What is LL Cool J missing that keeps him out of real GOAT discussion?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Art Barr has literally been the only person ever on my ignore list since I joined this shyt. like I'm not even mad, his posting style is just such an obnoxious read I can't stand it lol. I figured he was posting in here since some posts started to not make sense, so I took him off ignore. and sure enough what do I find? none other than corny oldhead forced lingo from a person that's trying wayyyy too hard to be cool on the internet :heh:

I don't know how y'all stomach that shyt. honestly I applaud him though because of the posts I read in here none of them used the term "joe" although there was a "huff" sighting smh. someone tell him using dated language out of defiance against changing times doesn't make you cool or trendy.

you jive turkey

This whole post goofie cap, goofie.

nikka trying to talk and do nuffin but expose they still don't know shyt about actual hiphop culture. Plus you not the protege to a legend or the headliner. So no one in life or on this earth.
is going to supply this shyt in history.
from an actualized level like me either.

Now go deflect and play agent provacateur to someone else. As you are not adept. to even speak. Or go public. Like people give a damn.
about you clout chasing. Publically, stating i am on your ignore list. I do not use bytchmade function and controls like you. Plus in publically holding me hostage. To vocalize how bytchmade you appear either. By telling us this.
As i am an actualized real top skilled culture based pedigreed authority. While alternatively, you just some wack toy offbrand nikka. in every possible way. benefitting from me going to work. On my products trying to talk. Plus the very pillar i am the real grassroots headliner in from the business derived from the pillar of emcee'n..

I bet nikkaz won"t ignore. Me putting you on the list.
of nikkaz i clown and table tho.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I hear you...I just ain't like that shyt. I love those producers, and want as many great/elite MCs to utilize them as possible.

Well who makes adult contemporarry commercial rap on that level you do like. As no one has or is capable culturally. with high overall skill able to do wtf ll can do.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
depends on the time period you were raised... I wouldnt be mad at seeing him be in anyone top 10

I'm only on page 2 but I bet nobody has said it yet : LL doesnt get full props because he transitioned into jiggy era
made really dope or creepy songs for women...... dirty macked hardbody and came off super corny in this era for most of his singles

and that energy is basically for male strippers. everyone loved the music but nobody wanted to admit they were with him like that, so everyone brings up walking with a panther and GOAT, Radio etc
he dove in headfirst with the seductive dirty mack shyt ... which is funny because Kane did it 100% more tame and he was crucified for it. LL rode that male stripper train into the sunset

Kane never ramped like ll tho. Kane regressed after back on the block.
Which i feel ll on mama said to fourteen shots. I speculate ll personally was trying to eclipse kane with marley marl. As i feel a lot of material on there is ll saying to kane. This how you do me and then do yourself as me better than you kane. Every smooth ll record seems like it could be cap to kane.
Especially the original pink cookies.
Plus, ll revisiting the break from aint no half stepping. Could be taken as sneak cap before it was a term. Or a sneak diss before people thought to decypher that aspect of a record. Or that sneak diss aspect became a rhyme built off clarity. to expose who they were intending to be a target back then.

Art Barr

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Well who makes adult contemporarry commercial rap on that level you do like. As no one has or is capable culturally. with high overall skill able to do wtf ll can do.

Art Barr
I'm not disagreeing, I just like hardcore shyt. I know LL is going to make his girl records, I'm personally good on that, though. I want him to go back to 2 or 3 girl records and the rest tough shyt. Just my personal taste.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not disagreeing, I just like hardcore shyt. I know LL is going to make his girl records, I'm personally good on that, though. I want him to go back to 2 or 3 girl records and the rest tough shyt. Just my personal taste.

Oh i agree with that.
i feel he gave us mixtapes in that era.
to offset the commercial contemporary rap slash rnb direction of todd smith.
Where he went tha fukk in.

giving us what you wished for in your post.

Art Barr

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Chuuch.

What 16-year-old can’t feel “Doin’ It”?? All they think about is doin’ it!
Or what 16 year old boy hasn’t wanted to take a girl from a sucker-ass nicca, like “Loungin’”?
Young girls named Lisa, Angela, Pamela, or Renee’ go “HEYYY” when they hear they name on “Around The Way Girl”

Point blank - everybody knows latently that Rap is a young mans’ game.
LL is the first Young Rapper, that made Rap a young mans’ game.
...and now, he the Best Old Rapper. Every time he comes back, he got fire for dat ass.
...but you won’t dare call it comeback - and you know why!

