What happened to our brothers and sisters at Jonestown gives me chills

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
He caught them at the right time and the right place. Once he came to the Bay Area black folk at the time was susceptible to any cac that wanted to help them.

Dude was feeding people and was acting like he gave a fukk about them and the poor flocked to it...this was also in the 60's and 70's in the most liberal place in the country.

What I don't get is why they didn't leave the church once they found out he was full of shyt in San Francisco before he even fled to Jonestown. A man of God wouldn't be doing the things he was doing.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:picard:I remember hearing the audio of Jim Jones losing his shyt and basically forcing his followers to drink the kool aid or else. Some lady was trying to make sense of this especially bringing up the babies, but that cold hearted b*stard kept insisting on drinking the drink. Hearing the cries from that child.......................:snoop:Jesus.

The fact remains that those followers left everything to find the closest thing resembling God, but ended up with a false prophet and a eternal issue:mjcry:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
He caught them at the right time and the right place. Once he came to the Bay Area black folk at the time was susceptible to any cac that wanted to help them.

Dude was feeding people and was acting like he gave a fukk about them and the poor flocked to it...this was also in the 60's and 70's in the most liberal place in the country.

What I don't get is why they didn't leave the church once they found out he was full of shyt in San Francisco before he even fled to Jonestown. A man of God wouldn't be doing the things he was doing.

It's real deeper than finding out the truth. Some people put their whole cards on the table and once they realize the game is rigged, they still shoot the shot because of the fear of feeling like a fool. As somebody who endured a church that wasn't doing right, there's layers to the shyt on a spiritual level. Some followers need a sledgehammer to break away from the grim reality that they are getting played. Then there's issues such as some followers doing dirt with the "person of God". Like the senior pastor and "apostle" of the church I was a follower in. I knew the shyt from the get go that the place was problematic from the money grubbing to drugs being involved. One night the "apostle" was strung out as all hell trying to give out a sermon. I left before more damage was done. The messed up thing was that this lady was supposed to get ordain the day when shyt went down with the pastor and "apostle" losing their minds :francis:.

Bottom line, there's layers to it. It's harder when your spirit is involved with the wickedness. It's hard to shake off the differences between good and evil when you are shield-less to the problem.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
95e81e4fb32caa5d79ca97be473108e7.jpg

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
:picard:I remember hearing the audio of Jim Jones losing his shyt and basically forcing his followers to drink the kool aid or else. Some lady was trying to make sense of this especially bringing up the babies, but that cold hearted b*stard kept insisting on drinking the drink. Hearing the cries from that child.......................:snoop:Jesus.

The fact remains that those followers left everything to find the closest thing resembling God, but ended up with a false prophet and a eternal issue:mjcry:

That was an old brehette. His wife known as Mother Jones knew what was happening was wrong and not even she could get him to stop it. His followers also held her down and injected her with the mix

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The problem with all cults is people start believing that the leader is actually a messenger that is closer to God than they are. When that happens they start believing in man instead of God and those leaders take full advantage of that.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
As a kid I was under the impression that what happened was a mass suicide by crazy fanatics, but recently getting sucked into this story I realized it was straight cold blooded murder. Nobody had a choice to back out of drinking that kool aid due to armed guards surrounding everyone. I also didnt know it was 60% black people who were slaughtered. And so many young children.

I DO NOT suggest listening to the audio of when the mass killing was happening. You can hear children crying out in pain. You can hear people pleading for their lives and suffering while Jones rambles on about this "revolutionary" act which was instead senseless murder with no purpose.

And watching the video taken on the last day of their lives. People had no idea they were all about to be dead in a few hours. I can't get this shyt out of my head.

But they willing joined a cult. What do you mean no choice? :wtf:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Jim Jones was an atheist and used religion to gain power for himself instead of empowering the people following him.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/33401955/

The above link will lead you to a post a couple years ago which will lead you to an archive of a LOT of JJ's speeches/telephone conversations/info/etc.

He started out actually trying to improve peoples' conditions, but you know what they say about 'absolute power'..................:snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: P90

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkaz was grade A c00ning over a white supremacist and paid the price. Only innocent ones were the children.:unimpressed:
I agree; they should’ve never been following that devil in the first place. He was a junkie who was into all type of sexual deviant behavior and contracted STDs (there was one day he got high and ran through multiple men and women at the church) BEFORE they even left for Jonestown, and they still chose to go.

While some of them were forced, the majority of the adults willingly drank the kool aid (literally and metaphorically).