What is LL Cool J missing that keeps him out of real GOAT discussion?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Most top 10 lists are full of nikkas who did embarrassing shyt, or had flagrant missteps, musically and otherwise. That could be its own thread.

Pac - possible rape, sus pics
Jay - Sunshine:hhh:, snakery, fukkery

IIRC, he was at a show OT and couldn't make the video, and they didn't want to wait for him.

Still would have liked that over any of his last 4 or 5 albums, instead of extra light shyt like Todd Smith:francis:

Also how cacs overtake shyt. The culture would be much stronger off that alone.

No sir...not at all. G Rap's discography is great. I think Busta gets a bad break on this, too. His is pretty good, too.

So terrible.

Get all the way the fukk outta here:camby:

Never heard that about Pac. Did hear it about Big.

Crossroads
Illegal Search
Power Of God
I Can Give You More (kinda)
Love You Better (kinda)
Cheesey Rat Blues

In response to the bolded.
Actually todd Smith is the one record.
No other major label rapper could ever make in the history of rap.
As they are atypically inferior in skill from technical, variables and execution of vocal.
You can not downplay that album at all.
Especially if people try to crown a post commercial pop jiggy era based rapper as an erroneus goat.
Of which no one in rap history in the new school way of thought.
could or had the skill to make that album.

Todd Smith = the one album none of ll's contemporwries in th new school eay of thought he seguewayed and ushered in and enabled them to actuallybdraw all could never do. Not krs, not ra, not kane, not big, not jay, definatly not nas, not drake, weezy, gucci, master p, all of cashmoney, not snoop kr any ruthless records legwcy artists etc.

Ll is the only loan major label rapper and emcee. That wellversed in overall high quality skill.
that can make an album with that execution of high quality display.

Art Barr

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
All we got left is the beat.

diggy down

He also has the best relationship song ever made in this is us.
To go along with the love songs.

Thank you for saying these records.
Especially “This Is Us”. That has one of the illest lines ever on it:

“It’s like The Devil’s pumping hate in my heart with a syringe”

And then on that same album he had “Homocide”

and “Fast Peg”, “Crime Stories”, “Wanna Get Paid”... L got all the chits.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
the only new school way of thought emcee.
better better in overall real skill than ll is only:
Rakim

Then followed loosely by:

Busta

Everyone else with a major loan from an art house.
Is not globally anywhere near ll cool j. When judging the entire gamut.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Thank you for saying these records.
Especially “This Is Us”. That has one of the illest lines ever on it:

“It’s like The Devil’s pumping hate in my heart with a syringe”

And then on that same album he had “Homocide”

and “Fast Peg”, “Crime Stories”, “Wanna Get Paid”... L got all the chits.

No rapper has a discog as well versed as ll.
Plus if you have kids. Ll is the only rapper you can really put on as well.
As real talk,....i feel this thread was made by inexperienced noob users.
Who really are not adept culturally. at sepeaking on anything related to hiphop culture and the pillar of emcee'n.

Art Barr

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
As they are atypically inferior in skill from technical, variables and execution of vocal.
Especially if people try to crown a post commercial pop jiggy era based rapper as an erroneus goat.

Todd Smith = the one album none of ll's contemporwries in th new school eay of thought he seguewayed and ushered in and enabled them to actuallybdraw all could never do. Not krs, not ra, not kane, not big, not jay, definatly not nas, not drake, weezy, gucci, master p, all of cashmoney, not snoop kr any ruthless records legwcy artists etc.

Ll is the only loan major label rapper and emcee. That wellversed in overall high quality skill.

Art Barr

100%.

The only ONLY other rapper who woulda even had the balls to attempt a project like
Todd Smith that would have done it justice was 2Pac. I liked Todd Smith is an album people
say we need more of in the genre, but rappers CAN NOT MAKE.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
100%.

The only ONLY other rapper who woulda even had the balls to attempt a project like
Todd Smith that would have done it justice was 2Pac. I liked Todd Smith is an album people
say we need more of in the genre, but rappers CAN NOT MAKE.

Pac could not do it either.
As pac was not a technical marvel after possibly his same song debut to b side flex.
Not to mention pac could never spit double time. The most pac could have done was stay in his element. Similar to the superior execution of thug love. When compared to notorious thugs with big. Whereas big is not in ll distinction cause ll killed double time. With arguably the best double time flow all time too. Incomparison big was offkey and struggled to pocket his flows on a pro level using double time. Like ll cool j on a solo song with three verses. Which was used as the flagship for an oliver stone movie, any given Sunday.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
WHAT THE FUCC??

I can’t believe I just read this chit...

Shawty telling on himself.

As real talk.
I need love singlehandidly created bangin in the whip.

Whomever said that..
@Mr Clean

You need to stop.being a homebody.
Then go get in a car or get some high end bass hewvy ear buds and be proven COMPLETELY WRONG.. By the beginning sonic brilliance of i need love. Let alone, the fact no one will ever write or perform a record as singularly profound as i need love. As no one on a major label will ever come along and rival that record.

It is the signed major label benchmark in emcee and rap business of the pillars' history.

It will never be rivaled. Along with his other staple series of records in what would become rap contemporary. Which did not exist credibly before or after i need love.