ANYBODY that don’t have LL Cool J Top 5 better have a damn good explanation.
Anybody that don’t have him Top 10 is strange.
Anybody that doesn’t have him Top 20 is retarded.
But if you don’t have him in the “GOAT conversation”, get the fucc off of Earth.

I'm not talking on the quality of the music. The problem is people saw LL get old and dip quietly from the game. He not being checked for. There are more obvious GOAT choices who you can see their legend living on in the music and culture. You gotta remind dudes that LL was nice because their heads are going straight to Jay, Nas etc

What young MCs are modelling themselves after LL? I see lil 2Pacs and lil Wayne's though. They quoting Pac, got Pimp C samples, groups straight up sharking Three 6 Mafia etc.

This been happening. We know this. LL had a nice career and he can still spit when he feel like it. I'm not saying he isn't a GOAT but if people completely forget that he's a GOAT it is what it is.

He's one of those dudes where you had to be there at the time. I remember LL from Phenomenon and In Too Deep. I had to go back. A lot don't bother:manny:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
ALL OF THEM...it’s just that some of them know it, and some of them don’t.

You mentioned Lil Wayne...Lil Wayne is LL Cool J off lean
Drake is insecure LL Cool J
LL Cool J is The Blueprint to this Young, Brash Rapper chit.

I'd say most don't but I feel you. LL doesn't get his deserved props, not really getting shouted out. He's very unique in that respect considering how big he was

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I'd say most don't but I feel you. LL doesn't get his deserved props, not really getting shouted out. He's very unique in that respect considering how big he was

All the legends shout L out though. They always have. Old and new legends.

Those are the people that have opinions that actually hold weight. When dudes like Nas and KRS are calling you the GOAT or saying you're in their Top 10's, then you're certified. If you listen to G Rap talk about how LL influenced him or Lupe, Scarface, Monch and Snoop always shouting him out, that's what it means to get the props you deserve. The legends know who gets to sit with them or not.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All the legends shout L out though. They always have. Old and new legends.

Those are the people that have opinions that actually hold weight. When dudes like Nas and KRS are calling you the GOAT or saying you're in their Top 10's, then you're certified. If you listen to G Rap talk about how LL influenced him or Lupe, Scarface, Monch and Snoop always shouting him out, that's what it means to get the props you deserve. The legends know who gets to sit with them or not.

Yeap... and you also have a generation of rappers who don't really do a lot of citing their influences or favorites when they were growing up. There's a lot of MFs they ain't shoutin' out, LL or anyone else. This however doesn't mean shyt when it comes to whether L is a GOAT or not. The people currently making music probably didn't get anything from LL- that was 25-30-35 years ago... but I can almost guarantee you, a lot of them got shyt from someone who got their shyt from LL. nikkas parading around with their shirts off, making R&Bish records for the women, standin' on top of cars, shyt like that... trace it back

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Yeap... and you also have a generation of rappers who don't really do a lot of citing their influences or favorites when they were growing up. There's a lot of MFs they ain't shoutin' out, LL or anyone else. This however doesn't mean shyt when it comes to whether L is a GOAT or not. The people currently making music probably didn't get anything from LL- that was 25-30-35 years ago... but I can almost guarantee you, a lot of them got shyt from someone who got their shyt from LL.

Word.

Cool J has always been one of the main sources. If you listen to a lot of dudes that have had success in music, they always mention L. Nelly just said that his two GOAT's were Pac and LL. He was always trying to be on some LL shyt, lol. Fat Joe constantly talks about how he would've never tried to rhyme if it wasn't for LL, and this dude was hanging around a lot of legendary MC's back then. LL is the blueprint. MC's always bring him up. This guy's legacy is really untouchable.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Ll is the boy king breh.
He created the criteria of being a prodigy in the business of rap. That used to be the benchmark. Before, and after the technical revolution was ushered in by nas. It took pun. To change the age requirement idea. Of what age or who could become a superstar before eighteen. As the technical revolution ushered in by nas. Originally was the stop gap for anyone trying to be a rapper.
Which all comes from the fact. Ll was in skill and top profound draw. The highest drawing and skilled rapper before fifteen. When judged by the beginning of the recording cycle of I need a beat the long version. Which at 7 minutes and thirty some odd seconds in length. Solidified in one release the end of the ol school way of thought. Plus ll is the first adult contemporary artist making credible adult content based records. That are taken as adult and not child based drawing records. Like every rnb underage act. Usually fails in the right of passage of child to adult content. Of which for the time only Michael Jackson was the only one to be able to do. So LL's company in regards to the industry by just age. Is a feat only Michael Jackson in comparison was only able to do. As before that any child based drawing artist failed. Just like originally weezy failed to do. Before lying about dedication to the pillar of emcee'n and still using ghostwriters. before my reviews of I'm gangsta and others recordings. in that university of Texas slash writer pool jank era. Before trapmusic was a solidified term. From koolbreeze to later ti's relaunch on trapmusick the mixtape. That later we would be introduced to kevin gates and the precursor to younG money for. Which at the time no one knew was still fraudulent. That the brain trust was used in trickle down fashion. of child actor slash voice actor Brian Austin green in black face Jewish mulato named drake. If not for ll, there would be no blueprint for the cashmoney era to exist. After juvenile's original exodus from cashmoney amidst administration and money issues with baby originally. Ll is the adult child teen prodigy. Who created a teen could be viewed as an adult contemporary artist on debut release. No one has ever done this other than ll. Plus ll created the genuine rubric for this. While any child artist after this. Has co-opted this factor. While also faking jax. Plus being so fufu fraudulent. That it still fools ignorant noob listeners in draw erroneously. By faking the real adult skillset ll cool supplied in the original recording envelope of I need a beat.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Anyone naysaying ll about goat talks. Also has never dug in the crate. To realize hiphop has three states of existence in ways of thought.
ol school to boy king to new school way of thought.

