What Was One Significant Thing Iverson Did Significantly Better Than D Wade, Basketball-wise?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
carried a team to what?
the nba finals with no a or b list star on the team besides himself... then carried them to beat the record breaking, kobe, shaq, phil lakers.. who hadn't lost a single game the entire playoffs.. and forced them into a game 1 loss

i mean shyt... what you want the nikka to do.. play all 5 positions himself.. who else was doing anything on that team offensively

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
At 5`10 170 pounds A.I was a better Spectcale than Dwade. A.I at his best was a better shooter, scorer, passer than Dwade. Wade might be the better player but enjoyed watching A.I play more

Wade is a better passer with superior court vision and decision making

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This guy said Iverson a better defender and nobody treated this cat?
you do know iverson averaged about double what d wade does in steals for most of his career..

while iverson has 12 seasons with over 100 steals... 7 of those 12 seasons over 150.. and 1 of those 12 at 225

d wade 7 seasons over 100.. 1 over 150 and never higher than 173

iverson was a better on ball defender than wade... i don't remember anybody talking about d wade like he was some "put him in front of everyone, and he'll shut them down" type of dude

i didn't say he sucks.. i said ai was better

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Real shyt though it's not fair what y'all be doing to A.I :aicmon:. You can't deny Jordan's greatness as the GOAT just because he didn't break some of the most fabled records like the scoring record, because the greatness of bigs are not measured the same way like guards.

Most of the posters on the The Coli are taller than A.I. so his greatness shouldn't be measured on the same grading scale when it comes to comparing him to someone 6 inches taller than him.

Daps
you do know iverson averaged about double what d wade does in steals for most of his career..
I can play this game too. You do know that Wade averaged about 1000000x what AI did in blocks for his entire career right?

I win.

while iverson has 12 seasons with over 100 steals... 7 of those 12 seasons over 150.. and 1 of those 12 at 225

I can play this game too.

Iverson 12 seasons with over 100 steals
Wade 7 seasons with over 100 steals

Iverson 0 seasons with over 50 blocks
Wade 8 seasons with over 50 blocks

I win.

iverson was a better on ball defender than wade... i don't remember anybody talking about d wade like he was some "put him in front of everyone, and he'll shut them down" type of dude

You sure as hell don't remember anybody talking about AI like "put him in front of everyone, and he'll shut them down" type of dude. Wade was a great defender in his prime; man-to-man and help defense. This isn't even an arguable point like scoring or playmaking is, Wade was on another planet compared to AI when it came to defense. This is some new low in the AI revisionism movement.... ya'll dudes are now hyping his defense up as better as one of the greatest shot-blocking guards of all time.

:aicmon:

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Shut the hell up. Steals are one of the worst ways possible to measure defensive ability. AI got steals like crazy because he played the passing lanes and gambled all the time.

Wade is a much better one on one defender. Bigger, stronger, better at help defense, weak side shot blocking, and he was still good at playing the lanes. Wade had a much bigger impact on defense.

Daps
Real shyt though it's not fair what y'all be doing to A.I :aicmon:. You can't deny Jordan's greatness as the GOAT just because he didn't break some of the most fabled records like the scoring record, because the greatness of bigs are not measured the same way like guards.

Most of the posters on the The Coli are taller than A.I. so his greatness shouldn't be measured on the same grading scale when it comes to comparing him to someone 6 inches taller than him.
Wait, what? :dwillhuh:

Did you just say that you can't compare Jordan to the greatness of bigs, because bigs are not measured the same way as guards, and use that argument for AI, like it's unfair to measure him against a player that plays the relatively the same position in Wade? What so now is Wade considered a big now? And since when the hell was Wade 6 inches taller than AI?

:dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
5'11", 6'4", almost 6 inches, I thought D-Wade was 6'5" before I just checked.

I'm just saying that A.I. is at such a height disadvantage you have to look at what he's accomplished differently than others. He doesn't stack up to the other greats statistically, and I think that makes him one of the most unique players in NBA history considering what he's managed to do. So I do think it's unfair, yes.

Daps
Why must dudes always BLATANTLY lie about Iverson's career like it's some dramatic biopic about a blind mouse who overcame a pride of lions? Even AI looking at you like -

full

Daps
5'11", 6'4", almost 6 inches, I thought D-Wade was 6'5" before I just checked.

I'm just saying that A.I. is at such a height disadvantage you have to look at what he's accomplished differently than others. He doesn't stack up to the other greats statistically, and I think that makes him one of the most unique players in NBA history considering what he's managed to do. So I do think it's unfair, yes.
And that's fine if you think he's an unique player, but you can't then use that reasoning (this doesn't really apply to you) to suggest he's better than a player all because he was short in stature and had impalpable qualities that other players supposedly didn't have. Ya don't think that Wade was at a height disadvantage when he was blocking dudes up to six inches taller than him? Ya don't think Wade was at a height disadvantage going against bigger and taller guards throughout his entire career?

:manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I can play this game too. You do know that Wade averaged about 1000000x what AI did in blocks for his entire career right?

I win.

I can play this game too.

Iverson 12 seasons with over 100 steals
Wade 7 seasons with over 100 steals

Iverson 0 seasons with over 50 blocks
Wade 8 seasons with over 50 blocks

I win.

You sure as hell don't remember anybody talking about AI like "put him in front of everyone, and he'll shut them down" type of dude. Wade was a great defender in his prime; man-to-man and help defense. This isn't even an arguable point like scoring or playmaking is, Wade was on another planet compared to AI when it came to defense. This is some new low in the AI revisionism movement.... ya'll dudes are now hyping his defense up as better as one of the greatest shot-blocking guards of all time.

:aicmon:

Shut the hell up. Steals are one of the worst ways possible to measure defensive ability. AI got steals like crazy because he played the passing lanes and gambled all the time.

Wade is a much better one on one defender. Bigger, stronger, better at help defense, weak side shot blocking, and he was still good at playing the lanes. Wade had a much bigger impact on defense.

a point guard, guards the primary ball handler... how in the entire fukk is stealing the ball away from the other team one of the WORST ways to judge somebody???

how about we go super technical, new age stats then since we can trade blocks for steals....

d wade's defensive win shares... mean how much was his defense a reason why his team won the game... 37.3

ai's 38.1

i mean what other stats we gonna look at?? what would really solve this.. and i can't find it... is oppositions scoring... they have it tracked out with this new age stat shyt... exactly how many points or average points were scored vs a player... but i'm not digging for that

but one of the greatest shot blocking guards of all time... come on now