What movie terrified you enough to never watch it again for years... if ever?

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:palm:Candyman :ohmy::no:...........watched once when it dropped on VHS & never again!!! (It probably took 2 years after it was in theaters to come out on tape back in the day, compared to the 2 week turnaround from movie theaters to "on demand" now)

The ONLY movie that scared the shyt outta me. Used to laugh at Freddy & love Friday the 13th & Halloween type flicks. Anytime Candymans brought up, I can still remember how shook I was when I was a kid & still won't fukk with it now. That motherfukker was & still is the most demonic looking bullshyt I've ever seen.
And.......I'll never come back in this thread out of fear that someone posts something from it :whoa::whoa:

Sitting here,
33 years old :flabbynsick:
and still won't even look at the movie poster out of straight childhood fear :lupe:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
A lot of "Candyman" mentions. Did you guys see the sequel? I actually went to the theater to see it. It wasn't as scary as part 1 but the opening had people screaming in the theater, lol. I never gave the third movie a chance, it was straight to video:

220px-Candyman_farewell_to_the_flesh_poster.jpg

Candyman_3_----_Day_of_the_Dead_------_DVD_cover.jpg

This movie scared me in the 80's. It was about voodoo and being buried alive and stars Bill Pullman. Wes Craven and Clive Barker had some sick imaginiations, lol:

250px-Serpentandtherainbow.png

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
there were movies that terrified me, but honestly none that I was like, "No! I'm not watching that movie for a LOOOOONG time". I was TERRIFIED of the Exorcist and my parents let me watch it with them when I was young as fukk. I assume they expected I would end up running out of the room but I would just hide under the covers when shyt got too real for me, but it was fun/an adrenaline rush at the same time. So even though that scared the hell out of me I still rewatched it down the road because I wanted to obviously see how scared my friends would be when they came over and watched the movie as well. Chucky from Child's Play used to scared the shyt out of me, I must've seen that when I was really really really young, probably younger then most other horror films because I remember my older sisters renting it and watching it and I saw certain parts of it even though I wasn't technically allowed to watch it. What scared me most was how fukking FAST Chucky could run and how fast his legs moved when they have that shot of him running behind the couch so you only see his legs moving. My sisters fukked with me for years with that Chucky shyt. I also had a "My Buddy" Doll that I immediately tossed into the basement after seeing the film, then, for years if I had to go into the basement I would fukking run as fast as I could and get what I needed then run back upstairs because I was scared of him. But I don't recall making a conscious effort to not watch the movie, as I saw some of the sequels.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I gotta agree with many brehs with Candyman. That nikka def had me shook. I'm 31 now and still wouldn't dare say his name in the mirror. :pachaha:

Another one I could say is the Night of the Living Dead. This is mainly cause I grew up in a house where the backyard leads up a hill. At the top of the hill, there's some yard and a fence. Over that fence, you're in a cemetery. That's right, from the top floor of the house, you can look right into the cemetery (if you didn't go up the hill). It's a pretty big cemetery that peels back for a line of houses along this street. When I was younger, one of my biggest fears was seeing some zombie walking around in that cemetery. I know, I know. :mjcry:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

Okay, I'll bite

Now, I had the same curiosity of Requiem For a Dream and yea, that joint was creepy

I thought this movie was just about a dude having his memories of his ex erased...what's the deal with it?

Never watching it again:francis:

12-years-a-slave-dvd-cover.jpg

I may watch the Brad Pitt version though:jbhmm:

rs_634x885-131227122201-643-12-years-slave-brad-pitt.jpg

:russ:

But, after I saw the clip of Lupita and the soap...HELL NO i was watching that

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
TBH horror movies don't really scare me they're more comedy than anything else and slasher movies are just :scusthov:

HOWEVER

The found footage style horror movies get me every time for some reason. Blair Witch, The Fourth Kind, Paranormal Activity, etc.

PA wasn't shyt though until the bedroom scenes where they speed up the footage. That shyt had me straight :lupe: I was watching w/ my girl tryna act not scared giving her the :leostare: but in my mind was more like :ohhh: when the invisible demon dragged her out the bed.

I couldn't sleep right for a few days after that and still refuse to ever watch another PA movie

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Michael, Jason and Freddy gave 80's babies nightmares for a decade, lol.

before-freddy-or-jason-there-was-michael-myers-a-look-back-at-halloween-of-1978-652431.jpg

The scariest "Holloween" was the first one. I think the first "Friday The 13th" was scary as well and the twist at the end was crazy. But I wasn't truely scared of "Friday the 13th" until Jason came into play. Freddy got really comical by the end of the franchise but early Freddy has us all shook to go to sleep. The original "Nightmare on Elm St" is still scary as f*ck till this day.
Nightmare on Elm.....that dude got you when you slept!!!!!! Such a great concept.

I was a grown ass man and couldn't shake Event Horizon from my mind for weeks. Still don't like to watch it to this day.