What NFL players are going to want to live in freaking London!?

Daps
Be ignorant and proud, brehs.

London-skyline.jpg

:ohhh:All this time i thought they went to work using Carriages but it seems like they have cars:ohhh:

Daps
Team in London just won't work.

London is an expensive place to live and them taxes! Players will not want to come live here and play here trust me. Desperate players will but if you have any option to play elsewhere they will play elsewhere.

AND

The London fan base will be horrible, home games will be filled with fans wearing jerseys of pretty much every team in the L.

I went to the chargers-saints game in London a few years ago with my friend who is a chargers fan and I saw more Brady jerseys than saints and chargers combined!

Daps
:dead:

Yeah, you may run into some "I don't want to live there" at first, but when the alternative is Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City etc you better believe once the word gets out about how dope London is and how close France is dudes wouldn't have any objections to living there.

London is a world class city, only NYC compares to it in the US.

How close France is? You think players gonna spend a decent amount of their time flying over to Paris? Off season they are on a flight straight back home and or to Vegas.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team in London just won't work.

London is an expensive place to live and them taxes! Players will not want to come live here and play here trust me. Desperate players will but if you have any option to play elsewhere they will play elsewhere.

AND

The London fan base will be horrible, home games will be filled with fans wearing jerseys of pretty much every team in the L.

I went to the chargers-saints game in London a few years ago with my friend who is a chargers fan and I saw more Brady jerseys than saints and chargers combined!
I don't get the jersey argument. Maybe they're wearing the jerseys of those teams now because they don't have their own team yet ??

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
whats the tax rate in london compared to say america?

Players will play wherever.

Just like in the nba when it came to canada no one wanted to play in toronto or vancouver, but the players who actually did ended up loving the city (ex michael dikkerson still lives in vancouver) and a bunch of ex raptors still maintain residence in toronto

same thign would happen in london nikkaz would fall in love have familieis, move and love it etc. if it were to happen

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
How close France is? You think players gonna spend a decent amount of their time flying over to Paris? Off season they are on a flight straight back home and or to Vegas.

During the season you can bet dudes would spend time in France, 2 hours by train and 1 hour by plane isn't much for rich young dudes.

Daps
I don't get the jersey argument. Maybe they're wearing the jerseys of those teams now because they don't have their own team yet ??

My point is, it's a novelty! They turn out because it's American football and it's not common to have a game in London. Trust me, people will not latch onto a London based team. Actual NFL fans in London have supported their teams for years and will probably only watch the London team when their team are against them.

Imagine say Liverpool football team up and moved to Chicago....you think anybody gonna give a fukk after that early novelty goes?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I've been to Paris and I don't doubt they may go there but it's only good for a week.

I know you're a Euro bruv, but that would all be new to Americans, especially for the dudes from some more back water states. And they don't need to live there, to me Miami is only good for a week, yet people are there all the time.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Serious question. Are US taxes really that more favourable than these?

Basic rate: 20% - £0 to £31,865
Higher rate: 40% - £31,866 to £150,000
Additional rate: 45% - Over £150,000

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
they did when nfl europe was around
they do in nasty ass cdn cities for the cfl/nhl
they do in buffalo, greenbay

london is one of the best cities in the world they would.

LOL @ this bullshyt. How many big time free agents have signed to play with a Canadian team? Remember when Steve Francis was drafted by the Vancouver Grizzlies and forced them to trade him because he didn't want to play in Canada? How come whenever the Toronto Raptors get a star player they leave at the first chance (Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Chris Bosh). When people have the choice they choose not to live in Canada.

What you Canadians and Euros don't understand is that Americans love living in America. They love American culture and American food and American clubs and American women. Do you really think Peyton Manning wants to live in fukking London with a bunch of Pakistanis and Bengalis and Afghanis and Punjabis and go to clubs to dance to house music? fukk that shyt.

Traveling to foreign cities is a great experience but the overwhelming majority of people want to live in their home country with their home culture. The thread starter is 100% right when he says most NFL players would not be interested in playing in London.