What NFL players are going to want to live in freaking London!?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I bet if you polled most professional athletes(especially younger guys right out of school) they'd prefer to play close to home. The allure of playing in a big city only really appeals to the stars it seems. The culture shock alone from going to the south into the north is drastic enough.

I wouldn't care where I played, the check clears the same in Minnesota as it does NYC, and I wouldn't be living in the US during the offseason :mjpls:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I wouldn't care where I played, the check clears the same in Minnesota as it does NYC, and I wouldn't be living in the US during the offseason :mjpls:

Me neither....but a lot of younger cats seem to be hermits. :manny:

Daps
I bet if you polled most professional athletes(especially younger guys right out of school) they'd prefer to play close to home. The allure of playing in a big city only really appeals to the stars it seems. The culture/weather shock alone from going to the south into the north is drastic enough.

I mean yea, but that wouldn't stop them from going to make that money. Their counterparts in bball travel to places like Bamberg, Germany to get that pro sports money, but we're supposed to believe nfl cats would be like :whoa: to London?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I mean yea, but that wouldn't stop them from going to make that money. Their counterparts in bball travel to places like Bamberg, Germany to get that pro sports money, but we're supposed to believe nfl cats would be like :whoa: to London?

Obviously guys are going to go where the check is...but my guess is if you were to poll guys coming out of college where they'd like to play- the majority would want to be close to family/friends.

Daps
Obviously guys are going to go where the check is...but my guess is if you were to poll guys coming out of college where they'd like to play- the majority would want to be close to family/friends.

Ya, i don't think anyone disagrees with that....there's folks in this thread acting like they would completely shun living in London.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

NFL just needs to stop with this pipe dream.Unless they are going to still have the team facilities in the U.S. where they players can still live here.Basically it would be like a away game every home game.Nobody is going to try to hear this bullshyt. :camby:
better then anywhere in flyover country...

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Banging super models like the EPL guys do, going to movie premieres that London gets before the USA, Nike exclusives from Size? and JD Sports, all rappers do concerts in London, by weeks being spent in Barcelona or Ibiza. Sign me up for that life.

Kendrick concert in London

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

Could be. I'm not really sure. I think most would just want to take advantage of the best opportunity. Whether that means the team closest to where they were raised, or the team thats going to be able to offer the most playing time, or the team thats going to help build up their brand...etc.

Obviously if you ask someone, "would you rather play for a team in the US, or play for a team in a foreign country?" they're all gonna say the US. But I think a team in London can be successful.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know you're a Euro bruv, but that would all be new to Americans, especially for the dudes from some more back water states. And they don't need to live there, to me Miami is only good for a week, yet people are there all the time.

Yea my cousins are British and going to Ibiza, south of France and Mykonos is very much "been there, done that" status....these nikkas are there every summer but when I tell them I'm off to Vegas, they're on some :ohlawd::ooh::banderas:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those fans don't understand our game.

They would cheer loudly when Jax scored their last TD althogh they were being blown out.

It's a waste of time.

Just play pre season games overseas and that's it

:heh: Uh, actually a lot were also probably cheering because that last TD put the game over the betting total. Gambling is rampant in England and there's a huge market there for it if the NFL becomes bigger there.