What other race of women pays to put FAKE hair on top of their natural ones ?

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
All races do it. Clip ins, wigs, half wigs, sew ins, micro links, tape ins, they even have this whole hair piece on a string that they put at the top of their head. It’s not only bw.

But SOOOO many black women have embraced their natural hair, why do we still have this discussion? Just look on YT or look for natural hair care forums and you’ll see tons of bw offering natural hair care tips to other bw. Bw have even created names for hairstyles for natural hair braid outs, twist outs, TWAs, etc You guys act like the only weave bw wear is straight when plenty wear curly/wavy textured hair that matches our own hair. When I do wear weave I usually get curly textured hair and straighten it so it mimics my natural hair. Pretty much all the black women I know have natural hair and they might wear weave from time to time but it always looks good.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
All races wear weaves it’s just unnoticeable because it’s their natural texture.

I personally wear box braids and twists half of the time. If I want straight hair, I’d probably get a sew-in to straighten that over straightening my natural hair because of longevity, FL humidity and to not mess up my curls.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All races do it. Clip ins, wigs, half wigs, sew ins, micro links, tape ins, they even have this whole hair piece on a string that they put at the top of their head. It’s not only bw.

But SOOOO many black women have embraced their natural hair, why do we still have this discussion? Just look on YT or look for natural hair care forums and you’ll see tons of bw offering natural hair care tips to other bw. You guys act like the only weave bw wear is straight when plenty wear curly/wavy textured hair that matches our own hair. When I do wear weave I usually get curly textured hair and straighten it so it mimics my natural hair. Pretty much all the black women I know have natural hair and they might wear weave from time to time but it always looks good.
Good point I forgot about that . All it is ignorance from the male's part, and self hate/laziness from the females part when it comes to this topic. Don't Amara La Negra wear afro wigs too?

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
This you fam?

aguirre.jpg
No sir. This is me:

"Loved on every street corner
Hurts yo heart that you don't get that honor"

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No sir. This is me:

"Loved on every street corner
Hurts yo heart that you don't get that honor"

Ah so you're a Hattian-c00n who don't be around American black women to understand their grooming and styling habits like that. This is why this site hates black immigrants.

It all makes sense now though. :krs:

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
Is it true that women nowadays (mostly blk women) Are developing fibroids due to wearing weaves and putting chemicals in their hair? I hear this a lot and my ex started developing them. I can’t find anything legitimate correlating the two.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Show me those Afro weaves white women are wearing

That's not the question posed by the OP in the thread title. Women of all races use hair extenders or weaves. Focusing on black women is corny. But again the Coli is full of dudes who have zero engagement with women so it's not surprising they didn't know this.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Good point I forgot about that . All it is ignorance from the male's part, and self hate/laziness from the females part when it comes to this topic. Don't Amara La Negra wear afro wigs too?

I believe amaras Afro is hers but I know sza wears extensions but they look very similar to her natural hair.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Weaves and wigs look dumb. They just do. If women want to use them to because they personally like them, then so be it. But this does prove that women view the world through a goofy lens.

This

People can talk all this , "oh but other races do it too" shyt but that doesnt make it any better. These women are starting to look hideous with how common the frontal/lacefronts have become. Im tired of it

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Is it true that women nowadays (mostly blk women) Are developing fibroids due to wearing weaves and putting chemicals in their hair? I hear this a lot and my ex started developing them. I can’t find anything legitimate correlating the two.
Hair Relaxer Use and Risk of Uterine Leiomyomata in African-American Women

Volume 175
Issue 5

1 March 2012

Abstract

Hair relaxers are used by millions of black women, possibly exposing them to various chemicals through scalp lesions and burns. In the Black Women’s Health Study, the authors assessed hair relaxer use in relation to uterine leiomyomata incidence. In 1997, participants reported on hair relaxer use (age at first use, frequency, duration, number of burns, and type of formulation). From 1997 to 2009, 23,580 premenopausal women were followed for incident uterine leiomyomata. Multivariable Cox regression was used to estimate incidence rate ratios and 95% confidence intervals. During 199,991 person-years, 7,146 cases of uterine leiomyomata were reported as confirmed by ultrasound (n = 4,630) or surgery (n = 2,516). The incidence rate ratio comparing ever with never use of relaxers was 1.17 (95% confidence interval (CI): 1.06, 1.30). Positive trends were observed for frequency of use (Ptrend < 0.001), duration of use (Ptrend = 0.015), and number of burns (Ptrend < 0.001). Among long-term users (≥10 years), the incidence rate ratios for frequency of use categories 3–4, 5–6, and ≥7 versus 1–2 times/year were 1.04 (95% CI: 0.92, 1.19), 1.12 (95% CI: 0.99, 1.27), and 1.15 (95% CI: 1.01, 1.31), respectively (Ptrend = 0.002). Risk was unrelated to age at first use or type of formulation. These findings raise the hypothesis that hair relaxer use increases uterine leiomyomata risk.