What happened to our brothers and sisters at Jonestown gives me chills

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem with all cults is people start believing that the leader is actually a messenger that is closer to God than they are. When that happens they start believing in man instead of God and those leaders take full advantage of that.
The world is full of losers and fools and it doesn’t take much to get them to believe. If you make them feel good on Sunday, there’s a good chance you can get them to do what you want Monday through Saturday.

Jim Jones was sacrificing animals as a kid and locking his friends in rooms forcing them to listen to him preach. He was a depraved dude.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He caught them at the right time and the right place. Once he came to the Bay Area black folk at the time was susceptible to any cac that wanted to help them.

Dude was feeding people and was acting like he gave a fukk about them and the poor flocked to it...this was also in the 60's and 70's in the most liberal place in the country.

What I don't get is why they didn't leave the church once they found out he was full of shyt in San Francisco before he even fled to Jonestown. A man of God wouldn't be doing the things he was doing.
He ended up in the Bay because he got ran out of his hometown after trying to take over the black church he learned the game from (old dude named “Father Divine”). He said he was the messiah and the next in line, they basically said “get your ass out of here before we put your lights out, white boy” :mjlol:and looking back I wish they would have :scust:

A lot of black folks are way too trusting, which has always been our problem. A few people tried to warn everyone in The Bay about him but it didn’t work.

At the end of the day, he was never interested in religion. It was about power, money and sexual deviancy, like every other cult.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
A prime example of black people being brainwashed/controlled (to the max) by Christianity beliefs, he basically lured them out of the United States knowing how hard it would be to just escape "Jonestown". Those who wanted to escape were murdered and others poisoned dying within hours.

shyt kinda reminds me of the movie Children Of The Corn in a certain way, in the sense how a religious cult leader brainwashed (even poisoning and killing) others.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
A lot of you fukk nikkas would get slapped in the mouth in real life..... everything ain’t for giggles or joke fodder
He was fukking dudes and women in his little cult and they still followed him but you in here crying like a little hoe because what I said is true. Eat a dikk you bytch ass fakkit

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was fukking dudes and women in his little cult and they still followed him but you in here crying like a little hoe because what I said is true. Eat a dikk you bytch ass fakkit

You’re taking a very complex event and disingenuously reducing it to something simple to support your bullshyt narrative....

You’se a hoe ass clown for that... and like I said, in real life, you already know what it is........

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
ASIDE:

Jay-Z is a PSY-OP too. Just he is an emcee (master of ceremony) in the church of Hip Hop.

Do you see how smoothly they created a cult around him over the years, by crafting him as a brilliant business man. And now the announce he's a billionaire partner him with the NFL and now he is propped up and promoted as if he is a Black leader.

And it worked too, because Jay-Z is now able to govern(steer) the interests of the African American community. We done drank the flavor-aid.

That whole thing was a nice test and demonstration of their (dont worry about who they are) kingmaking practices.

You dont find it funny HipHop started with GrandWizard and GrandMaster DJs who were accompanied by MCs. HmmmmM

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
nikkaz was grade A c00ning over a white supremacist and paid the price. Only innocent ones were the children.:unimpressed:
He wasn’t a supremacist. He played the game ‘right’ cause he knew America wouldn’t care about blacks. But he was as anti racist as it gets. First integrated church in Indiana if I’m not mistaken.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Yeah I got sucked into this story aswell, Jim Jones was also using forced medication, sleep deprivation and solitary confinement to brainwash those people. Random fact, one old lady actually slept through the mass murder, when the armed guards went to check on her they thought she was dead but she was sleeping.
:picard: Can’t imagine waking up and seeing THAT type of fukkery , I know she was fukked up after that:wow: