What villain's reasoning for them being "evil" made the most sense to you?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
How so? He just added more suffering for every single species in the universe for no reason whatsoever.
Celestials put eggs in planets and when the population reaches a certain amount that celestial egg would hatch to give birth to a new celestial destroying the planet in the process

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Celestials put eggs in planets and when the population reaches a certain amount that celestial egg would hatch to give birth to a new celestial destroying the planet in the process
Okay, but Thanos only delays by a very small amount of time the destruction of the planet and adds much suffering on top of that inevitable outcome.

Also, according to his own philosophy of sacrificing for the greater good, the Celestials birth new galaxies when they're born which end up containing much more life that they took with them. So they do Thanos' job much better. Why would he try to stop them?

Finally, if he knew about the Celestials and intended to avoid them destroying the planets where they were hidden, why couldn't he not just snap them away directly instead of hoeing the populations living on their planet?

Thanos just doesn't make any sense :hubie:

Water

Pro
Daps
Not sure if any of y'all read the Stormlight archives series by Brandon Sanderson but my mans Moash did nothing wrong.

Bro just wanted to avenge his grandparents and destroy his slavers. If anything Kaladin is a uncle tom :ld:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Bane was spitting straight fire for most of his movie....:wow:

bane-do-you-feel-in-charge-ive-paid-you-a-14669120.png

tumblr_pb7w5sJr0p1uezmbko1_540.gifv

tumblr_pb7w5sJr0p1uezmbko2_540.gifv

tumblr_mglucwx4rC1r0bv4uo1_500.gif

655e5397-4c52-4f61-858c-f7570f827715_text.gif

Why was Bane a good guy in a sense? I may be wrong, he may have not been a bad good guy

Daps
His cause was bigger than anything else. He was talking freedom for black people worldwide. fukk anyone who got in the way. I don't agree with him killing his girl but I understand why he did what he did.

Again, you'd follow a leader that has no qualms about killing the very followers that aid and support him if he felt that furthered his goal?

:usure:

I get the fascination with the character, especially in TLR, but it's amazing to me how so many people didn't understand Killmonger's archetype and let the point of his character's failure to T'challa fly right over their heads.

A leader who embodies the philosophy of "the ends justify the means" ALWAYS bodes badly for humanity.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

All tyrants at one point or another had some measure of altruism attached to their rhetoric. Killmonger was no different. That was the entire purpose of highlighting the various flaws and contradictions his character had vs. his purported goal.

You can't liberate people by adopting the tactics of oppression.

Daps
As far as the original question, only villain I can think of at the moment who I felt was somewhat justified and rational in why they felt and acted the way they did that I could mostly agree with was Teabing in The Da Vinci Code (Ian Mckellen's character).

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
only ones I agree with in here are kilmonger and magneto
to add
Anakin Skywalker before he turns into Darth vadar
he just wanted some ass
the Jedi are stupid as fukk with their rules and needed to change
I'm glad he got rid of most of the pretentious monks :mjlol:

Last edited: