What is LL Cool J missing that keeps him out of real GOAT discussion?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
This thread is wild disrespectful :hhh:

LL is a top five MC no questions asked. He came out in 85 and had his last hit in 04. How many rappers can say they have two decades worth of hits AND multiple classic albums? Jay and that’s it. LL never had the best bars but he was more than capable of holding his own. Plus he was more versatile than all his peers. I’ve said this on here many times but LL is the blueprint for having a career in hip hop. First artist on the hip hops first brand Def Jan. LL is a pillar of the culture. And he’s still carrying that hip hop flag to this day

And on top of that he's from the 80s... I hate how the 80s is treated as a dinosaur era.. Muthafuggas(especially) here act like hip hop started in the 90s... Alot of these nikkahs favorite rappers looked up to LL

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I probably wouldn't have made this thread if I had heard this bullshyt

"R.I.P. Robert E. Lee but I gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me ":krs:

fukk this lame ass nikka, and it hurts to say because my late mother bought me the clean version of G.O.A.T. for my birthday as a kid :pacspit::mjcry:

Fukk outta here.. Nikkas here still sucking Lil Wayne dyck after all of the fukkery he's done and still wanna add his protected ass in GOAT discussions. But one bullshyt c00n song dismisses LL's whole catalog?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Fukk outta here.. Nikkas here still sucking Lil Wayne dyck after all of the fukkery he's done and still wanna add his protected ass in GOAT discussions. But one bullshyt c00n song dismisses LL's whole catalog?
Wrong person bruh wayne was my GOAT my whole highschool run ( Georgia Bush!!!)but I instantly threw him in the bushes after the "white man saved my life" interview. fukk Ye too nikka I stand on my principles black over everything till we settle things:birdman:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
its weird cause 22 yrs ago when the GOAT LP dropped I legit didn't have a problem with him labeling himself that, and no one else really did neither

at the time he had been in the game longer than Nas, Jay, Big and Pac and had just as much commercial and critical success as them, if not more. He was Will Smith level if Will look lyricism and the craft a bit more seriously instead of just going pop.

22 yrs later he's not in my top 10

but hes definitely in the top 15 tho

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a legend in the same way Kane is a legend. But GOAT? Nah, I think your name gotta excite people for far longer than his did. He been surpassed by quite a few cats by now on that front

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a legend in the same way Kane is a legend. But GOAT? Nah, I think your name gotta excite people for far longer than his did. He been surpassed by quite a few cats by now on that front

He had a long ass run. How long are you talking about?

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had a long ass run. How long are you talking about?

Yeah he had a long ass run and it's over. He was in the conversation up until maybe 2002 if we're pushing it. I mean even Nas and Snoop have had longer runs if we really being honest

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah he had a long ass run and it's over. He was in the conversation up until maybe 2002 if we're pushing it. I mean even Nas and Snoop have had longer runs if we really being honest

You could say that. Nobody's run lasts forever.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Some of the same ideologies behind demeaning LL in here come from those supporting the "Future is the best rapper" premise in the other thread.....which speaks volumes about generational perceptions.

Can't have GOAT arguments in rap anymore because rap is the only genre that shyts on its history and legacy and disregards its pioneers.

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
For me

Stage presence L was Great

Hit Singles L had was Great

His Rap beefs was Great even though I still have Canibus winning that battle.. L only won because the radio DJs and the media wanna still have that connection with him

but for me his albums was full of fillers and about 3 or 4 great songs…

from 85-95 his albums was good, minus walking with a panther and 14 shots was bad..

then from 97 with phenomenon on nikka music was trash