What happpened to Video Games

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shareholders happened. AAA games are rarely art anymore. They’re a vehicle to make money and offend the fewest ppl possible, whether that be their real life sensibilities or the types of games they like to play.

The few who still care about the art form are godsends, but the industry downfall has opened up a lot of free time and money on my end.

If I told even a 20 year old me I wouldn’t have turned my PS5 on in the past 6 months, he would wanna run my fade :mjlol: I haven’t even turned on my PC fr but I’ll be on that Elden Ring DLC. FromSoft is one of the few left

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Shareholders happened. AAA games are rarely art anymore. They’re a vehicle to make money and offend the fewest ppl as possible, whether that be their real life sensibilities or the types of games they like to play.

The few who still care about the art form are godsends, but the industry downfall has opened up a lot of free time and money on my end.

If I told even a 20 year old me I wouldn’t have turned my PS5 on in the past 6 months, he would wanna run my fade :mjlol: I haven’t even turned on my PC fr but I’ll be on that Elden Ring DLC. FromSoft is one of the few left

You’re just getting old

There’s 10x’s more variety and access to good games now then there ever was. 20 year old you wouldn’t even know where to start if he was introduced to todays tech

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel you. I watched the last few shows, and nothing really grabbed me. The indie/AA titles all seem to blend together now, and the AAA titles just seem like more of the same. It's probably an age thing, but the kind of games I used to love no longer interest me. I can't think of anything outside of maybe BL4 and PoE2 that I'm looking forward to.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re just getting old

There’s 10x’s more variety and access to good games now then there ever was. 20 year old you wouldn’t even know where to start if he was introduced to todays tech

Age is definitely a part of it, as I’m much less patient if I’m not actively being pulled into a game, but I know what fully “aging out” feels like. I went a few yrs after college not feeling games at all, but BOTW got me back in the fold. Back then I didn’t even really think about games. Nowadays I will sit down and wanna play a game, and my options are either finish a game I dropped already, or play some shyt that’s not really interesting to me for one reason or another.

I think I’m just waiting on the right game(s) to come out again. There’s a list of games over the next couple yrs that I’m only skipping if they’re a disaster

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I feel you. I watched the last few shows, and nothing really grabbed me. The indie/AA titles all seem to blend together now, and the AAA titles just seem like more of the same. It's probably an age thing, but the kind of games I used to love no longer interest me. I can't think of anything outside of maybe BL4 and PoE2 that I'm looking forward to.
Nothing personal but the kind of games you used to like don't interest you right?

but both games your interested in are sequels

🧢

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nothing personal but the kind of games you used to like don't interest you right?

but both games your interested in are sequels

🧢
What? Those statements are not at odds with each other. It's why I used the qualifier 'outside of maybe.'

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
The games are good.

The online discourse is wack.

Everybody posturing for whatever narrative, controversy for clicks.

Lots of great stuff to play right now and in the near future.
Yourself included nikka :dahell:

I expressed these EXACT same sentiments last year and got ran out the Arcadium and was told I was a deranged Xbot trying to promote my channel... FROM BOTH SIDES

intelligent discourse doesn't live here, gotta get your serious gaming discussion fix from the tranny supporters :dame:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
OP getting hate, but he’s right. These days all the games are either some indie low budget shyt; a rpg that takes 500 hours to finish, live service, a “souls lite”, or a game that is set 200+ years ago.

There’s some quality games coming out, but this generation has been ass, as the graphics haven’t had a next gen leap and the optimization has been lacking(Jedi Survivor; Plague Tale Requiem). Gaming isn’t what it was back in the 360/PS3 age, we’re lacking variety at the AA/AAA space. I’d kill for a 3rd person Uncharted like game, or a GTA clone like Sleeping Dogs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yourself included nikka :dahell:

I expressed these EXACT same sentiments last year and got ran out the Arcadium and was told I was a deranged Xbot trying to promote my channel... FROM BOTH SIDES

intelligent discourse doesn't live here, gotta get your serious gaming discussion fix from the tranny supporters :dame:
Naw you was talking hella crazy.

You ran yourself outa here.

I’m not on here trying to trash any game/system.

That’s what some of you do :ufdup:

BTW, the tranny supporters are even worse then a here every game is some negative shyt or some controversy.

Majority of the negative shyt, and trash discourse that happens here comes DIRECTLY from resetera.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw you was talking hella crazy.

You ran yourself outa here.

I’m not on here trying to trash any game/system.

That’s what some of you do :ufdup:

BTW, the tranny supporters are even worse then a here every game is some negative shyt or some controversy.

Majority of the negative shyt, and trash discourse that happens here comes DIRECTLY from resetera.
Tranny shyt=Resetera
DEI shyt-Neocac
Annoying shyt/stan shyt-Reddit
Twitter-Cac Tweets :ohlawd:
Original thought-Sony stands :mjlol:

Got all bases covered for deflecting failing Xbox

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tranny shyt=Resetera
DEI shyt-Neocac
Annoying shyt/stan shyt-Reddit
Twitter-Cac Tweets :ohlawd:
Original thought-Sony stands :mjlol:

Got all bases covered for deflecting failing Xbox
What’s funny is, in any other context we all agree all those people are clowns, but AS SOON as they something negative about xbox their word becomes gold.

Like i said, some of you are just here to promote narratives and controversy for daps.

In reality all 3 of the big 3 have sound yet different strategies and they are executing them pretty well right now. If you aren’t on the internet listening to cac tweets then you are currently happy with any platform you got right now :manny: