What happened to our brothers and sisters at Jonestown gives me chills

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I still feel sorry for the victims. Manipulating people using religion/spirituality is just foul.Some people have experiences that make them especially vulnerable to religious manipulation.
At the end of the day, the adults should have bailed out of his cult before it even got to point where they fled the country, though.

ComorianKid

Banned
Daps
Reppin
East Africa
Yeah I got sucked into this story aswell, Jim Jones was also using forced medication, sleep deprivation and solitary confinement to brainwash those people. Random fact, one old lady actually slept through the mass murder, when the armed guards went to check on her they thought she was dead but she was sleeping.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I got sucked into this story aswell, Jim Jones was also using forced medication, sleep deprivation and solitary confinement to brainwash those people. Random fact, one old lady actually slept through the mass murder, when the armed guards went to check on her they thought she was dead but she was sleeping.

Yep he was. He was actually raping women, men, girls and boys to control them. Especially once they moved overseas. He would have white knighy drills where he would have gunmen shoot in the jungle at night. Then wake everyone one up and go through drills saying people were coming to get them.

Good comment on the old lady who slept through the massacre.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs

Even the story his adopted sons tell is on some next level shyt :mindblown:

All you need is some true believers and shyt goes left real quick

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn I didnt know about the sleeping lady! I know 5 managed to flee into the jungle when it was happening. A few of them give interviews in the doc I watched. All of em watched their family die. One guy saw his kid get injected (I would just die at that point). Im wondering how they got away, it didnt go into much detail. Im guessing they just slipped out during the chaos and got lucky the guards didnt see and shoot them. (Maybe the guards didnt really wanna shoot people idk)

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
nikkaz was grade A c00ning over a white supremacist and paid the price. Only innocent ones were the children.:unimpressed:
You say c00ning but fail to acknowledge that many of the people were seriously mentally unhealthy and felt alone in this world with no support. It was a time of serious social problems with no feeling of hope and an individual comes around making people feel loved, wanted and purposeful.

There were recklessly gullible people who should have known better, yes. But, most of the people were gullible as a result of factors outside of their control. It's tragic.

It's a warning, much like the book Invisible Man of "saviors" who feed people with bullshyt.

I feel bad.

Last edited:

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
thats deep i watched two documentaries on it and another on his biography.

the shyt at jonestown at the end was some next level movie shyt, the woman in the congression saying.

"why dont we go to russia"

"well im trying, what else can i do dang" - jim jones

he had the black peoples hearts and ears because he was motioning a non segregational church and was charasmatic. after all the information i dont think he meant to go that far but i think he knew he was going to jail. he had underage sex and watched people get stabbed its just nasty.

till this day i dont know why the rapper jim jones kept that name.

What are they called?