What is your relationship with Squats?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
They hurt my back so I stopped doing them a while back and substituted them for other exercises. I plan on trying them again once I'm done overriding physical limitations that most likely affected my performance for this exercise.
Whut?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Squats are the only exercise I wake up and stare at the ceiling dreading, it's never easier, always feels like the first time. Maybe it's because I have flat feet :manny:
Why though? I have flat feet (try being a runner with flat feet) and I squat perfectly fine. I understand it's not the easiest exercise but you do realize you can practice with just a bar right? If you have a fear of squats(or any lift imo) you probably should be practicing with just the bar. What's your max squat?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Why though? I have flat feet (try being a runner with flat feet) and I squat perfectly fine. I understand it's not the easiest exercise but you do realize you can practice with just a bar right? If you have a fear of squats(or any lift imo) you probably should be practicing with just the bar. What's your max squat?

Just doesn't feel right at my ankles and knees like I'm 'too wide', my main focus rn is running a 10 min 1.5 mile, so I only do 3 sets of 10 with some 25lb dumbbells. I haven't tried to hit my max honestly.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Just doesn't feel right at my ankles and knees like I'm 'too wide', my main focus rn is running a 10 min 1.5 mile, so I only do 3 sets of 10 with some 25lb dumbbells. I haven't tried to hit my max honestly.
Ok I misunderstood what you were saying. Honestly where you are right now you shouldn't be doing any weight. You should be focusing on form and technique ideally with a coach. And please get some good running shoes with arch supports if you are going to be running.

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Ok I misunderstood what you were saying. Honestly where you are right now you shouldn't doing any weight. You should be focusing on form and technique ideally with a coach. And please get some good running shoes with arch supports if you are going to be running.

Thanks, that's something I've been seriously considering spending some money on this year, and I made sure to buy some good running shoes.
I was jogging 6 miles a day in converse last year:francis:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Squats are the only exercise I wake up and stare at the ceiling dreading, it's never easier, always feels like the first time. Maybe it's because I have flat feet :manny:

:troll: Aye pause B. :dame:

But srsly, I got low-ass arches too. shyt don’t got shyt to do with anything.

Ice-up-son GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY