What The Hell Is Going On In Ukraine?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
the price of geopolitics breh, not to mention Europe is even more xenophobic than the U.S. we tolerate Mexicans here to a certain extent even trying to reform immigration to make the whole thing mutually beneficial. Europe...my god the things i've seen on Eastern European immigrants in Italy or African immigrants in Spain or France...its truly demonic. So i don't know how much "the people" really do or don't want Ukraine in the EU or if its just their ultra fundamentalists making alot of noise.
I agree (again). but how much of it are fundamentalists and how much are actual workers tho? Ukraine is a very big country with a lot of agriculture that will effect the EU FOR SURE, on top of that....Russia wouldn't allow it, they would threaten Ukraine with (aiming)Nukes no doubt about it. They will not allow NATO to set up shop that close to their borders, furthering the cost in the Ukraine. Its a lose lose (IMO).

Honestly I dont even get why they want it, Turkey has shown that playing both sides (east and west) is actually a better business deal. BRIC is $$$$$$$, esp in the next 5-10 yrs. They should stay on the fence and play both sides to their benefit. :manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I agree (again). but how much of it are fundamentalists and how much are actual workers tho? Ukraine is a very big country with a lot of agriculture that will effect the EU FOR SURE, on top of that....Russia wouldn't allow it, they would threaten Ukraine with (aiming)Nukes no doubt about it. They will not allow NATO to set up shop that close to their borders, furthering the cost in the Ukraine. Its a lose lose (IMO).

Honestly I dont even get why they want it, Turkey has shown that playing both sides (east and west) is actually a better business deal. BRIC is $$$$$$$, esp in the next 5-10 yrs. They should stay on the fence and play both sides to their benefit. :manny:

Turkey is the spot man, i met a girl from Istanbul not to long ago telling me things are changing there....i want a piece of that pie....:shaq:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Turkey is the spot man, i met a girl from Istanbul not to long ago telling me things are changing there....i want a piece of that pie....:shaq:
I have a new neighbor (lives up stairs) who is from Turkey and is currently in China touring farms to buy garlic to sell to the EU. Dude is caking he found 5 HUGE distributors and only been here for 2 weeks. :whew:

Both he and some Iraqi chick I was dating keep telling me to go there, and that apartments are hella cheap and money is to be made. It's not really on my radar like south america, but damn. He comes by every couple of days and kicks me down with knowledge. :wow:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I have a new neighbor (lives up stairs) who is from Turkey and is currently in China touring farms to buy garlic to sell to the EU. Dude is caking he found 5 HUGE distributors and only been here for 2 weeks. :whew:

Both he and some Iraqi chick I was dating keep telling me to go there, and that apartments are hella cheap and money is to be made. It's not really on my radar like south america, but damn. He comes by every couple of days and kicks me down with knowledge. :wow:

I posted a link on this in the africa thread

http://www.investoo.co.uk/knowledge/emerging-markets/mints/

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2013/11/14/mint-the-new-bric-on-the-block/?Authorised=false

potentials for MINT(mexico,indonesia, nigeria, turkey)

should consider scouting these countries for opportunity potentials

don't wanna sidetrack this thread though y'all

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who thinks this coup is US-engineered needs to read up on our track record sponsoring coups.

We don't do "popular protests." We do semi-popular protests with influential military men waiting in the wings...and that's assuming we succeed at all. American clandestine ops are basically garbage at anything that doesn't involve technology and throwing money at political candidates.

This is more ethnic than anything else. Eastern Ukraine has a large Russian population, whereas the west and south are closer to Poles/Turks and consequently hate Russian people's guts. With progressive de-Russificaiton of Ukranian language and culture since the 90s, this has been a LONG time coming.

This is not American-sponsored. In fact, America is probably wondering why it ISN'T American sponsored.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calm down breh. Pick your poison broke as Russia or Bankers for years creating money from nowhere. The EU won't fail this was just a wake up call to the countries involve showing who the real bosses are.

Sad to say.

I can't pick the poison, it's not my country.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who thinks this coup is US-engineered needs to read up on our track record sponsoring coups.

We don't do "popular protests." We do semi-popular protests with influential military men waiting in the wings...and that's assuming we succeed at all. American clandestine ops are basically garbage at anything that doesn't involve technology and throwing money at political candidates.

This is more ethnic than anything else. Eastern Ukraine has a large Russian population, whereas the west and south are closer to Poles/Turks and consequently hate Russian people's guts. With progressive de-Russificaiton of Ukranian language and culture since the 90s, this has been a LONG time coming.

This is not American-sponsored. In fact, America is probably wondering why it ISN'T American sponsored.

1. Who said it was a coup? The term is Regime Change. So far the the track record is huge and 75% success rate
2. I agree with your 2nd part.
3. Why is a revolt now after Russia just gave U.S. a giant L in Diplomacy in Syria? It's clearly set-up.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
3. Why is a revolt now after Russia just gave U.S. a giant L in Diplomacy in Syria? It's clearly set-up.

Back in the real world Assad just lost his last ace(chemical weapons) and has been accused of war crimes by the UN.

:heh:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting turn of events. I'm not particularly interested in Russia and its adjacent slave countries--especially not the Ukraine--but I'll keep on eye on what happens. I could care less which side wins.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back in the real world Assad just lost his last ace(chemical weapons) and has been accused of war crimes by the UN.

:heh:

UN accuses everyone who isn't a puppet of the U.S. of war crimes. Who you think runs the damn U.N. ? Israel stays getting away with War Crimes and Bush never got his due for it.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
UN accuses everyone who isn't a puppet of the U.S. of war crimes. Who you think runs the damn U.N. ? Israel stays getting away with War Crimes and Bush never got his due for it.

whatever makes you feel better, breh

Superstar
Daps
1. Who said it was a coup? The term is Regime Change. So far the the track record is huge and 75% success rate

"Regime Change" connotes open invasion and that is not happening. Overall, American efforts at installing friendly governments have had limited success in the latter half of the 20th century. They were most successful in the late 19th and early 20th century with shytty banana republics, and that was mostly through private proxies. When it comes to straight-up engineering a grassroots coup, America can't do it. They tried in almost every communist country in the cold war and did not succeed. The Prague Spring came as a huge shock to them.

You honestly believe the average Ukrainian is affected by Syria? As opposed to the years and years of bullying and strong-arming over gas prices? The only people in the Ukraine who have love for Russia are Ukranians of Russian descent.