What other race of women pays to put FAKE hair on top of their natural ones ?

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t care about weave, but nikkas are being disingenuous as fukk in here.

Y’all would be better off putting your fingers in your ears and hollering “nany nany boo boo”.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
How can you control the market or industry when the vast majority of that hair is grown in India?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Sister....it's gay that we are concerned with the shyt the women we like wear on their heads...?
:dwillhuh:

If all of a sudden nikkaz started wearing long weaves... Would that not concern u...as a black women, who I assume deals with black men..

This Convo is actually about a bigger issue in our communities.
About our beautiful women not wanting to look like their beautiful selves...
About how they are making a whole industry rich... Because the want to wear fake shyt that doesn't belong on their heads ..

Let's talk. I could be totally wrong
Brehs are already wearing weaves. There are celeb brehs who are getting braid styles where they use extension hair to pull off the look (ASAP Rocky is one of them I believe but there are others). Hell the woman who does my locs, says she's had to do some extensions for brehs who want instant locs. They're using hair from overseas. Brehs are also getting hair implants too.

Now personally, IDGAF what any other men does if he not's my man--it's just a hair style to me. And I tend to like men who sport clean tame fros or fades. I don't date brehs who have braids or locs or anything like that. It's my own preference (yeah I know it may seem hypocritical since I have locs myself but I don't like that hair style on men)--it's that easy for brehs who don't like weave.

And as for the bolded, what do brehs hope to accomplish by having conversations amongst other brehs about an issue largely pertaining to women? Is an echo chamber full of men speaking on women's hair going to do anything about what women choose to do with their hair LOL? If the issue is about how women feel about themselves and them wearing fake hair--then is it not an issue that the women need to work out and resolve? What can you do about it as a breh--are you going to do their hair for those women, build their self esteem up so they take off the weave?

If they're making an industry rich, and what? That's those women's money, they can do what they want. I know many brehettes that are selling their own hair, have their own salons and are doing their own thing but honestly it's neither here or there. If we're going to talk about making an industry rich, why don't brehs talk about the NFL and how despite the number of black footballer players there are, there's no black ownership. White men are getting rich of those players backs: https://www.sportscasting.com/tim-t...inion-on-national-anthem-protests-in-the-nfl/

So again, if we're going to focus on how brehettes are the only women who wear "other" hair then yes I'm going to call out that brehs are the only men who are this pressed about hair when they can focus on other things.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And as for the bolded, what do brehs hope to accomplish by having conversations amongst other brehs about an issue largely pertaining to women? Is an echo chamber full of men speaking on women's hair going to do anything about what women choose to do with their hair LOL? If the issue is about how women feel about themselves and them wearing fake hair--then is it not an issue that the women need to work out and resolve? What can you do about it as a breh--are you going to do their hair for those women, build their self esteem up so they take off the weave?
I already said this. Now that a female said it, can the mods lock and bush this c00n ass thread?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Its this simple.

Same for women who complain about certain aspects of mens appearance. They can just decide to not date said men.

Im not going out of my way to bash men, i think this kinda behavior is just weird all the way around.

I would agree with brehs caring so much if it was impossible to find black women without blonde weaves etc etc.

But, at least in my circle, most women rocking natural styles, so i know they exist

Exactly. I only have one friend who always wears weaves. Everyone else is natural. I have locs. One of my girls wears her hair loose and curly. Two of them get their hair straightened every two weeks (with a flat iron) but they put no chemicals in it.

I mean at the end of the day, there are plenty of brehettes who are natural these days. If brehs want to focus on the ones who aren't, then... I guess it is what it is, but I'm always going to see it as weird for men to be that invested in hair.

Last edited:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Yep. If other races of women are wearing these hair hats so much. Where are they acquiring them?
:jbhmm:
Online lol. Many white girls wear tracks, extensions, etc. And they get their hair online--they pay for that good shyt--their extensions are expensive but last them a while. I mean Kylie Jenner has her own brand of extension hair that she sells online...

