What keeps me from buying a MacBook . .

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody knows Windows is shyt when it comes to longevity. File corruption, spyware/malware, disk fragmentation, infinite windows updates, keeping up with drivers, ect....

Over time if you don't stay on top of that shyt you are gonna be reformatting. With mac you literally don't have to worry about the large majority of that.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Battling some motherfukker over a 2012 Macbook on Ebay. He last bidded 350. I figuratively told him to fukk off and bid $400.

He hasn't bid again yet :jawalrus:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Can anyone explain the new gold Macbook to me? The size and everything is cool but what's up with that USB shyt :wtf:

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If your focus is gaming then Windows is for you.

But overall NO windows laptop is touching Apple. Like others have said, my macbook I got in 2010 and its STILL going. No windows laptop I had lasted more than 2 years.

Macbook quality and life >>>>>

You may not get enough power for your buck but having my laptop work 100% of the time I turn it on is more important.
wtf do you nikkas be doing on your computer when it can't even last 2 years :what:

my current dell which I only store music on is 4 years strong and outside of it being slow as hell because I didn't update it in months it still runs good.

the only problem I had like this was a Toshiba I had bought in college back about 7-8 years ago and there was a short where you plug in the charger at.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wtf do you nikkas be doing on your computer when it can't even last 2 years :what:

my current dell which I only store music on is 4 years strong and outside of it being slow as hell because I didn't update it in months it still runs good.

the only problem I had like this was a Toshiba I had bought in college back about 7-8 years ago and there was a short where you plug in the charger at.

I bought a dell. It was faulty out the box. Had to return it.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:wow: @ the misinformation in here.

Windows machines are definitely more susceptible to viruses, malware and adware but you won't get any of that shyt if you prepare your machine properly and use it wisely. I haven't had a virus in well over a decade.

Also, avoiding known bad sites is good too. I fix windows laptops as a side hustle once in a while and the biggest question I get is "where do you go to get the new movies, I think my site messed my computer up" :heh:

For me, Macbooks have better build quality than 99.9% of Windows laptops and are truly worth every penny. I used to be on that fukk Apple train because of the steep buy-in price, but I broke down and got one. I boughot an Air in 2013 and it works (and looks) just as good as day one. The $500 Windows laptops just don't compare. They're usually mostly plastic, heavier, bulkier, run hotter, and have a fraction of the battery life.
you can always install linux :rudy:

nikkas trying to turn this into a windows vs Macbook thread. :heh: and if you really about that life you can still install Yosemite on a PC....

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
you can always install linux :rudy:

nikkas trying to turn this into a windows vs Macbook thread. :heh: and if you really about that life you can still install Yosemite on a PC....

Read the full thread. I agree on the linux point. I was just replying to everybody making the Windows vs. Mac argument about viruses when you're going to eventually get fukked up doing dumb shyt anyway.

I'm also about that Hackintosh life :wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
my boy says he's had his for 5+ years and it still runs great, so he's definitely getting his money's worth. my laptop is like 3 years old, and it's due to get replaced.

I think the next laptop I get is gonna be a macbook as well. my wife recently won one in a raffle, and I had never really messed with it. but I got the remote desktop software installed so I could get on a windows machine (for work), and it was certainly much smoother and moving faster than windows.

only downside, is I'm not looking to drop $1500 on a computer in this day and age. shyt seems ridiculous. Even tho the battery life on them macbooks are like 10 hours tho.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
only downside, is I'm not looking to drop $1500 on a computer in this day and age. shyt seems ridiculous. Even tho the battery life on them macbooks are like 10 hours tho.

I was the same way, but the battery life, weight, build quality and overall smoothness of everything made it worth the cost.

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
Between me and my wife, we have had about 5 PC desktop/laptops in 10 yrs. They just get bloated and slow so easily.... We just got a new desktop a year ago, a week into it, we had to reinstall windows 3 times!!! I got so much virus, ad-aware and all other kinds of protection it feels crazy... ad blockers, flash blockers, virus protection, firewalls, it takes damn near 15min to boot. and if you dont restart it every so often, it boggs down.... Seems like i always run into this problem with PCs. Some sooner than later, but you always have to reinstall windows to get that fresh feel again.

I got a Macbook Pro for xmas, i havnt installed anything as far as protection, and i havnt had a problem yet, It runs just as smooth as when i first booted it up. So far i dont regret this purchase.

edit: The software availability sucks though. Windows has so many options... but i havnt had many problems with the quality of the software.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
osx is :trash: :scust: :camby:

pay $800 for a little apple light brehs :mjlol: :russ:

spent 350 on a refurbished lenovo in 2013, copped 8 gb of ram, 256 gb ssd. not more than $700 :obama:

everyone said it would be a piece of shyt :wow: the first few weeks before the ssd was :wow: they said windows 8 is ugly af :wow: look at me now mama :mjcry:

fast forward to 2015 and my boy with a 2012 macbook pro stays lagging and im over here like :smugfavre::smugfavre::smugfavre:

and windows 10 by the end of the year :wow: thank you based microsoft

but should i venture into linux??? pc heads school me

edit: and this battery life. i haven't pulled out my charger since yesterday :blessed:

Last edited:

GotEmShook

#ChiefsNation #BeRoyal
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO
Sittin here on my 2010 Macbook Air. shyt is 5 years old and still running like new. Battery has only lost 16% of its capacity and I still get 5+ hours out of it.