What is your relationship with Squats?

trap101

All Star
Daps
I was waiting for someone to open this pandora's box:mjgrin:
You say that you stopped doing barbell squats cause they didn't feel good on your lower back. How do you know you were doing them correctly? I would argue that you weren't and that's why they didn't feel good. You weren't feeling the affects of your poor form at lower weight but once you got to something that require good technique and form, you were punished:manny:
The IRON never lies............ :blessed:

trap101

All Star
Daps
Few things:
- #POWDABOYZ™ is defunct. Never mention that name again. :mjcry:

- That's not a rack, that's a squat stand. If you happen to fail there are no safeties to help you. It costs less money and has a smaller footprint [takes up less space] than an actual rack. I wouldn't cheap out and grab one of those. I'd get an actual rack that can be bolted down if necessary. If money is that tight, a gym membership is still cheaper over time for a minute.

- Something like Body Power Deluxe Rack Cage, Accessories, Safety Bars, Floor-Mount Anchors
^this is still pretty affordable and will have moar utility. (It's 300 bucks from Wally Mart.) :yeshrug:

I'm not a home gym gang member (or even affiliated) but the pros of a home setup are pretty meh to me outside of rona quarantine.

-- 4Tails
Screenshot-2023-01-07-220412-removebg-preview-20-removebg-preview.png
We gonna come back G, We Gonna come back..............:to::to::to:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
@Son Goku @xXMASHERXx @The ADD

Is that home squat rack they're selling at wally world any good? I saw it yesterday and almost bought it but I decided to see what the POWDA(TM) Boyz got to say about it first.

Athletic-Works-Adjustable-Squat-Rack_70c05c19-1740-4fe3-8423-0b8233f6f93a.9d9cc017deb04a6594a56c17fc53e4fb.jpeg

I need something where I can get it in at home cause I'm not gon be at a gym anytime soon.
I'm glad you asked before buying. Like @Son Goku said, that's a squat stand and I can tell by the picture it's trash. If you truly can't make it into a gym, then I would get an actual rack. With that said, you're going to need a bar and plates. If you want to do the home gym correctly, it can leave your wallet crying really fast. I know you said you won't be at a gym anytime soon but I think you would be better off in a commercial gym.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Was gonna lift today, but sprained my damn ribs again tuesday from coughing. Gonna try for tomorrow after downing copious amounts of advil.
May God have mercy on my soul.

giphy.gif

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Why though? I have flat feet (try being a runner with flat feet) and I squat perfectly fine. I understand it's not the easiest exercise but you do realize you can practice with just a bar right? If you have a fear of squats(or any lift imo) you probably should be practicing with just the bar. What's your max squat?
nikkas make excuses for everything

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
I love squats, especially highed up on my favorite sativa
that mind muscle connection :blessed:
me envisioning wearing out my bish later that night mid squat :takedat:

Last edited:

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
Dunno how some people do it. Makes me way too relaxed.
you gotta find the right strain, and vaping is my preferred method of consumption
sativas are great when I wake up and paired with some coffee, I'm ready to conquer the world:salute:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It's interesting that so many people will not do squats but those same people will do leg press. I'll be honest I think leg press might be one if not these worst exercises that people do.

If you hurt your hip doing them, it wasn't light weight for you :manny:
I agree leg press is a woat exercise.

Up there with lat pull downs. Just do pull-ups instead