What keeps me from buying a MacBook . .

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I have 2015 Macbook Pro and no issues the little quality of life stuff is what I like the most using it with my iPhone for messages, airdrop, notes etc is great oh and the best track pad I've ever used. In the rare occasion I need to use Windows I can booth that too.

Prior to this laptop I had gone through 2 joints from HP and Lenovo both had some sort of issue (with power bricks, dead HDD, flaky clicky mouse pads, dead USB ports, bad hinges etc) within a year or so of purchasing and dealing with some Indian morons on the phone, to charge extra to send the shyt in for repair killed Windows laptops for me. I'm waiting to upgrade in a year or two once the Apple silicon joints are more prevalent.

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is the year I pulled the trigger on getting a new Macbook Pro. I have one that held me down fro 2011-2018 (still works, just really slow), held me down through community college all the way to grad school. I've been getting more involved in music production and wanted something powerful and mobile. I copped the 16'' and kind of overcompensated with 64 GB of ram to future proof for at least 5 years. I just got it about a week ago but I like it thus far :manny:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I got a Macbook from 2012 as a back-up laptop and it still runs perfectly :manny:

Only downsides with MBPs over time are the chargers in my experience. I went through about 3-4 different chargers because they'll work for about a year or two then die.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
From my POV pretty much everyone that picks up a MacBook continues to use it as their main computer.

• My sister is still using her MacBook Pro she got in 2012 for work etc. (Only issue she has told me about was filling up her HDD and having to buy an external HDD)

• I got my first MacBook in 2006 (Black one) everyone told me I was dumb for spending so much. Long story short, I used that until 2014 meanwhile all those folks calling me names went through multiple laptops.

• In 2014 I jumped on an "open box" 2012 MacBook Air. Gave that one to my girl, uses it daily and for work (Only complaint is the charger falling apart) when I came across a deal for the 2016 MacBook Pro
  • As others have mentioned, resell value holds like crazy.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I’ll wait patiently to see what the next gen Macs with the Apple chips look like. My 27 in iMac is ready to retire right along with a 2016 MBP but I really want there to be a non Touch Bar top. That Touch Bar is an absolute piece of shyt and a gimmick that sometimes doesn’t even work for basic shyt like changing a song on Spotify.