Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
This is how I view the world

I see people who are PC users usually are android users

And this type of person usually tries to have all the sense about things.

Now Take an apple user( I only use apple products)
Who uses a macbook and iphone the software and hardware functionality is far superior to the pc and android user.

And I can run whatever OS i need to on my mac.

I hate texting people with android and they dont have imessage :scust:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Apple Customer service is what won me over. My Macbook was delivered to my leasing office instead of my address. They thought it was stolen, apple was willing to send me a brand new macbook when it was just miscommunication error between UPS.
If you didn't get that second laptop . . :demonic:

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
:mjlol: @ people still clowning Apple prices in 2015. Your POS windows laptop you purchased in 2013 is a bloated mess and you couldn't give that shyt away to a homeless person. Meanwhile my Retina runs like the day I got it and I can sell it for pretty close to retail.

This kinda feels about right. I have a suspicion those windows updates so do anything besides making the OS require more ram just to run bassline

Codeine Crazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Let these nikkas be clowns breh, thinking they saving money and shyt:mjlol:

And see, for 500 you copped a Mac with better specs and newer than mines, while these nikkas copping sub $500 trash just because the "specs are higher" and just because it's cheaper... These nikkas never heard the saying "you get what you paid for" or nothing..

If you've ever owned a Mac and a person who finds quality > everything else then you would never make dumbass statements regarding that mac-life
$1300-$1500 tho.... Cmon son... :dahell: shyt still gets the :camby: from me. Price tag way outta line shyt doesn't even have a blu-ray/Rw drive. :mjlol:
i haven't put a cd in my windows computer in at least four years.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug: whats wrong with an optical drive some of us still go to training events where people hand out cds. :what:
I have an expensive desktop running windows for that. And even then the only CDs i put in that thing are for gaming, which is few and far between when i'm not just doing digital downloads. Most people are not using CDs like that these days. Most people want a laptop that is light and portable. Flash hard drives and no optical drives make laptops exponentially lighter than ones with them.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have an expensive desktop running windows for that. And even then the only CDs i put in that thing are for gaming, which is few and far between when i'm not just doing digital downloads. Most people are not using CDs like that these days. Most people want a laptop that is light and portable. Flash hard drives and no optical drives make laptops exponentially lighter than ones with them.

thats kind of true but the DOD and Goverment still uses a lot of CDs especially for training/classes. I have a new retina and i think i may need to invest in one of the portable optical drives...But ill hold off as long as I can...Because i rarely need one but when I do its info on a disc that I need to access.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
thats kind of true but the DOD and Goverment still uses a lot of CDs especially for training/classes. I have a new retina and i think i may need to invest in one of the portable optical drives...But ill hold off as long as I can...Because i rarely need one but when I do its info on a disc that I need to access.
all the training I do outside of classes are on disc....and I just like to have that option to be honest....like when I was traveling with my niece, no internet, I was able to shut her up with a dvd of frozen :manny:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all the training I do outside of classes are on disc....and I just like to have that option to be honest....like when I was traveling with my niece, no internet, I was able to shut her up with a dvd of frozen :manny:

Exactly I see nothing wrong with optical drives I mean I may not be the biggest blu Ray supporter but if your spending an arm and leg you may as well have the capability to play a disc...2000 dollar PCs without the ability to do work.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I've decided I'm going to wait for Skylake or Cannonlake . . What do you guys think? I'm currently out of a laptop right now with my dV7 just hitting the bricks so I'm thinking of just getting a cheap laptop to hold me over until a new MacBook Pro drops, I'm going to get a custom built with maxed out RAM and hard drive and I want that pre-loaded with FinalCut, ProTools and Photoshop

Here's Intel's projected release schedule, kinda crazy how they got this down to a science - my last laptop was Intel Core i7 - either Ivy Bridge or the one before that. 1 TB hard drive. I need to clear the information off that and out it on an external hard drive - any advice on how to do that myself without paying $150 to GeekSquad?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Tick-Tock

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
If your focus is gaming then Windows is for you.

But overall NO windows laptop is touching Apple. Like others have said, my macbook I got in 2010 and its STILL going. No windows laptop I had lasted more than 2 years.

Macbook quality and life >>>>>

You may not get enough power for your buck but having my laptop work 100% of the time I turn it on is more important.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
If your focus is gaming then Windows is for you.

But overall NO windows laptop is touching Apple. Like others have said, my macbook I got in 2010 and its STILL going. No windows laptop I had lasted more than 2 years.

Macbook quality and life >>>>>

You may not get enough power for your buck but having my laptop work 100% of the time I turn it on is more important.

My theory is albeit lower hardware specs, the software runs at a lower requirement then Windows and thus you have a more seamless experience. I may be wrong as I've done no research on it but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Please chime in if you have a better explanation. I'm completely impartial here and even with Windows familiarity I realize that my next laptop will be a very different OS anyway as I've had Windows 7 and I don't really like Windows 8 interface. I've barely used Mac OS and to be honest the interface isn't exactly second nature to me, it takes me a bit to get around but I've gotten my hands on a 2010 MacBooks and it ran so smooth. What I don't like about Windows 8 is I don't like the operating system to be showy, the operating system shouldn't be all I'm the videos . . dancing. It should be behind the scenes, barely recognizable. Easy to navigate, I don't want it all in my face reminding me what I'm using with it's trademark interface. I wanna find my files not navigate through useless colorful screens with apps and such. One thing I wish Apple would do would be to open up the iPhone a but, I'd like to be able to use it as a mobile storage medium to carry files and transfer them without using weird third-party apps

Gaming is a non factor for me but if I did get a Windows it would be the Sony Vaio 2-in-1 but I'm totally leaning toward a Mac mostly for the supposed reliability and it being the runaway standard for creative people.

Once again, I wanna thank everybody for the perspective and feedback