Only teenage love can rival ll. When it is made by an op school way of thought veteran. When ll is the boy king, who ushered out the ol school way of thought. Into his own individual reign of singular dominance in the totality of hiphop culture. Which then from his dominance. Lead to ushering out of the dark ages of the roxanne wars. Then created the culture windfall as a fourteen year old to fifteen year old teen. That would usher and signal the beginning of the actual new school way of thought.

Art Barr

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Pac could not do it either.
As pac was not a technical marvel after possibly his same song debut to b side flex.
Not to mention pac could never spit double time. The most pac could have done was stay in his element. Similar to the superior execution of thug love. When compared to notorious thugs with big. Whereas big is not in ll distinction cause ll killed double time. With arguably the best double time flow all time too. Incomparison big was offkey and struggled to pocket his flows on a pro level using double time. Like ll cool j on a solo song with three verses. Which was used as the flagship for an oliver stone movie, any given Sunday.

Art Barr

Absolutely, “Shut ‘Em Down”. One of the greatest double-time records OAT.

But my point was, I think 2Pac (had he lived a bit longer) is one of the few rappers
who would attempt a record like Todd Smith - not stylistically, but themeactically.

For example, 2Pac could make a record about the same thing as “Freeze” or
“Baby” - but he couldn’t flow them like L. I agree with your statement about “Thug Luv”,
Pac can’t flip into that gear.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Absolutely, “Shut ‘Em Down”. One of the greatest double-time records OAT.

But my point was, I think 2Pac (had he lived a bit longer) is one of the few rappers
who would attempt a record like Todd Smith - not stylistically, but themeactically.

For example, 2Pac could make a record about the same thing as “Freeze” or
“Baby” - but he couldn’t flow them like L. I agree with your statement about “Thug Luv”,
Pac can’t flip into that gear.

The first death row pac record.
Actually could be viewed as a rap contemporary meets ruthless record runs the world semantics album.
That fits into the idea pac made an album like ll masters on todd smith.
It would be what if pac made a gangsta rap contemporary album.
In that,....pac still was nowhere near ll actual skill level as an emcee.

Art Barr

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Art Barr has literally been the only person ever on my ignore list since I joined this shyt. like I'm not even mad, his posting style is just such an obnoxious read I can't stand it lol. I figured he was posting in here since some posts started to not make sense, so I took him off ignore. and sure enough what do I find? none other than corny oldhead forced lingo from a person that's trying wayyyy too hard to be cool on the internet :heh:

I don't know how y'all stomach that shyt. honestly I applaud him though because of the posts I read in here none of them used the term "joe" although there was a "huff" sighting smh. someone tell him using dated language out of defiance against changing times doesn't make you cool or trendy.

you jive turkey

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Shawty telling on himself.

As real talk.
I need love singlehandidly created bangin in the whip.

Whomever said that..
@Mr Clean

You need to stop.being a homebody.
Then go get in a car or get some high end bass hewvy ear buds and be proven COMPLETELY WRONG.. By the beginning sonic brilliance of i need love. Let alone, the fact no one will ever write or perform a record as singularly profound as i need love. As no one on a major label will ever come along and rival that record.

It is the signed major label benchmark in emcee and rap business of the pillars' history.

It will never be rivaled. Along with his other staple series of records in what would become rap contemporary. Which did not exist credibly before or after i need love.

Only teenage love can rival ll. When it is made by an op school way of thought veteran. When ll is the boy king, who ushered out the ol school way of thought. Into his own individual reign of singular dominance in the totality of hiphop culture. Which then from his dominance. Lead to ushering out of the dark ages of the roxanne wars. Then created the culture windfall as a fourteen year old to fifteen year old teen. That would usher and signal the beginning of the actual new school way of thought.

Art Barr

Chuuch.

What 16-year-old can’t feel “Doin’ It”?? All they think about is doin’ it!
Or what 16 year old boy hasn’t wanted to take a girl from a sucker-ass nicca, like “Loungin’”?
Young girls named Lisa, Angela, Pamela, or Renee’ go “HEYYY” when they hear they name on “Around The Way Girl”

Point blank - everybody knows latently that Rap is a young mans’ game.
LL is the first Young Rapper, that made Rap a young mans’ game.
...and now, he the Best Old Rapper. Every time he comes back, he got fire for dat ass.
...but you won’t dare call it comeback - and you know why!

ANYBODY that don’t have LL Cool J Top 5 better have a damn good explanation.
Anybody that don’t have him Top 10 is strange.
Anybody that doesn’t have him Top 20 is retarded.
But if you don’t have him in the “GOAT conversation”, get the fucc off of Earth.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
depends on the time period you were raised... I wouldnt be mad at seeing him be in anyone top 10

I'm only on page 2 but I bet nobody has said it yet : LL doesnt get full props because he transitioned into jiggy era
made really dope or creepy songs for women...... dirty macked hardbody and came off super corny in this era for most of his singles

and that energy is basically for male strippers. everyone loved the music but nobody wanted to admit they were with him like that, so everyone brings up walking with a panther and GOAT, Radio etc
he dove in headfirst with the seductive dirty mack shyt ... which is funny because Kane did it 100% more tame and he was crucified for it. LL rode that male stripper train into the sunset

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Art Barr
I hear you...I just ain't like that shyt. I love those producers, and want as many great/elite MCs to utilize them as possible.