4 and under and shyt.... was he top 10 blocking GUARD or not... not guard under 6'4 when playing on wednesday on a full moon :pachaha:

Gervin - 1047*
Jordan - 893
Carter - 745
Drexler - 719
Wade - 701

He's top 5 right now, and by the time his career finishes he'll be top 3.