What happens in Florida stays in Florida (wishful thinking) (updated with fukkery)

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
2e149f61-62da-405f-b7d8-8695bdd1e2fa_750x422.jpg

Photo by: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Agressive European grey Wolf (Canis lupus) growling from behand tree as warning of defense. Vicious teeth are shown to scare off the attacker.

Florida man fights off coyote with coffee mug
The man finally had to run over the animal with his truck.

FRUITLAND PARK, Fla. — A Florida man fought off an aggressive coyote with a coffee mug, according to a TV station.

WESH in Orlando reports Ben Pool was walking his dog in Fruitland Park when the coyote approached them.

His dog was ready to fight.

Pool said he hit the coyote with a coffee mug several times and was able to get away with his dog, but the animal followed them. Finally, he killed it by running over it with his truck.

State officials say he won't face legal issues because of his actions.

Last edited:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
We still on it!

Davie woman gets jail time after throwing hot water in boss’ face

DAVIE, FLA. (WSVN) - A Davie woman who threw hot water in her boss’ face has been sentenced to serve jail time for the act.

Jondre Thomas was sentenced Wednesday to one year in county jail and four years probation for aggravated battery with great bodily harm.

She threw boiling hot water at her boss’ face at a truck stop off State Road 84 in February 2018.

Thomas apologized to her former boss, Claudio Salcedo, in court on Monday after entering a no contest plea.

“I’m so sorry that I reacted the way I did, and I do ask for your forgiveness. I am sorry for what I did to you. I really am,” Thomas said. “I’d like to apologize for my actions. I’m so very sorry that I hurt him. I know that I hurt him badly, and I feel very ashamed for my actions.”

Surveillance video captured the attack that Salcedo said was prompted by Thomas being upset over a meeting about her work.

“My face just started burning, which I thought that it was acid at some point because it just kept sizzling,” Salcedo said in February 2018.

While leaving court, Salcedo said he was satisfied with the verdict.

“I was never here to judge,” Salcedo said as he left the courtroom. “I forgave her, and hopefully, she never does that again to anyone else.”

Last edited:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Florida man arrested after hitting girlfriend in face with burrito

Photo by: Bell, Autumn

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WTXL) - Law enforcement arrested a Florida man after he hit his girlfriend in the face with a burrito.

First Coast News reported that an arrest report said Peter Michael Elacqua, 41, shoved his girlfriend into a chair in the bedroom of a home they share and threw a burrito at her on Feb. 8.

A deputy found the woman with contents of the burrito spread across her face, neck, and shoulder area.

Elacqua was arrested on Monday and faces domestic battery charges.

Last edited:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Damn people in florida ratting like this?

That combo of heat & boredom makes ppl do strange shyt
I read that, because of the way that the laws are written, that crimes, and identities of defendants and victims are not protected in Florida the way that they are in practically every other state.......but I have also been to Florida, and know several people from Florida, that make me think that it is super duper inbreeding.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Hundreds of poisonous toads swarm Palm Beach Gardens neighborhood

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (WSVN) — Hundreds of poisonous toads have swarmed a South Florida neighborhood.

According to WPTV, multiple poisonous bufo toads swarmed a Palm Beach Gardens neighborhood. Photos show the creatures swimming in residents’ pools, swarming patios and hopping across the street.

“I just see a massive amount of toads or frogs everywhere, covering every square inch,” said resident Jennie Quasha. “You can’t even walk through the grass without stepping on one.”

Neighbors said the outbreak happened about a week ago, but they have no idea where the toads came from.

According to Toad Busters, a poisonous toad removal service in South Florida, the toads are bufo toads, also known as cane toads.

“With the warmer winter and then we had a rain two to three weeks ago, a torrential rain, that caused them to go into a breeding cycle,” said Mark Holladay, a lead technician with Toad Busters. “They’re not safe for pets or children. If a pet was to ingest too many of them, even at that small size, it would cause a problem.”

Holladay said the problem will not be letting up anytime soon either.

Another wave of toads is expected to come in about three weeks when the next batch hatches out.

Last edited:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Public defender punched by inmate in Broward Courthouse

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A public defender was transported to the hospital after she was punched by an inmate at the Broward County Courthouse.

Veteran defender Julie Chase was alongside a female defendant during morning bond court when another inmate walked up and punched her in the head, Wednesday.

Brandon Beyer@beyernews

Broward county jail inmate punches public defender in bond court. PD rushed to the hospital.. working story ⁦@wsvn

The inmate, who was identified as 27-year-old William Green, was then restrained by deputies and carried away.

Green was already facing a charge of touch or strike battery after he allegedly punched an employee of Florida Medical Center while being held under Florida’s Baker Act law.

According to the arrest report, Green was admitted to the hospital “due to his severe violent history.”

“Out of nowhere, defendant Green rushed [the employee] from behind, grabbing him around the waist with both arms and drug him into the hall,” the report stated.

Charges for the Wednesday morning incident are currently pending.

“It was very unfortunate and our hearts go out to her because she’s carrying the good weight of our office every single day trying to represent folks in that very difficult environment,” said Public Defender Gordon Weeks. “That is totally inappropriate and not what is to be expected of your job as a public defender. The jail needs to take a little more precautions when it comes to the safety of individuals, particularly the public defenders that are placed in that environment. They should have been able to identify that this individual is experiencing a significant psychosis. The jail needs to be a little more mindful of identifying individuals with significant and ongoing and pervasive mental illness, and they need to take more appropriate steps to ensure that those that are present are in a safe environment.”

It is also unclear why Chase was punched in the first place.

Chase was taken to the hospital to be evaluated and has since been released. The full extent of Chase’s injury remains unclear. The public defender has since returned home and is said to be resting.

7News has reached out to the Broward Sheriff’s Office but we have yet to hear back.

Last edited: