What PG was better than Steve Nash in the last 30 years?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think it's because you don't know hwo to calculate PER

Like I said, Nash's average PER rating is between 19 and 20. He didn't take enough shots to be considered a relevant comparison to other PGs like Chris Paul, who relative to Nash, shoots in volume and makes his shots.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, Nash's average PER rating is between 19 and 20. He didn't take enough shots to be considered a relevant comparison to other PGs like Chris Paul, who relative to Nash, shoots in volume and makes his shots.

so 3-4 3pters a game is occascional?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
are you seriously gonna take his best year and ignore the rest of his sub 20 ppg years? He scored basically around the same clip Nash did when given equal time.
Here are a few things

- Paul before he injured his knee averaged 20 twice.
- Paul could play up to 40 minutes. Nash couldn't play pass 34. That right there makes Paul more valuable.
- If Nash took more shots his overall efficiency would take a hit.
- Nash was the worst defender at the PG position. Chris Paul was one of the best.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Nash was a 2X MVP...he didn't have a system created for him, he would have succeeded anywhere...

D'Antoni's system wasnt perfectly suited for Nash? Don Nelson's wasnt pretty good for him either? :comeon:

Run and gun with both and PnR's with Dirk and Amare in their primes...

Nash would have been a 2x MVP regardless? :usure:

"Nash has never finished in the top 50 in steals, never cracked the top 100 in defensive win shares nor placed in the top 350 of defensive rating."

Nash is a great offensive player (shooter/distributor) but he is almost equally bad on defense.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
D'Antoni's system wasnt perfectly suited for Nash? Don Nelson's wasnt pretty good for him either? :comeon:

Run and gun with both and PnR's with Dirk and Amare in their primes...

Nash would have been a 2x MVP regardless? :usure:

"Nash has never finished in the top 50 in steals, never cracked the top 100 in defensive win shares nor placed in the top 350 of defensive rating."

Nash is a great offensive player (shooter/distributor) but he is almost equally bad on defense.

none of the PGs are going out ona nightly basis shutting one another down...lol. Again on a nightly basis...and who cares if he didn't play Defense if he was shooing 50% from teh PG position and 40%+ from 3....

you still get 2 points and 3 points am i right? If you guys watched basketball you'd know what happened on Dallas

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You've gotta be joking :aicmon:
Magic Johnson
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Gary Payton
Chris Paul
Jason Kidd
Lenny Wilkins
Tiny Archibald
Tim Hardaway
Walt Frazier
& a couple others I can't think of right now...............

Nash is one of the most overrated players in NBA history he is about the equivalent of Mark Price.

Get this thread :camby:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
none of the PGs are going out ona nightly basis shutting one another down...lol. Again on a nightly basis...and who cares if he didn't play Defense if he was shooing 50% from teh PG position and 40%+ from 3....

you still get 2 points and 3 points am i right? If you guys watched basketball you'd know what happened on Dallas

I watched Nash at Santa Clara :camby:

Payton guarded Jordan in the finals and caused him to have his worst statistical finals (though still very good obviously) :camby:

LesterDiamond

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daps
Reppin
AZ

Shut up, fakkit :aicmon:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you put Nash on the bad boys and they win 4 championship and make jordan wait before he can solidify himself.

I would put slightly above Thomas and barely above Stockton and slightly below Magic Johnson.

:yeshrug:

I'ma let you finish, but YDB still makes the best troll threads of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
he'd be lucky to crack the top 10.

hes a system legend. he owes all his accolades to d'antoni and its quite obvious.

you don't suddenly make a ridiculous jump in skill when you become a grandpa. wake up people. its the system. not to mention, that he got exposed when d'antoni got knocked. but people conveniently forget all of that.

hes getting Stockton props but I don't even know if hes better than say mark price.

nash is a quality all-star reserve. lets be real.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he'd be lucky to crack the top 10.

hes a system legend. he owes all his accolades to d'antoni and its quite obvious.

you don't suddenly make a ridiculous jump in skill when you become a grandpa. wake up people. its the system. not to mention, that he got exposed when d'antoni got knocked. but people conveniently forget all of that.

hes getting Stockton props but I don't even know if hes better than say mark price.

nash is a quality all-star reserve. lets be real.

Steve Blake's current level of play is adding credibility to this theory. If he stays on this pace dude will be averaging around 10 assists per game (a career high).