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Kindly stop this. You are attempting to defend the indefensible.
Nope. I don’t even like weave. But the faux concern trolling over blk female hair politics while simultaneously ignoring the strides millions of blk women have made to fight for themselves in spite of hate from within our own community AND the rest of the world is sheer ignorance.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Online lol. Many white girls wear tracks, extensions, etc. And they get their hair online--they pay for that good shyt--their extensions are expensive but last them a while. I mean Kylie Jenner has her own brand of extension hair that she sells online...
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4437786a4e5f50664247393959773d3d2d3636343137333631352e313536666331663130343865313932383435393230333434303539302e676966

I just asked a question. You ain't have to bite my head of brehette.
:picard:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4437786a4e5f50664247393959773d3d2d3636343137333631352e313536666331663130343865313932383435393230333434303539302e676966

I just asked a question. You ain't have to bite my head of brehette.
:picard:
I wasn't. You asked where they get it, and I was letting you know where--online. And their hair actually is more expensive than the weaves and hair BW purchase. WW get that strand by strand fusion extensions or I-tip/micro-bead extensions. They also wear hair clip ins and wigs. You can do a search on youtube and find WW doing reviews on wigs and hair clip ins. I listen to ASMR and there have been white ASMRtist and Latina ones doing hair clip in reviews in whisper voices lol... That's how widespread extensions are at this point. For them it's not just about length, it's also about volume--they want their hair to look fuller and longer. They also dye their hair like crazy--many want to be "blonde" but it's not their natural hair color. They just know it's the coveted look in their community.

Just like makeup, extensions/ weave are something a lot of WOMEN in general are doing these days, regardless of the race. BW get flack for it, for the texture (which I get) but at the end of the day for many women, hair and make up are beauty accessories. That's why when men talk about it, they end up walking away learning more than what they know... Because it's not a man's arena.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I don’t even like weave. But the faux concern trolling over blk female hair politics while simultaneously ignoring the strides millions of blk women have made to fight for themselves in spite of hate from within our own community AND the rest of the world is sheer ignorance.

No. It's not just trolling, nor any social politics. I typically leave you be in your academic bubble, but this is a very serious issue that will not be ignored no matter how hard you try. Black women, here an everywhere else, are a part of something larger than themselves. The practices regarding hair are affecting physiological and psychological health of not just themselves but their entire families, and span generations. From cancers to reproductive problems to allergies, it's all been there to see for decades and you refuse to listen. Your wanting to focus on the more recent natural hair "movement", such as it is, in no way even begins to overtake those facts. It's as bad as the HBCU cheerleaders around here who will post thread after thread about how great stuff is while ignoring all else. You don't improve without honest analysis as to what the problems actually are.

The ladies who have smartened up are who they are and will forever get love and preference from me personally, but that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. For those of you reading this who that applies to, respect due. If you're reading this and feeling a way because you feel you never get enough props nor credit for being on point, then that's a self-esteem issue and not.the.point. Everything ain't just about you and your need to have your ego stroked. You're not twelve. Cut it out.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Since I'm the resident Garveyite, it should be no surprise that I made this thread. As I usually call it, it's a psychosis. Instilled in us by so-called people who never had our best interest at heart. Afrikan women are the worse when it comes to hair-hats (that's what they are) because they just look like shyt but regardless it's a crying shame. What's even worse is that we don't control the market or industry. Ninja, there's been women I've worked with and NEVER seen their natural hair. This is crazy but lemme guess—:manny:

Amirite?
I'm sure that didn't matter when you was out there buying village hoes for $5 or less.
:scust:
Funny you mention Garvey:
hPrNHQC.jpg

"why, it is so soft"
"Oh but it is so Alive" :mjpls:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I get my dreads retwisted by a Jamaican woman and she told me a majority of her clients are non-black women getting hair extensions.