What keeps me from buying a MacBook . .

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If your focus is gaming then Windows is for you.

But overall NO windows laptop is touching Apple. Like others have said, my macbook I got in 2010 and its STILL going. No windows laptop I had lasted more than 2 years.

Macbook quality and life >>>>>

You may not get enough power for your buck but having my laptop work 100% of the time I turn it on is more important.

:camby: this argument , reminds of the iphone camera argument , Ive had my current windows laptop for 4 years, still works just fine, my previous one had it for 5 years ONLY got rid of it , cause my sis needed a laptop and there was a sale when i got this one

have owned 3 windows laptops over the past 12 years, never had one stop working on me etc , it all depends on how you use them

The one thing Macs do have is very good resale value

but :heh: @ the argument that windows laptops just stop workin for no reason

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
:camby: this argument , reminds of the iphone camera argument , Ive had my current windows laptop for 4 years, still works just fine, my previous one had it for 5 years ONLY got rid of it , cause my sis needed a laptop and there was a sale when i got this one

have owned 3 windows laptops over the past 12 years, never had one stop working on me etc , it all depends on how you use them

You're in the minority bruh. Most people with windows laptops are thinking about throwing out their comp after a year or two. Theres a reason most people who have had a MacBook say it's the best decision ever to switch.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I have a very expensive windows laptop thats lasted 5 years and still gets used today. If you're trying to get the value of Macbook out of a cheap Windows computer you'll fail hard.

Buy an expensive windows computer and it'll last just as long if not longer.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
You're in the minority bruh. Most people with windows laptops are thinking about throwing out their comp after a year or two. Theres a reason most people who have had a MacBook say it's the best decision ever to switch.
Facts. Everyday I look at my Mac and smile :wow: EVERY windows laptop I had turned to shyt after a year and change. shyt would start blue screening, fans would sound like an xbox 360, not to mention they would look dated as fukk. One of the best things about MacBooks is that they pretty much all look the same. I can put my late 2013 retina next to the one that just cam out and nobody would know my shyt is 2 years old. Plus they hold value. My Mac still runs fast as hell like the day I bought it & I do MORE shyt on this than I did on my windows laptops.

With how long it looks like i'ma have this Mac, it looks like i'ma actually save money by not having to buy laptops every 1 1/2-2 years.

Daps
I feel you. I just bout a 15" MBP late last year. Its so :ahh:

But when I found out Apple was going to do an announcement this month I was like :lupe: I know I'm not going to always have the latest and greatest but I didn't expect it to get replaced so soon.

Good thing they didn't update the MBP this year.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
There are def ppl who buy them b/c they just want a macbook to be "in". I agree, in my post I said that macpros are legit amazing machines and are industry standards. You dont have to tell me...i won a PC and a Pro. Each have diff uses for what i use them for. But the majority of the starbucks crowd, college crowd, etc couldnt tell you one thing about why they picked a pro over a pc. They only use them as a word processor and chromebook :heh:
i use the pc's i have for training only. I don't know anyone who has them because they're "in style" or do shyt like go to Starbucks to show them off..

Sounds like yall been watching too many white boy movies.. That shyt doesn't happen IRL where I'm from. Most people I know use it because they love the quality, style, OS, durability, and lack of regular maintenance
That's usually the excuse broke nighas use to make themselves feel better for not owning one

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Lol at wanting an optical drive on your laptop :mjlol:

If I travel I run into dead zones I don't always have hot spots for streaming so I buy blu-rays or DVD'S in a binder. What good is your macbook $1300 but no optical drive but you can't watch blurays?! :dahell:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
i use the pc's i have for training only. I don't know anyone who has them because they're "in style" or do shyt like go to Starbucks to show them off..

Sounds like yall been watching too many white boy movies.. That shyt doesn't happen IRL where I'm from. Most people I know use it because they love the quality, style, OS, durability, and lack of regular maintenance
:heh: ya these white girls in college def asked daddy for a new MacBook bc they liked the OS and durability. Macs are fashion statements just like iPhones. Nothing wrong with that.

And go to Starbucks in any major city. Students and authors don't use Macs for anything that stresses the system. It's a lifestyle.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the fukk are you nikkas doing where your laptops stop working after 2 years????

ive had my laptop since like 08-09 this shyt still rockin n i use it all the fuking time

:mjlol: i know shyt making me look at them like....

tumblr_mzyzo0MzfQ1r8q9x8o1_500.gif

wtf yall nikkas be doing to these PCs??? :heh: i had my dell laptop for 6 years before it blew out.... wtf was yall doing....?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i like macbook because i dont have to have spyware protector, ad aware, anti virus program etc

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man...Some of those $300 laptops are bricks. They fully stop working. Acer, HP, etc...trash.

I have no dog in this race but some PCs are trash and do not stand up to the test of time. I have a macbook now and my next laptop may most likely be a PC. A top end PC with Windows is still a better experience for me than a Macbook with OSX.