that the golden age and Krs come from. Which is post the boy king era.
ll is the only emcee who literally began the king of rap ideal. That people have misappropriated wrongly in titles like king of ny. When ll was the boy king of the entire world of rap. Not just nyc. The entire world at fourteen. when the recording of I need a beat the long version was released at seven minutes and thirty Plus seconds on the long version.
in the segueway. of the ol school way of thought, from the boy king era. to the new school way of thought. The contemporary age of rap stars was given the pre-req age requirement of being a young man's game. Plus later the teacha period would usher out the king of rap ideal. Which later in the jiggy era became misappropriated wrongly as the king of nyc. Limited in Pattern regionally in premise after movies. Instead of cultural foundation or skill. While being an inferior ruling. when compared by the two variables of age and skill. to the original ruling of the boy king era. ll singlehandidly ushered in. From recordings made when he was barely fifteen years old.

In the new school way of thought to the styles war era. That was ushered out by nas's technical revolution in 1994. Then the technical revolution to jiggy era. To then the re-imagining of the original age requirement from nas's criteria. Which is what made rap solidly into a young man's prodigious talent criteria. Which was not ushered out fully till big pun's post jiggy dominance.
on the remix to I wanna be a playa was the industry dominant draw and recording for that timeline. Which changed the age requirement from Teen prodigy before graduating high school. That nas changed from the technical revolution. To then the age requirement doubling from LL's fourteen year old boy king age to pun's much older twenty eight year old change of age preference. as a pre -req in rap at twenty eight. Which allowed the post jiggy post Pac glass ceiling being shattered. That allowed the faux Pac marketed dmx commercial to get at me dog. To draw by teasing imagery of pac's return as dmx. Which after that industry age requirement in draw from pun allowed. DMX and then after the ruff ryder boom JAy at a much older age. After two original failed forays by post jiggy semantics. To become a pop draw much later after his jaz debut. To which jay needed considerable rampup. Via aid from biter style morph proximity of jaz, geechi suede and also big l aiding jay to ramp in skill set and employ a once none existant slow flow ala the now vocal tonality based mastery skill level of ll predating them on Mr smith. Which released near The ksolo feature style explosion debut of pun on the lackluster year of 1995's fire water. which clearly points and disputes any revision. to allow jay to be called a goat erroneously as well. As jay never fit the age or skill requirement. With his contemporaries to draw. Plus was never the highly skilled Mc his pr lies to the world about. As jay was never skilled on the level of ll. When compared via timeline. To dispute a number of people who erroneously are given a fake title or distinction of goat. When they do not fit the criteria. Plus are not the real skill benchmark or cultural artist. Who created the age requirement change. From LL's original boy king reign of all of rap. Which had been misappropriated wrongly after the era of the teacha and then the false title of king of nyc. Which hinges on the same type of culture thief misappropriation meglomania found in birth of a nation. Which is far and away from the culture base pulse of the pillars of emcee'n and the business of rap as well. Where LL's reign as boy king disputes wholeheartedly in every possible way.

as the king of nyc moniker. is a jiggy birth of a nation meets sellout culture thief misappropriation act of LL's boy king real skill and teenage adult contemporary real reign worldwide in rap. Not just isolated to the king of nyc misappropriated movie term and prison industrial gateway movie lifted birth of a nation misappropriation style moniker.

Art Barr

Last edited: