What Now Kyle? 2024 49ers Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
the difference between Aiyuk's number and SF's number is... basically the money they're paying Trent Taylor?

:francis:

if they don't jettison this man Trent and go hand that nikka Aiyuk a bag with an additional half-bag in steep incentives so he's motivated to go earn the damn money instead of getting paid and falling off.

like Deebo.
like Bosa.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the difference between Aiyuk's number and SF's number is... basically the money they're paying Trent Taylor?

if they don't jettison this man Trent and go hand that nikka Aiyuk a bag with an additional half-bag in steep incentives so he's motivated to go earn the damn money instead of getting paid and falling off.

like Deebo.
like Bosa.
I'm always surprised when they try to save peanuts then sign bunch of bodies for camp etc that all add up to the difference lol

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I am legitimately concerned about T though.
Not just this year, but in general. because it seems like it isn't a FO priority.
Meanwhile, we've had bad RT play for 5+ years and LT is only not an issue because we have an All-Time LT who... is my age and damn sure ain't gonna be a long-term solution 2, 3 years from now.
And they saw what not protecting their QB did two years ago.

I'm happy to hear Puni seems to be going well.
But they need to get this T situation figured the fukk out and it shoulda been getting handled 2 years ago at this point. We know OL are rarely plug-and-play in this system, and Ts even less-so.
They aren't leaving themselves money to go out and buy a T.
So... is the plan to pay Brock a bunch of money and say 'good luck nikka' and see how mobile he actually is? :gucci:
Even with the Aiyuk question... if they'd spent Pearsall and Cowings' draft picks on linemen I wouldn't have had a single problem.
The fact that they spent neither on it has me real worried, because Kyle's vaunted offense does not work without solid line play. You can't scheme a man open if the QB is in literal pieces on the ground.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

like Deebo.
like Bosa.
there aint no way taylor is making the roster

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
remember when Stacks and Bourne had the same hairstyle?

yeah.
this pointless feud has been going on long enough that that was a real thing that happened.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
there aint no way taylor is making the roster
if Aiyuk is traded and they dont get WR back and Pearsall is injured to start the season....I at least expect him to be on PS and get elevated

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
if Aiyuk is traded and they dont get WR back and Pearsall is injured to start the season....I at least expect him to be on PS and get elevated
if Trent Taylor make this roster in any way shape or form and Danny Grey don't, I'mma need to speak with someone in the complaints department.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if Trent Taylor make this roster in any way shape or form and Danny Grey don't, I'mma need to speak with someone in the complaints department.
I dont see him making it initially because no one wants trent fukking taylor lol so theyll just put him on PS

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they get rid of the service time for practice squad players? I remember there was a limit for like 3 years of service time

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I think I said it last year, but Willis' destiny as a half-back/move TE/FB is seeming en route to being realized, and I think ultimately he'll be on the roster long after Latu is headed off to play backup in NV.
It's an overlooked spot to save money, but as much as #44 is a help, he's paid a lot for lead blocks that aren't nearly as important since #71 got to town.

Being able to take that salary and Mooney's money off-book potentially next year could be enough to more than bridge whatever they're separated with Aiyuk, for what will ultimately end up an upgrade after growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.