What pisses you off at the gym

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Cats taking 10 MINUTES between sets on the squat rack...

...thankfully it wasn't leg day for me, but I watched one of my boy's wait for a good 20 minutes to use the rack and the cat on it literally did two sets. Granted, they were sets of 4x405, and legit as fukk, but still......10 minute rest? :aicmon:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I've said this before...But it really irks me that the GOLDs I go to has all of these damn machines but only 1 Concept 2 rower and no actual pull up bars...

Like how hard is it to put pull up bars and dip stations along the wall and bring in a few C2 rowers...

4fossa

All Star
Daps
Cuz of annoying things like those said here I joined this small gym with old equipment. It's always almost empty when I get in there after work...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

...thankfully it wasn't leg day for me, but I watched one of my boy's wait for a good 20 minutes to use the rack and the cat on it literally did two sets. Granted, they were sets of 4x405, and legit as fukk, but still......10 minute rest? :aicmon:
I mean that's how a lot of outlets suggest doing power reps/sets :manny:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
This old witch and her husband always used to come through at my old gym

This demon faced reptile would leave her towel on the bench press and go do other exercises.

So I rolled up took her towel off and started doin my shyt.

She comes over and says "Excuse me"...I ignore and I got my headphones on loud..she says excuse me again..i finish my set..turn around and say "yes? :sas1:"...she goes on talking about how she wasn't done ..told her sorry im continuing my set..its unfair that you hog this for 30 minutes while using it for only 10...all the while lookin at her husband who was on another machine :mjpls:

She walks off furious and they both are clearly talkin shyt..finished my 4 sets...and walked off still watching her husband he was red faced and just plain angry..but couldn't muster up the courage to stay a damn word.

LESSON LEARNED :pachaha:

Daps

Being real I'm guilty of this when i squat. its usually 5-6 solid minutes between sets if I'm going heavy. Might take me like 20-25 mins just to do 3 sets

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
People that come into the gym and behave like they're entitled to use any machine they want when they want piss me off.

bytch, I had to wait 30 minutes for a free cross-trainer, don't come in here kicking up stink because you've had to wait 5 :pacspit:

Forcing me to cut my run short just so I won't look like a bad guy and before the other dudes in the gym come to :cape: for your blonde pancake ass.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
When a dude asks me for a spot and then proceeds to try and do 8 reps of a weight he can't even do 1 rep of.:what: nikka tryna have me do a full workout of curls while he's benching. A spot is a safety measure just in case you can't get the last rep up. nikka it aint meant for me to lift the weight for you.

Now when I see a dude can't lift the weight at all, I just let him struggle, pretending I'm helping, until he aint got shyt left and then I rack it on some:mjpls:
:russ: Amen to this whole post, I hate that shyt.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
People that come into the gym and behave like they're entitled to use any machine they want when they want piss me off.

bytch, I had to wait 30 minutes for a free cross-trainer, don't come in here kicking up stink because you've had to wait 5 :pacspit:

Forcing me to cut my run short just so I won't look like a bad guy and before the other dudes in the gym come to :cape: for your blonde pancake ass.

If I'm on a machine or station and I know I'm about to be there a while, I always offer folks to work in if they want. They usually say no, but that's not on me:yeshrug:. I never feel pressure to cut my workout short, I don't mind if somebody do a set while I'm resting.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I mean that's how a lot of outlets suggest doing power reps/sets :manny:

Yeah, I know.....but it was busy and there were people damn near lining up for the rack.....I feel like that's not the best time to be doing it.....idk :yeshrug:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If I'm on a machine or station and I know I'm about to be there a while, I always offer folks to work in if they want. They usually say no, but that's not on me:yeshrug:. I never feel pressure to cut my workout short, I don't mind if somebody do a set while I'm resting.

I'm usually the same. At my normal gym, the environment is perfect for coming in and putting in work, regardless of how long it takes because everyone is on the same wave but at this one where I'm staying, these people (especially the women) are snappy and it can be quite annoying.

They've got the benefit of being bytchy because if I show any sort of annoyance, I'm the one who's gonna be looked as ignorant.