What happpened to Video Games

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
OP getting hate, but he’s right. These days all the games are either some indie low budget shyt; a rpg that takes 500 hours to finish, live service, a “souls lite”, or a game that is set 200+ years ago.

Cyberpunk 2077
God of War: Ragnorak
Horizon Foribben West

All don't fit that mold and are currently on discount.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
OP getting hate, but he’s right. These days all the games are either some indie low budget shyt; a rpg that takes 500 hours to finish, live service, a “souls lite”, or a game that is set 200+ years ago.

There’s some quality games coming out, but this generation has been ass, as the graphics haven’t had a next gen leap and the optimization has been lacking(Jedi Survivor; Plague Tale Requiem). Gaming isn’t what it was back in the 360/PS3 age, we’re lacking variety at the AA/AAA space. I’d kill for a 3rd person Uncharted like game, or a GTA clone like Sleeping Dogs.
Low budget :dahell:

Graphics have gotten to the point where no one buys systems for graphics. Red Dead Redemption 2 is beautiful to this day. Graphics are now at the point it barely sells systems and so-called "low budget" games look good. if you can't find something to enjoy these days it's all on you. Yes, a game like Bombrush Cyberfunk isn't AAA but who cares. Does a game have to be high budget to be fun? If anything, gaming is being reset. Back in the day not every game was a looker and there was more variety and things that could be made. We have transitioned back to that because graphics just don't matter as much. Breath of the Wild is on Switch but aesthetically it looks good and that's enough for most people. And if high budget matters so much to you there's options for that. Something for everyone.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cyberpunk 2077
God of War: Ragnorak
Horizon Foribben West

All don't fit that mold and are currently on discount.
Hellblade
Jedi Survivor
Alan Wake
The resident evil games
Talos Princible
System shick
Hifi rush.

Dudes just don’t actually like games, or they let the internet hype/hate dictate what they feel is worth their time. :smh:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:manny: Let’s be real as we get older we’ll never get AS excited. For things like we once did when we were younger. Unpopular opinion I think gaming has peaked. I think we played through every experience, story, and gameplay mechanic that developers have to offer. At this point just deliver a great game with dope graphics/art style that runs at 60 fps.

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same thing that happened to movies. When you gotta sell millions of copies just to break even the experimentation stops and you just get remixes of the tried-and-true formulas. Everything is an AssCreed, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham mash up because that's what is proven to sell.

Dark Souls is the new hot thing to copy.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hellblade
Jedi Survivor
Alan Wake
The resident evil games

Talos Princible
System shick
Hifi rush.

Dudes just don’t actually like games, or they let the internet hype/hate dictate what they feel is worth their time. :smh:
These are 1990s and 2000s titles though. There's nothing on the level in terms of a new IP today.

I also don't like games as a service.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched a summary of the summer game fest. 80% of the trailers were some dystopian murder fest shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
These are 1990s and 2000s titles though. There's nothing on the level in terms of a new IP today.

I also don't like games as a service.
There’s new games in those series and everything i listed is not live service, and that’s a short list there’s plenty more. Plus even more new stuff shown off this weekend.

South of Midnight is a new IP that’s really unique, and there was others too.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Don't you have a backlog? What kind of game do you feel like playing?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yourself included nikka :dahell:

I expressed these EXACT same sentiments last year and got ran out the Arcadium and was told I was a deranged Xbot trying to promote my channel... FROM BOTH SIDES

intelligent discourse doesn't live here, gotta get your serious gaming discussion fix from the tranny supporters :dame:
My nikka here like

what-confused.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Why is everything so static and boring? Feels like there hasn't been a good new franchise in years. Everyone seems to be blah about Series X and PS5. If I don't play on steam, I'm not even thinking about games as a whole anymore.
Nah, you're right. Every game is an RPG or FPS now.

I don't even own a PS5 or X. If I get one it's for the new cfb game or possibly GTA 6.

Gaming sucks now unless you fall in that niche I stated

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, you're right. Every game is an RPG or FPS now.

I don't even own a PS5 or X. If I get one it's for the new cfb game or possibly GTA 6.

Gaming sucks now unless you fall in that niche I stated
I just listed 8 recent games that are not RPG or FPS.

You on a 11 year old machine talmbout ain’t shyt but old stuff to play :francis: